• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Douglas Luiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

em9999

My rainbows
So many better midfielders we can get rather than someone just because he played for man ****ty

Pablo Mari

This leave a bad taste in my mouth absolutely being mugged off

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He’s a good player tbh. Lucky that City didn’t get a resale or first refusal clause in there.

tcahill

Villa fans rate him. 30 mill isn't bad for an internal PL transfer, especially when he's only 23.

Would be very happy with this.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I have a Villa mate who is telling me Arsenal are pushing for Luiz, he has sources.

I totally didn’t believe this story till about 45 minutes ago.
It all depends if Villa convince him to sign a new contract. Which I doubt, because the contract is only 1,5 years long now. The player has let it go so far.

35 million pounds is pretty much for someone with 1,5 years in contract, who is not a top player. Next summer he would cost less than 20 I think.

Tom349

Being a Kia client this could easily be BS, in saying that he was at City when Arteta was there so they could have worked together.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Being a Kia client this could easily be BS, in saying that he was at City when Arteta was there so they could have worked together.
He is a Kia client negotiation a new contract. He does use his mate Edus club whenever he wants more money for his clients

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Anyone got one of those graphs that compare Luiz, Bissouma and Nevez. All similar age. All similar position. All playing for similar level clubs. All similar priced around the 30-40m level.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Without knowing much about him this feels like a tidy but unexceptional transfer. Not sure how much it’ll take us forward.

Partey, Lokonga, Luiz, Neves(?) Is that an elite set of options?

zilfy

I’ve watched every every Arsenal and Aston villa game this year ( I but a bet down at the start of the season for villa to make top ten), so I though i would offer my insights:

- Dougie defensively sound with a good passing range. Doesn’t carry the ball forward all that much, not the fastest but has good dribbling skills.

- he has been playing as a 6 for villa but most villa fans think he is actually an 8 played out of position. He has played 8 a few times and been much more impressive. The fact he can play both positions will be very useful as he can cover for both Xhaka and Partey this season( well he’s much better than Xhaka but I know Mikel has a hard-on for Granit)

- he is Xhakaesque in the sense that he doesn’t seem to do anything unspectacular when on the pitch but the team plays noticeably worse without him. He is far less error prone than Xhaka though.

I think he would be great as a squad option. I’m fine with 30 mil as he will have resale value. When he plays it’s easy to forget he’s only 23 as he plays with a maturity and reliability that is impressive.

I hope we bring him into compete with tielemans and partey next season😉

Jakarta

Villa would never entertain the idea of selling him to us if his contract wasn't running out in 18 months.

He's a very good player. More mobile and agile than Xhaka, plus a tackler with decent technique/passing.

Whats there not to like? Opportunity signing imo...altho I would prefer Neves to complement Partey.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Villa would never entertain the idea of selling him to us if his contract wasn't running out in 18 months.

He's a very good player. More mobile and agile than Xhaka, plus a tackler with decent technique/passing.

Whats there not to like? Opportunity signing imo...altho I would prefer Neves to complement Partey.
Xhaka is much better passer though. The Swiss clown is actually underrated. Luiz is a solid squad player. Not someone pushing us forward

Jakarta

Xhaka is much better passer though. The Swiss clown is actually underrated. Luiz is a solid squad player. Not someone pushing us forward

I think he's a very solid player with upside and available for the right price. But no doubt, we would need to sign a DLP to help us control games.

Our central midfield needs more than just one signing. If Xhaka leaves in the summer we are just left with Partey? It would be wise to sign Luiz now and then a DLP like Neves or whoever else in that ilk in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results
Top Bottom