• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denilson (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Mudi said:
This means: Squillaci, Arshavin, Fabianski and Denilson out for sure

Still 7 to go (Bendtner (2014), Chamakh (2014), Park (2015), Djourou (2015), Diaby (2015), Frimpong (2014) and Santos (2015))!!!

Wouldn't exactly put Frimpong in there. Meager contract compared to the others and still young. Looked great against Liverpool last season.

leo_ense

Established Member
Glad he's gone. So that's Arshavin, Squillaci and Denilson all gone with a huge youth level deadwood clear out as well, good stuff on that front. Now need to get Chamakh, Bendtner and Santos moved on as priorities.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Mudi said:
This means: Squillaci, Arshavin, Fabianski and Denilson out for sure

Still 7 to go (Bendtner (2014), Chamakh (2014), Park (2015), Djourou (2015), Diaby (2015), Frimpong (2014) and Santos (2015))!!!

You could get 4 Frimpong's for one Park, and you're talking about deadwood? Ehh

k24bfan

Need to move some more of the extra wage players we still have. I hope Chamakh is next. Park also still don't know why we bought him in the first place.

mo50

Established Member
Now it's time to get rid of Bendtner and Chamakh, our last remaining big money leeches.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
"Meanwhile, Arsenal have begun their summer cull, which could save around £350,000-per-week in wages, by terminating the contract of midfielder Denilson"

I knew his wages were high ... but ...

arf arf

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Confirmed by Arsenal.com

This guy will be released due to contract expiration(Arshavin and Squillaci too.)

Need to stamp this one.

dpt49

Established Member
As long as we learn that persisting with inadequate players like him, is not only detrimental to what we do on the pitch, it also creates discontent with our top players.

To play for a top club like us, and earn nearly as much as world class players in the same team, a player should earn the right to do that, not be given a starting place for more than a hundred matches, on a plate.

Personally, unlike other players that haven't made it here, I've got no sympathy with Denilson.
It wasn't his lack of skill or vision I found hard to tolerate, it was his laziness and lack of determination when things weren't going his way.

It didn't help when he said he wanted to leave to win things.

I got a message for him.
A team full of players who are the quality of Denilson will never win anything.

Considering the fact that he played more than 150 times for us, he is one of the worst footballers I've ever seen in an Arsenal shirt, to play so regularly.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
He was made to look even worse when the player he was brought into the side to replace was Flamini - one of the most gung ho and energetic players we've had certainly in recent years. Talk about Yin and Yang.

dpt49

Established Member
I don't blame him for being picked and not being good enough, but I do blame him for being one of the laziest footballers to wear an Arsenal shirt and then say he wants to leave because he wants to win things.

It is one of the great mysteries of football how he ever played more than 150 times for us.
Astonishing.

Mastadon

Established Member
dpt49 said:
I don't blame him for being picked and not being good enough, but I do blame him for being one of the laziest footballers to wear an Arsenal shirt and then say he wants to leave because he wants to win things.

It is one of the great mysteries of football how he ever played more than 150 times for us.
Astonishing.

Fully agree with this. These guys are sh1tbags who were given the opportunity to play for a top club in the CL despite a complete lack of talent and ability. Can't blame a guy for being sh1t but you can blame them for the lack of effort. He let Wenger down very very badly the man had faith in guys like Denilson and his reputation was tarnished as a result. And the fvcker repays Wenger for giving him a chance he never deserved by showing minimal effort. Bloody disgrace of a footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom