• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denilson (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbig

Re: Denilson to Sau Paulo

I thought he was very good when he first joined. Not sure what happened to cause him to become a lazy, half-arsed, cowardly player.

I remember him having a decent passing range, and looked good in a midfield with Cesc and Diaby. Those were the days when I still had hope that they would help us dominate the league. Those 21-year olds who dominated much more experienced teams in the cups. The future looked so bright then.

Maybe he was played out of position and didn't develop much physically after joining, but it's hard to excuse his lack of effort.

dpt49

Established Member

dbig said:
I thought he was very good when he first joined. Not sure what happened to cause him to become a lazy, half-arsed, cowardly player.

I remember him having a decent passing range, and looked good in a midfield with Cesc and Diaby. Those were the days when I still had hope that they would help us dominate the league. Those 21-year olds who dominated much more experienced teams in the cups. The future looked so bright then.

Maybe he was played out of position and didn't develop much physically after joining, but it's hard to excuse his lack of effort.
He was mentally weak like Chamakh.

I have no problem with players like Denilson. It's the fact that he played for us 160 I have a problem with.

Minstrel Boy

When Denilson first joined, I thought he looked a good prospect. His occasional appearances in the first team, and bearing in mind the quality of the first team was higher then, was encouraging. I think the problem was when Wenger threw him into the deep end after clearing out Flamini and Gilberto.

In such situations, a player either rises to the occassion or withdraws into his shell. Given Denilson's weaker mentality, it seems he went with the latter. It's why so many talented youth don't make it at the club. Not everyone can be thrown into the deep end and be expected to shine.

mistaT

Established Member

He did alright for a while - but his game was too limited.

Song
Denilson-Fabregas

^ midfield was designed to free Fabregas while maintaining possession. As such Denilson was asked to feed Fabregas the ball/maintain possession and complement Song in defense.

Unfortunately for Denilson he was exposed anytime we didn't dominate possession as he was slow, a space cadet, and offered too little offensively to overcome those shortcoming. Fabregas may not have played any more defense than Denilson in hard games but at least he contributed going forward.

Blah - not trying to defend him as I was never a fan.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Agreed with most about him being good at first. I don't know if its Wenger's coaching or his brain, but soon after his game become damn limited. He doesn't pass long, doesn't dribble, doesn't do anything but laze around.

It amazes me at that time there were people who said Denilson was better than Diaby.

King Malta

Along with all the above criticisms, the guy never learned how to tackle. Collects more cards than Tiote.

Pea-Tear-Griffin

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/44953_arsenal_loanee_denilson_set_to_leave_sao_paulo_-_report.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/44953_ ... eport.html</a>?

Sigh.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado

GDeep said:
Not good enough for us no doubt, be has something and showed great periods of promise here, I can see why Wenger persisted with him.

nah, if anything the super season 08-09 he benefited from cesc's deep positioning, therefore the creative or attacking burden from our midfielders was less. on the other hand, kolo was still an arsenal player, gallas is someone who can actually defend, so we had some resemblance of experience at the back to overshadow his defensive, in fact, overall, deficiencies.

notice the deficiency. at the young age, those are more forgivable a) because of inexperience, therefore expectations a little lower and b) because we hope he will improve. he simply never did, especially as his so called strengths were increasingly irrelevant and at times detrimental to our style/gameplan.

but mainly though, we just hate his face. can't stand the gutless little phony. it's irrational.

not to mention his best season is probably our worst since invincibles. at least for now

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Denilson's agent, Alexandre Soares, has confirmed the midfielder is free to leave Arsenal and that a number of clubs are weighing up moves for his services.

"I can confirm Denilson and Arsenal have agreed to terminate his contract at the end of this month," Soares said.

"Denilson is free to move to another club and a number of clubs are interested in him."

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8755112/Arsenal-Cancel-Denilson-s-Contract-Says-Agent

(Please merge if the topic already exists)

Moderator Action: Threads Merged.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Good Arshavin Squillaci and now Denilson that 180k a week return to our bank.

marv3llous

Good news, but i doubt we're paying off anyone else, especially players who have multiple years to run with us.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THAT'S BETTER THAN WINNING THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!

Mudi

This means: Squillaci, Arshavin, Fabianski and Denilson out for sure

Still 7 to go (Bendtner (2014), Chamakh (2014), Park (2015), Djourou (2015), Diaby (2015), Frimpong (2014) and Santos (2015))!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom