• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dejan Lovren

Iceman10

Established Member
bingobob said:
Iceman10 said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Liverpool are going in strong for Lovren, if we don't offer first team football you'd think he'd goto Liverpool as he could be a starter. Could he bench Mertesacker?

If the rumours are true that Liverpool has bid £20m for him then we are done. Even for that amount Southampton are apparently putting up resistance which is what I predicted would happen, i.e. they have received enough money from Shaw and Lallana transfers and any more outs in addition will be too much, giving a sense of a crisis, which is not good for any owner even if they are more financial centric as opposed to football/sporting centric.
That could be problematic for us unless everything is already done and dusted and just waiting for France to exit the WC.

Could explain why we are in for Khedira, i.e. Southampton are going to put up heavy resistance re. Schneiderlin (and Lovren) although they may have to eventually relent when the transfer deadline approaches.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool had 20M bid rejected from Southampton for Lovren The saints want 25M to sell him.

so i can say we can rule this one out no way Arsène paying alot of money for backup defender.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Iceman10 said:
bingobob said:
Iceman10 said:
If the rumours are true that Liverpool has bid £20m for him then we are done. Even for that amount Southampton are apparently putting up resistance which is what I predicted would happen, i.e. they have received enough money from Shaw and Lallana transfers and any more outs in addition will be too much, giving a sense of a crisis, which is not good for any owner even if they are more financial centric as opposed to football/sporting centric.
That could be problematic for us unless everything is already done and dusted and just waiting for France to exit the WC.

Could explain why we are in for Khedira, i.e. Southampton are going to put up heavy resistance re. Schneiderlin (and Lovren) although they may have to eventually relent when the transfer deadline approaches.

If they want 25m for Lovren they must want similar for Schneiderlin, meaning he becomes unattainable. Kheidra looks all the more likely

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Hopefully this scares Liverpool off which leaves them a bit more open to selling Schneiderlin. It's unlikely that they'll sell any more big names, but no way are they selling their last 2 big players.

I'd much prefer spend 20m of Schneiderlin than Lovren.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
GDeep said:
Yeah, not happening. You can probably rule out Schneiderlin too, sadly.

for Schneiderlin i would pay 20M for him he is good player but looks like Southampton no need to sell more player just if a big bid from 20M+ to come.

Eduardo_da_Silva

Lovren gave an interview for Croatian newspapers stating he wants to go to Liverpool but Southampton said no to a 20 mil £ offer and want at least 25. He requested a transfer.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah, says Liverpool have bid, club haven't informed him, says his head is at Liverpool already etc.

Think he'll get that move eventually, but we can take this rumour off our radar.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
history likes to repeat itself doesn't it? last season Sp**s go on a silly spending spree banking on bale money. we then fund a spanish team's acquisition of bale.

this season, just swap madrid for barca, pool are spending even more money, and we (hopefully) get sanchez, helping suarez GTFO of our rivals while getting a peach of a player in return. said rival is then in a **** state.

*touch wood* *speaks in tongues* *does gypsy uncurse dance*

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

5 minutes of wisdom from Brendan Rodgers and that plan will fall to pieces lol

scytheavatar

Established Member
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
If they want 25m for Lovren they must want similar for Schneiderlin, meaning he becomes unattainable. Kheidra looks all the more likely

Kheidra is rumored to cost £23.8m, for that price it'll be really hard to justify signing him over paying a bit more for Schneiderlin.

dave_rwr

Established Member
scytheavatar said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:

Kheidra is rumored to cost £23.8m, for that price it'll be really hard to justify signing him over paying a bit more for Schneiderlin.

Will it be that hard though? Schneiderlin might have EPL experience, but Khedira also has 50+ international caps, a La Liga title, is used to playing at a club that demands wins, and although he was injured, he was at RM during their CL win last season. Bringing in that kind of pedigree over a player who has two caps and has only won promotion into the EPL isn't exactly hard to justify.

blrgooner

Established Member
dave_rwr said:
scytheavatar said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:

Will it be that hard though? Schneiderlin might have EPL experience, but Khedira also has 50+ international caps, a La Liga title, is used to playing at a club that demands wins, and although he was injured, he was at RM during their CL win last season. Bringing in that kind of pedigree over a player who has two caps and has only won promotion into the EPL isn't exactly hard to justify.
I would actually see it the other way round. If Khedira is available £23.8m, it would be difficult to justify signing of Schneiderlin for around the same price.
£25m is a ridiculous price for Lovren though. Is he really that good? He has looked a solid defender whenever I have seen him but nowhere near worth £25m.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Agreed no reason for Khedira to be rated at less as he's much more established.

Toast

Established Member
Can't be bothered to look up the quote, but didn't Wenger once say it was much easier to teach an attacker to defend than it is to teach a defender to attack?

Khedira can defend ánd attack. Can be easily taught to defend more, attack when needed. Seems like exactly the kind of player Wenger would be looking for.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom