• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denis Zakaria

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Elneny should not be consired a football player, he is much better at driving a golf cart and picking up balls. Maybe Bale will sign him and Mustafi later.

4B25B23700000578-5615709-image-a-7_1523717798574.jpg

Irrelevant. We wasting time and effort replacing squad players like for like when we already have players of his profile (behind the ball CMs). We need guys that can make the difference a difference in the final third. Zakaria is just more of the same.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
People like to ignore what they dont seem fit with their idea.
City and Bayern wanted him for real, got a serious 1 year knee injury and slowly recovered from it. That's his recent past.

Monster season before. Fact.
Risky, but nothing like Elneny, not in any way.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

don't think this means much because the Xhaka in the red and white of Switzerland is a different beast from the Xhaka in the red and white of Arsenal
So why would Zakaria fare any differently?

I mean I agree, and like I've said i'll be fuming if we sign Ramsdale, White, Lokonga and Tavares without getting a RB and specifically an AM (Maddison). But its fairly likely we'll sign a AM at the very least. After that I think we sign a RB OR CF.
We ought to have began with the priorities! It's pretty basic ****! Wonder why we do it different every single ****ing season. Is the management incapable of learning :facepalm:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We ought to have began with the priorities! It's pretty basic ****! Wonder why we do it different every single ****ing season. Is the management incapable of learning :facepalm:

Yeah I did say that in another thread. Sign Maddison and Lautaro first within the first few weeks, have them ready then work on White/Ramsdale/RB if need be.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Is he quicker than Xhaka at least? Can we involve Elneny in the deal? I'd be involving him in any deal being negotiated really.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Xhaka benches this guy for Switzerland right?
Xhaka, and the other guys, yeah.
This take seems to be based on Euro 2020, which is misleading. Zakaria had injury problems leading to the tournament. When fit, he's a regular starter next to Xhaka.

don't think this means much because the Xhaka in the red and white of Switzerland is a different beast from the Xhaka in the red and white of Arsenal
Switzerland use Xhaka in a more advanced role than we do. Zakaria isn't akin to Xhaka in terms of playing style, he's akin to Partey.

Goonger

Not sure I believe the rumours yet, but this guy was getting touted to the likes of City a couple of years ago for £40M before his injury.

If you can get him for £15M-£20M, could really be a gamble worth taking!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not seen him play much but he changed the game against Wales in the Euros tbf.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I guess one reason (although being in theory) is that the PL is really quick and physical. Xhaka gets beaten by this almost every game, whether that be off or on the ball. In international football you get more time on the ball so you can pull the strings.

Zakaria may not have a sensational range of passing, but he's a real athlete and breaks play up well + one time I watched him he did a disgusting dribble from his own box beating a few players (not sure if he does that often but was something Xhaka simply can't do).

I would take Zakaria on the cheap as some depth, thats about it though. I wouldnt spend too much more then £20m on him. He would offer us something different to what we have too, people will compare Partey + Lokonga to him because they're black but they're completely different. Zakaria is much more of a destroyer than them by the looks of things, with less intricacy in his passing but a powerful dribbler.

He would be able to play with every single CM we have with quite good balance.

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This seems like agent driven story. I really don’t see us how we get a new cm now xhaka is staying

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We definitely need an extra midfielder capable of pushing Xhaka/Partey and as a more senior alternative and not just relying on Sambi. I got to say I've not see this guy a great deal but from what I've seen the opinions of him fluctuate a lot. In the past he's been described as a player who'd improve us (tho probably pre-Partey) other times I've seen people say he's average.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom