• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denilson (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Re: Denilson to Sau Paulo

Please on a permanent deal now, would be great instead of all these loans. Time to make this clearout permanent.

leo_ense

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130108/arsenal-ditch-flop-denilson-permanently-188801" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... tly-188801</a>

dpt49

Established Member

I still can't believe this most uninspiring footballer played around 160 times for us and was on about 50k a week.

He typifies everything that is wrong with our club.

He is another sub standard footballer, who should never have been allowed to wear an Arsenal shirt. He, and a few others, have dragged the name of this once great club down to where it is and are receiving massive wages in the process.

To think this joke of a footballer criticized the club for lacking ambition and he wanted to go elsewhere to win trophies.

Good riddance to him.

GDeep™

League is very weak

''dragged the name of the club down to where it is"'.

Bloody hell, talk about being dramatical.

Denilson was a good servant for the club I felt, didn't live up to the expectations though and kick on the way many felt he would, captained Brazil at youth level, I thought he would captain Arsenal just before he got sold. I felt some of you guys were too harsh on him. Not good enough for us no doubt, be has something and showed great periods of promise here, I can see why Wenger persisted with him.

dpt49

Established Member

GDeep said:
I thought he would captain Arsenal just before he got sold. I felt some of you guys were too harsh on him. Not good enough for us no doubt, be has something and showed great periods of promise here, I can see why Wenger persisted with him.
Out of the 160 games he played for us I can only remember one or two where he was our best player, even the best goal I saw him score for us was one of six against Everton.

We can't give him away and have been trying to do so for about two seasons.

He was possibly the most uninspiring player I have ever seen in an Arsenal shirt, play for us on a regular basis.

In his last season with us he was embarrassing.
There were occasions where he looked as if he was avoiding the ball and if he did get the it, got rid of it as quickly as possible, usually a short pass straight back to the player he had received it from.

As I said before there would not be another manager of a top club that would tolerate such mediocrity for so many games.

I still maintain, it's players like him who have dragged us down, taking massive wages with them and using up squad places that a decent player could fill.

I would accept he is not the only player like this but that is no excuse.

Having players like Denilson, Squillaci, Chamakh, Diaby, Park, Djourou, Arshavin, etc, who, between them, are being paid hundreds of thousands of pounds a week is insane.

Mastadon

Established Member

He was either rubbish or average his whole time here. I never saw anything in him and could never understand why Wenger rated him. No talent and no bloody application or effort either. You're absolutely right in calling him the most uninspiring player I would call him the most average.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Compared to Denilson, Arsh's work ethic is something to be proud of. Something you'd tell your grandchilds of, in fact.
Jogging-son would be more appropriate a name.

glaveror

Hey I completely missed this piece of great news!
They want to keep him? Great,I hope they'll burn his passport to prevent any chance of him returning here..goodbye and thanks for nothing you useless ******!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

GDeep said:
''dragged the name of the club down to where it is"'.

Bloody hell, talk about being dramatical.

Denilson was a good servant for the club I felt, didn't live up to the expectations though and kick on the way many felt he would, captained Brazil at youth level, I thought he would captain Arsenal just before he got sold. I felt some of you guys were too harsh on him. Not good enough for us no doubt, be has something and showed great periods of promise here, I can see why Wenger persisted with him.
Ridiculous, he was never good and was one of the main reasons we didn't win stuffs that 2 seasons he played. Constantly lost games for us and jogged like nobody care

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

GDeep's trolling.

Denilson can absolutely **** off forever. An embarrassment to AFC and always has been. :bash

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

This guy pissed me off above all the others. The way he used to give away penalties and free kicks by hanging out a lazy leg and not making a ****ing proper tackle; the way players could run from deep into our area, passing Denilson on the way as he went for a slow jog and not even be aware of danger around. Not to mention, in 99 percent of matches, he was totally anonymous. I rank him in the top 3 of our worst players. He may have talent in him somewhere but his attitude stunk.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member

As **** as he is it was Wenger's fault for buying him (a mistake that can be excused as he was only 19, captain of the Brazil U-21s and had just won all the major titles to be won with Sao Paulo) and then for persisting with him even after it was obvious to everyone that he wasn't good enough and had to be moved on (that is a mistake which is simply inexcusable and one that he still does even today with the current deadwood). He persisted with Denilson to the point that he even got atleast two contract extensions.

evoh_1

Established Member

Sydney Gooner said:
As **** as he is it was Wenger's fault for buying him (a mistake that can be excused as he was only 19, captain of the Brazil U-21s and had just won all the major titles to be won with Sao Paulo) and then for persisting with him even after it was obvious to everyone that he wasn't good enough and had to be moved on (that is a mistake which is simply inexcusable and one that he still does even today with the current deadwood). He persisted with Denilson to the point that he even got atleast two contract extensions.

He was a top top talent I remember being impressed with his pedigree when we got him and hardly unlike wenger to give him the space to develop along with the time. The issue is mainly the wage handed out which made him unmovable when the time came to cut losses.

Warship

Talk about a fall from grace..

I remember 4 seasons ago our brightest looking midfield (that hammered Everton on opening day) was Fabrgas, Diaby, Denilson and old Denny scored a cracker of a first-timer from a Cesc lay-off..

Either way, I thought I read somewhere he was in the last year of his contract anyway? It'd be nice to get something for him but it didn't sound like he was going to be around long anyway.

GDeep™

League is very weak

No one is trolling, I agree with most of you guys, he wasn't good enough, where I differ is that I can see why Wenger persisted with him, Denison had something in him, hidden somewhere deep, but it was there.

He was considered a top pick up when we signed him, captain of Brazil at youth levels, Tim Vickery thought he would be amazing for us, just didn't happen. I wonder if things would have been different had maybe Denilson joined a Spanish team, or stayed in Brazil a little longer and developed/matured more.

He was knocking on the door for an international call up a few times if I remember correctly, must have been something right at Arsenal one time or another.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggWyUEuGcWY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggWyUEuGcWY</a>

outlaw_member

Established Member

Denilson was talented, and Wenger did a poor job in handling him. Firstly, he wasn't a proper destroyer, yet he was tasked with the job of being one. Secondly, he went from 4th choice (behind Flamini, Gilberto and Diarra) in 2008 to 1st choice in 2009, todays equivalent of Yennaris suddenly becoming first choice. He ultimately failed to live up to his duty, and was rightly shipped out. However, his development could have been handled better, IMO. Oh, and why the **** is this guy still contracted to us?

mo50

Established Member

I remember him as an 18 year old in his debut season putting in an excellent performance in the FA cup. Things didn't work out but there was potential there. How many 18 year olds on our books right now are even good enough to get near the matchday squad? They're struggling to make an impact in the lower divisions.

I can't believe we haven't sold him though. I was certain a Spanish team would pick him up for a modest fee. I guarantee if our current leeches had won a league title they would've been sold much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom