• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dirk Kuyt

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlAmer14

asajoseph said:
Positionally I'd agree - Davies certainly looks like a good option, although there are a few players out there so he's not really a 'must get' for me.

I'd say that a midfielder who can defend to at least some degree, but has a solid all-round game is our highest priority, either to support or replace Gilberto.

But knowing AW I dont think he will sign anybody, I really hope thats not the case cuz if it is, we won't be challenging for the title with the squad we have compared to chelsea. It is really frustrating that we are not linked with defensive players, where we obviously need to strengthen the defensive part of our game in the premiership.

nORg@

I dont think Kuyt is a striker that will help as in the attack , he isn't a target man and not a good header...We need a Target man like Torres or Adriano or ...... , he should be a powerfull stirker who can head the ball good and who can challenge with defenders.....

i dont know why many people are just judging kuyt on his world cup apprearances. yer he did not play well but i believe he would play twice as good if he was playing upfront in a 4-4-2. also wenger never judges players on only their world cup appearances hes always interested in a player who performs consistantly throughout their careers.

kuyt is a fantastic finisher and a very unselfish player and has the potential to play a bergkamp role. if he is able to cope with the change between the dutch league and the premiership i think he will be an amazing talent. he always has an eye for a pass upfront which would probably give henry a few more goals. wenger is always more interested in strikers who can assist and score.

i dont think reyes or walcott is good enough to play upfront and i believe that wing play is more their position. kuyt is not even the best finisher in the dutch league hunteelar is. i rather get kuyt for about 12 mil and the possibility of wenger bringing in defensive minded players (which seems unlikely) than having to spend 30mil on torres and having no money left. we also just spent almost 400 million on a new stadium.

asajoseph

Established Member
kuyt is a fantastic finisher and a very unselfish player and has the potential to play a bergkamp role.

He does. He just wouldn't play it anywhere near as well as Bergkamp.

i dont think reyes or walcott is good enough to play upfront and i believe that wing play is more their position.

What do you know about Walcott? Seriously?

Gurgen

Established Member
Kuyt is not good enough to play for Arsenal, full stop.

If Wenger didn't have such an unhealthy obsession with assists he wouldn't have gone and watched him in the first place.

KingReyes

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Kuyt is not good enough to play for Arsenal, full stop.

If Wenger didn't have such an unhealthy obsession with assists he wouldn't have gone and watched him in the first place.

Neither is Adebayor but as you said Arsène is obsessed with teamwork, assists etc. Not a bad habit to have to be honest :wink:

kuyt is nowhere near worth 14 million that is just ridiculous.

i havent seen any games in the dutch league and so i haven't seen him in it but i did see him at the world cup and i think he was really disappointing for holland.

if we were to buy him i think it would be a waste of money and wenger doesn't normally waste money. so hopefully he won't go down this road.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
but newcastle will pay for him. they are famous for buying expensive flops.

kuyt is nowhere near worth 14 million that is just ridiculous.

i havent seen any games in the dutch league and so i haven't seen him in it but i did see him at the world cup and i think he was really disappointing for holland.

if we were to buy him i think it would be a waste of money and wenger doesn't normally waste money. so hopefully he won't go down this road.

Like you said, you haven't seen him play in the dutch league and in prior dutch games, but only on the world cup. Then it's kind of ridiculous that you think that he isn't worth the money, since you don't know him at all. If I didn't knew about Henry besides this World Cup matches I wouldn't give a dime for him to play in the team.

About Kuijt, for Feyenoord he is worth the 14 million pounds, but probably wouldn't be worth it for Arsenal. I think he would be a succes in the premier league, but he won't be a Henry or something like that.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Arsenal are interested in Dutch striker Dirk Kuyt, Kolo Toure's brother Yaya and West Brom's Curtis Davies. (Daily Star Sunday)

asajoseph

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Arsenal are interested in Dutch striker Dirk Kuyt, Kolo Toure's brother Yaya and West Brom's Curtis Davies. (Daily Star Sunday)

They're not even trying any more - the Daily Star used to be so inventive...

Jameel46

Established Member
i was less than impressed with Kuyt at the world cup, no flair, no presence but is there for the tap-ins (just like van nistelrooy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom