• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dejan Lovren

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Amy Lewis ‏@SkySportsAmy
I'm told Arsenal are now very keen on signing Dejan Lovren. Could be a summer exodus at #saintsfc...

Sorry there is no link but AMY Lewis is SSN Reporter so could be something about it.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This'd be a great start, if he comes as a fourth choice CB then we'd have the best selection in the PL, if he comes to replace Vermaelen then he's as good as we'd get.

Caz19

Great player.

Him coming in doesn't necessarily mean Vermaelen is off yet. As it stands we only have 3 players who can play CB, and nobody who can even fill in as 4th choice now that Sagna is gone. I would hate to be in a situation where we need to play somebody like Jenkinson or Flamini at CB in case of an injury to 2 out of Mertesacker/Koscielny/Vermaelen

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Him in and Vermaelen out would be great business, we could actually rely on Lovren to fill in for Kos/Per to give them a rest. He's very young, I reckon him and Verm will go for similar fees as well.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah he's a good age as well, we've been linked with him in the past as well.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
hopefully we can Get Lovren Aurier and backup goal keeper before the Pre Season start and then we can think about striker and hopefully new midfielder.

ArseGod

C'mon folks. If we sign Lovren it's to let Verms go. We'll sign Aurier to cover rb/fourth cb. We should look for a young fourth choice cb, but we won't. We all know it.

What ever happened to those links to Tah from Hamburg? He'd be perfect 4th choice.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Cash in on TV whilst bringing Lovren in would be class business, think he's a better player, hope we can get him and Schneiderlin, the 2 best Southampton players.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We wont be buying a 4th choice CB, we will sell and replace Verm and then spend our money in more important areas, and rightly so!

Eduardo_da_Silva

I am not a fan of his. Great skill set but his mind lapses are well known in Croatia and its his mental weakness that is stopping him from becoming an elite defender. I had a chance to play against him and know quite a few of his close friends and his attitude isnt that great either. Didnt have the chance to watch as many of his games this season but there is a reason why France press and fans werent that into him. Maybe he matured due to the fact he got married and became a father but I wouldnt be that excited if we brought him in.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Eduardo_da_Silva said:
I am not a fan of his. Great skill set but his mind lapses are well known in Croatia and its his mental weakness that is stopping him from becoming an elite defender. I had a chance to play against him and know quite a few of his close friends and his attitude isnt that great either. Didnt have the chance to watch as many of his games this season but there is a reason why France press and fans werent that into him. Maybe he matured due to the fact he got married and became a father but I wouldnt be that excited if we brought him in.

You play at a high level?

You probably know more than most on here. I've only really watched him this season. First half of the season he was great, tailed off a bit in the second half and he's been OK in the WC. I still think it'd be good business replacing Verm with Lovren, Verm has looked a liability more often than not in the past year or so and he isn't going to get any better at 28.

Sannei

tap-in said:
We wont be buying a 4th choice CB, we will sell and replace Verm and then spend our money in more important areas, and rightly so!
I agree. If we are buying another CB it's because Vermaelen is leaving. And for the 4th CB maybe we will give some of our youth CBs like Isaac Hayden, more chances to play.

Eduardo_da_Silva

CurryFlavoured said:
Eduardo_da_Silva said:

You play at a high level?

You probably know more than most on here. I've only really watched him this season. First half of the season he was great, tailed off a bit in the second half and he's been OK in the WC. I still think it'd be good business replacing Verm with Lovren, Verm has looked a liability more often than not in the past year or so and he isn't going to get any better at 28.

No, I played in a third tier of Croatian League but torn my ACL and that that was it as far as my football is concerned. We played a friendly against a club he was loaned to and I actually got into a fight with him.. :D

He had a brilliant season for Dinamo before he was sold to Lyon, has a high ceiling but as I said, he simply drifts out of some important games and tends to make some unbeliveable mistakes. Maybe he managed to cut them out of his game but Im not convinced he has.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Daily Express says we're in pole position now to sign him.

Not seen too much of Lovren, so I haven't got strong opinions here. I know he's highly rated, only 24 and done well for Southampton.

Floating

Established Member
He was a bit spotty at Lyon but had a great debut season for Southampton. He's still young, and could be a great 3rd choice CB however.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom