• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominik Szoboszlai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I'd take him. I like his physique and goal threat.

My concerns are though, wouldn't we need more or a creator/assist machine? Seems a bit young for Arteta as well.

Also, surely he has his pick of clubs? I question how realistic it is to bring him here.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

No, I said he doesn't have to be an elite dribbler. I don't count guys like Maddison & Fernandes as elite dribblers, but they certainly are very creative.

This guy can still dribble to a decent level, he ran half the pitch & scored from outside the area in the last minute to score last night to send his country into another major finals.
He is slower than those guys and quite a bit taller which makes it harder to play in small spaces. He would struggle in the pl. he seem to have xhaka level of pace. I hate slow players

Goonger

Huawei
He is slower than those guys and quite a bit taller which makes it harder to play in small spaces. He would struggle in the pl. he seem to have xhaka level of pace. I hate slow players

Wow, can't believe I'm still seeing folk saying he has Xhaka levels of pace. So lazy analysis. Would Xhaka be able to do this in the 92nd minute & drag his country to a major finals?

Watch him, 1 of his main attributes is close control & dribbling. That isn't seen as a plus if you are unable to actually get past a player & do anything with it.

I know you like Nkunku, I like him as well. But if Nkunku is being quoted at £40M, this guy has a release clause at half the price, so therefore would be much easier to do in January. Perhaps both would be good long term.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Huawei

Wow, can't believe I'm still seeing folk saying he has Xhaka levels of pace. So lazy analysis. Would Xhaka be able to do this in the 92nd minute & drag his country to a major finals?

Watch him, 1 of his main attributes is close control & dribbling. That isn't seen as a plus if you are unable to actually get past a player & do anything with it.

I know you like Nkunku, I like him as well. But if Nkunku is being quoted at £40M, this guy has a release clause at half the price, so therefore would be much easier to do in January. Perhaps both would be good long term.

His main attribute is clearly shooting. He isn't super secure in possession. He will make poor decisions and lose it in his own half.

However dribbling is not a stand out ability of his. He can create space for a shot, but he wont be posting high dribbling stats in England. We faced the second best team in Austria. Nelson went past the like they were not there. The same Nelson who plays in our under 23s more often than not these days. Szoboslai has character, but that goal was vs Israel ffs. Yes he has scored in the Champions league, but he doesn't actually dribble much at all.

He would need a lot of developing and to be honest it's more centred around how we could use him. He is always on the left, but if we could somehow convert him into a De Bruyne like player on the right, he could whip in crosses all day and rely more in that than dribbling. I feel he can carry the ball quite well though.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
His main attribute is clearly shooting. He isn't super secure in possession. He will make poor decisions and lose it in his own half.

However dribbling is not a stand out ability of his. He can create space for a shot, but he wont be posting high dribbling stats in England. We faced the second best team in Austria. Nelson went past the like they were not there. The same Nelson who plays in our under 23s more often than not these days. Szoboslai has character, but that goal was vs Israel ffs. Yes he has scored in the Champions league, but he doesn't actually dribble much at all.

He would need a lot of developing and to be honest it's more centred around how we could use him. He is always on the left, but if we could somehow convert him into a De Bruyne like player on the right, he could whip in crosses all day and rely more in that than dribbling. I feel he can carry the ball quite well though.

I've not seen any evidence (in my limited watching) of him having anything near the elite level passing ability De Bruyne has. Happy to be shown to be wrong though. Not really watched him

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Huawei

buying the cheaper lesser player has never worked out for us. We could afford either of them. If you think nkunku is better, but think because this guy is half the price its better deal then it makes no sense. I just think nkunku seems clearly better and more proven. He also has more of the attributes we need

Goonger

buying the cheaper lesser player has never worked out for us. We could afford either of them. If you think nkunku is better, but think because this guy is half the price its better deal then it makes no sense. I just think nkunku seems clearly better and more proven. He also has more of the attributes we need

We'll just have to disagree then. Watch Sp**s buy Sabitzer, Leipzig signing this guy as his replacement & then him becoming a star in the Bundesliga & he'll be out of our reach. Ironically playing alongside Nkunku as we won't be able to afford him either.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We'll just have to disagree then. Watch Sp**s buy Sabitzer, Leipzig signing this guy as his replacement & then him becoming a star in the Bundesliga & he'll be out of our reach. Ironically playing alongside Nkunku as we won't be able to afford him either.
Being star in bundesliga doesn’t mean you would be star in the pl. they are different leagues. German football is a lot more open and less physical. Pace is much more important here. I just don’t see him do better than someone like sigurdson who is a good player. Just not the type of creativite midfielder we need

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Being star in bundesliga doesn’t mean you would be star in the pl. they are different leagues. German football is a lot more open and less physical. Pace is much more important here. I just don’t see him do better than someone like sigurdson who is a good player. Just not the type of creativite midfielder we need

A creative midfielder doesn't just come into our squad and instantly make us a creative team. It becomes a single point of failure. If you then mark tha player out of the game what happens t our individual creativity?

The problem is currently we have a system that restricts our most creative players and prevents them from moving into spaces where they can effect the game.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
A creative midfielder doesn't just come into our squad and instantly make us a creative team. It becomes a single point of failure. If you then mark tha player out of the game what happens t our individual creativity?

The problem is currently we have a system that restricts our most creative players and prevents them from moving into spaces where they can effect the game.

No, no, no, no, no.

@The_Playmaker

Signing a creative midfielder fixes a lot of problems. All our creativity is currently out wide, you put a creative midfielder between the lines in midfield and suddenly when teams squeeze us inside we'll have someone who can break teams down through the middle.

Not only does that help us get through low block centrally but it'll in turn free up those wider creative players (Pepe, Saka, Willian, Tierney and Bellerin) and give them more space, time and opportunities to break teams down.

Its the exact same thing that happened to United. They just had Rashford/Martial and Greenwood in wide areas but only Lingard and co to try and play creatively in central areas. Suddenly they sign Bruno and they start scoring more, creating more and Rash/Martial/Greenwood get way more space because teams are more worried about Bruno.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No, no, no, no, no.

@The_Playmaker

Signing a creative midfielder fixes a lot of problems. All our creativity is currently out wide, you put a creative midfielder between the lines in midfield and suddenly when teams squeeze us inside we'll have someone who can break teams down through the middle.

Not only does that help us get through low block centrally but it'll in turn free up those wider creative players (Pepe, Saka, Willian, Tierney and Bellerin) and give them more space, time and opportunities to break teams down.

Its the exact same thing that happened to United. They just had Rashford/Martial and Greenwood in wide areas but only Lingard and co to try and play creatively in central areas. Suddenly they sign Bruno and they start scoring more, creating more and Rash/Martial/Greenwood get way more space because teams are more worried about Bruno.

You are comparing Solksjaer to Arteta. Arteta has pirnciples and he clearly has a defined system that he is trying to implement.

One creative player does not change anything. We have players who take up positions between the lines. The problem is that we ignore the central space and build up down the sides. It is a choice. Not something that happens because we do not have more creative players. Saka, Willian and Pepe are all players who can take up positions between the lines.

The problem is players are not playing the passes they see between the lines and instead revert back until a planned rehearsed pattern materialises. Tierney has so many opportunities to play the ball inside to Saka, but he just doesn't do it. The same goes for Bellerin.

We do not want to lose the ball in central areas due to the fear of transition. We had one of the worlds best number 10 and he was given the freedom to be in the right half space only.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I've not seen any evidence (in my limited watching) of him having anything near the elite level passing ability De Bruyne has. Happy to be shown to be wrong though. Not really watched him

His ball striking is of KDB level if not higher if I am honest. He has the ability to play long passes with whip and pace which is what KDB does.

He has a release clause that allows payments for instalments. It makes sense to get both him and Aouar.

Aouar = Silva
Szobloszlai = KDB in lose terms.

--------------Auba-----------Pepe

Saka--------Aouar-----Szoboszlai-------Bellerin

---------------------Partey

---------Tierney---Gabriel----Saliba

----------------------Leno

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
His ball striking is of KDB level if not higher if I am honest. He has the ability to play long passes with whip and pace which is what KDB does.

He has a release clause that allows payments for instalments. It makes sense to get both him and Aouar.

Aouar = Silva

I love that, hope Arteta is brave. How he started here shows he doesn't want to be playing this way.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

Aouar = Silva

That’s a really good team you have there. I have two gripes though. 1) Szoboszlai and Aouar are both clearly left-sided players. I think we probably need a right-sided midfielder like a Bernardo Silva or Özil. Maybe this projection on my part but I do like Willock. I know he’s not for everyone and he’s not better than Aouar, he links up well on the right and he’s one of the few midfielders we have that makes penetrating runs.
Szoboszlai-Partey-Willock. I think Partey could be the deep-lying playmaker, Szoboszlai the KdB and Willock the runner off the ball. All over 6ft tall, physical, strong, good at pressing.
2) I would like to see Tierney push up. I think he’s our best crosser of the ball. I know Bellerin is currently our best ‘assister’ but I would have AMN in the side and have him tuck in alongside Partey in midfield, while Tierney pushes up behind Saka. Have a box 4 of Partey, AMN, Gabriel and Saliba to protect the goal. Do you think that could work?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That’s a really good team you have there. I have two gripes though. 1) Szoboszlai and Aouar are both clearly left-sided players. I think we probably need a right-sided midfielder like a Bernardo Silva or Özil. Maybe this projection on my part but I do like Willock. I know he’s not for everyone and he’s not better than Aouar, he links up well on the right and he’s one of the few midfielders we have that makes penetrating runs.
Szoboszlai-Partey-Willock. I think Partey could be the deep-lying playmaker, Szoboszlai the KdB and Willock the runner off the ball. All over 6ft tall, physical, strong, good at pressing.
2) I would like to see Tierney push up. I think he’s our best crosser of the ball. I know Bellerin is currently our best ‘assister’ but I would have AMN in the side and have him tuck in alongside Partey in midfield, while Tierney pushes up behind Saka. Have a box 4 of Partey, AMN, Gabriel and Saliba to protect the goal. Do you think that could work?

To your point about Aouar and Szoboszlai being left sided. I agree that Aouar has pretty much always played on the left. Szoboszlai has been deployed on the right though and has scored three in the Champions League. His ball striking is so good, that it doesn't really matter where he shoots from.

As much as I like Willock I do think he is quite ready yet and should probably be the third man option to bring on. Aouar is needed for his ball retention and ability to progress the ball from the middle third to the final third.

To your point about the box four. I completely agree. However, it would only work if there is someone to hug the right touchline. I don't want Pepe out there. So it would have to be a 4 4 2. I don't see Arteta moving to that.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You are comparing Solksjaer to Arteta. Arteta has pirnciples and he clearly has a defined system that he is trying to implement.

One creative player does not change anything. We have players who take up positions between the lines. The problem is that we ignore the central space and build up down the sides. It is a choice. Not something that happens because we do not have more creative players. Saka, Willian and Pepe are all players who can take up positions between the lines.

The problem is players are not playing the passes they see between the lines and instead revert back until a planned rehearsed pattern materialises. Tierney has so many opportunities to play the ball inside to Saka, but he just doesn't do it. The same goes for Bellerin.

We do not want to lose the ball in central areas due to the fear of transition. We had one of the worlds best number 10 and he was given the freedom to be in the right half space only.

But its the same thing going forward? United were forced to play it wide due to having no central playmaker. We are forced to play wide because we have no central playmakers. It doesn't take a genius to see that. Tierney has no right foot so doesnt cut in. Bellerin has no left foot so doesn't cut in. Auba can't create anything, doesn't have an eye for a pass. Laca is useless, Pepe isn't a creator he's a goalscoring winger. Willian is the most playmaker type player we have, but there's clearly a reason why Chelsea didn't like him in the 10.

Even ESR is just a Ramsey regen. We have no central playmakers. Its very important.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

I mean, for that price you just trigger the clause. Doubt his value tanks below that.

We're moving Guendo on 100%, Dani's loan will be over in 6 months, Xhaka might leave, not to mentioned question marks over the futures of Willock and El Neny.

There's space for him right now, let alone in 6 months time.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Don't think he's even that good tbh. Hope we sign him so I can start an agenda.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I mean, for that price you just trigger the clause. Doubt his value tanks below that.

We're moving Guendo on 100%, Dani's loan will be over in 6 months, Xhaka might leave, not to mentioned question marks over the futures of Willock and El Neny.

There's space for him right now, let alone in 6 months time.

perfect deal for the club if they want it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom