• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Douglas Luiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
We need both, if Elneny and Jorginho are leaving in the summer.

Rice, TP5, Fofana/Zubimendi, Luiz and Timber at six, with Luiz being able to play as an 8 too, is elite depth.

I've forgotten about Zubimendi, if Arteta can't pull him even with Basque connections... then I give up... he'll probably go to Barcelona to be the heir to Busquets.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
I've forgotten about Zubimendi, if Arteta can't pull him even with Basque connections... then I give up... he'll probably go to Barcelona to be the heir to Busquets.
Zubimendi has a release clause (60m) he can activate this . But he wanted to stay one more season. Do you think Barcelona can activate his release clause?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Barca are broke and under investigation. No way in hell they can find 60m to pay up front for a release clause in their present state.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

Rice, TP5, Fofana/Zubimendi, Luiz and Timber at six, with Luiz being able to play as an 8 too, is elite depth.

Luiz is an 8 who can cover as 6. But he's the heart of everything in Villa's midfield and their best player. He'd come and make the left 8 role his own.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

If I were a Kroenke, I'd expect Tets to deliver some silverware by the season's end to justify the continuity of spending massive amounts of our money since he's been at the helm.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If I were a Kroenke, I'd expect Tets to deliver some silverware by the season's end to justify the continuity of spending massive amounts of our money since he's been at the helm.
That's not really how Stan operates. Once he believes in a manager and group of players, he backs them. He backed the Rams and Nuggets significantly when it was clear they were knocking on the door of winning championships, even in years where it seemed it went backwards a bit and they both were eventually successful with those core players and coaching staffs.

You have to remember that in the NFL, NBA (up this year's addition of a cup) and NHL, there's only 1 playoff based championship so it's impossible to really expect any team in those leagues to win something every year. As long as it looks like we're moving forward and we're in the CL making money, I think they'll keep backing him, particularly if the fans are onside even without silverware this season. It's just a different mindset when you're more accustomed to the American style of competition. I think they're much more in tune with the idea of a process that culminates in you competing all the time and winning sometimes. They probably even put stock in something like the @Riou Community Shield.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

it seems edu is pushing for another Brazilian. Not worth the money he would cost

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is a very Arteta/Edu signing. Think going for PL proven players on the whole is the correct strategy, but it’s not like DL would be a starter here.

Think we can afford to go for a player with a lower floor but higher ceiling as the “3rd” CM.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
In hindsight Luiz would have been a very good signing for 20-25M when we were last linked. Wih a long contract, him playing very well and Villa on the way up, it would probably take at least 45M to get him now. Not worth it imo

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

In hindsight Luiz would have been a very good signing for 20-25M when we were last linked. Wih a long contract, him playing very well and Villa on the way up, it would probably take at least 45M to get him now. Not worth it imo
Why would villa sell him even for 45 million? He is a starter with long term contract

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

Yes he would start and absolutely ball it here. How much he'd cost probably depends on if he asked for a release clause in his contract. If he doesn't have that it's probably £60m and up IMO

Pity we didn't go bigger before he renewed because he's gone up a level or 2 since then.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

In my opinion we will need a more marquee player soon. Especially if TP5 leaves. Fofana and Luiz wouldn’t be so impressive in terms of improving our first team.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
This would be stupid now.

We could've done this early last summer when Douglas was in his last year of the contract and Gerrard was their coach. We tried to swoop in the last day of the window when Partey broke which would take an insane offer, but if we laid the groundwork on time he'd be here.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Pity we didn't go bigger before he renewed because he's gone up a level or 2 since then.
Tbf I think we made a real good offer at the time of around 30m when he only had 12 months left.
Villa wouldn't sell.

Many of the 'wise heads' 😅 on AM were slating him at the time & saying he wasn't good enough.

Now he would likely be at least double that.
Maybe a deal for KT or ESR could make it viable?

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
More like a replacement not a very good one thou.

Luiz, is better technically, much better passer, much better defensively and goal scoring threat unlike Partey. Massive upgrade on Partey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom