• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Domagoj Vida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eduardo_da_Silva

Vida might have the worst haircut ever, but was pretty decent in the world cup.
Wouldn't mind him, probably straight away our best option, which to be honest, is not a hard thing to do

He looks as if he belongs to Sarumans army, but he has a lot to offer. His career never got to where I expected it to go but nobody was that surprised he played such a wc. He is a good player. Not perfect but perfect would cost round 100 million these days.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
been watching Vida ever since he started playing pro footbsll. good physics and aggression, terrible footballer and a complete idiot. Wenger wouldnt get him if he played for free and his price tag was him giving us 25 mil.

but ever since Boss left my mindset changed and I am expecting everything. around same time I lost my regular easy sleep, not coincidence

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I would prefer a CB with PL experience. Shocking to miss out on Evans at 3 ****ing million.

With a couple of days left guess a Christensen, Zouma, Rojo, Smalling could become available with their clubs rumored transfer plans.

We have a starting goal keeper, center back & defensive midfielder brand new to the league already.

Axel9090

Holding and Mavropanos arent good enough to be the main back ups. If we get Vida, fine, but I thought we need to sell Mustafi to do that, so then we're back at square one.

Screw playing Lichtsteiner or Monreal in CB, we had enough of this stuff under Wenger.

Yet again, we've left ourselves in a right mess with 4 days to go. Much better window than last season, but still things are being left late.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Vida-Sokratis would be a fun partnership to watch. No idea if it'd be successful, but it'd be fun.

As for Chambers, I really don't understand that. To my eyes Holding is screaming out for a loan. I was even thinking Fulham would be an ideal place for him. He's not gonna improve by sitting on our bench for another year playing once every few weeks.

If we bring someone in and we're ok for numbers then sure give Chambers a loan, if it's productive, but give Holding one too.

LG10

If we sign a top left sided cb then loaning chambers would be a good move. Vida is not a top cb.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If we sign a top left sided cb then loaning chambers would be a good move. Vida is not a top cb.
john-terry-arsenal_bta37fkwcqs61jmttiw64rjwh.jpg

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not only that. He is 29 coming to England and he doesn't grave superior physical traits. I'd rather buy a 19 year old physical beast that can develop and recover situations than another slow CB.

We have missed out on every single young French centre back who fits that mould. Drop some money on a quality prospect with physical traits. How can you play a high line and a pressing game without a trump card for if your defence gets breached.

We need someone who can eat up the grass. Koscielny stood out because he was fast ffs.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Not only that. He is 29 coming to England and he doesn't grave superior physical traits. I'd rather buy a 19 year old physical beast that can develop and recover situations than another slow CB.

We have missed out on every single young French centre back who fits that mould. Drop some money on a quality prospect with physical traits. How can you play a high line and a pressing game without a trump card for if your defence gets breached.

We need someone who can eat up the grass. Koscielny stood out because he was fast ffs.

We really don't need another prospect at CB though. We need someone who's going to come in and start a long side Papa and we can't afford the top bracket.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We really don't need another prospect at CB though. We need someone who's going to come in and start a long side Papa and we can't afford the top bracket.

My point is that it doesn't matter if he is 19. It's not about whether he is a prospect or not. Diallo, Upamencano, Kimpembe, Sarr, zagadou, are all talents we have missed out on. Sevilla have just replaced Lenglet with Gnagon.

What are we doing? We are not identifying the right profile of centre back. Young players make mistakes but if you have superior physical abilities you can make up for it. We have old experienced centre backs who make mistakes and are ****ed once they do so.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We need a senior CB who can play on the left side. What's the point in adding another youngster which would kill the progress of Holding and Mavro?

You can't ask for a young, physical beast and then just look past Mavropanos who is literally just that. If Mavro was at Dortmund or Leipzig you'd all be adding him to the list of players we should've got instead of Vida :lol:

I don't think Vida is the BEST option but he also isn't the worst, if he can add solidarity to the left side of our defence then brilliant.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We need a senior CB who can play on the left side. What's the point in adding another youngster which would kill the progress of Holding and Mavro?

You can't ask for a young, physical beast and then just look past Mavropanos who is literally just that. If Mavro was at Dortmund or Leipzig you'd all be adding him to the list of players we should've got instead of Vida :lol:

I don't think Vida is the BEST option but he also isn't the worst, if he can add solidarity to the left side of our defence then brilliant.

Agree, we're struggling to juggle our young CBs as it is, we hardly need more. Also, for years we've moaned and been criticised by the media for being soft as f*ck. Well say what you want about Vida, Sokratis, Lichststeiner, Xhaka or Torreira, but they are not soft.

Main worry would be if those CBs can pass well enough, seeing as Emery puts a lot of emphasis on passing from the GK to the CBs under pressure. But as for the business of actual defending, they'd probably be pretty good. They're both proper defenders. Isn't that what fans have been crying out for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom