• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dušan Vlahović

Which club will Vlahovic end up at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This thread isn't even marked as a "rumour" anymore, time to lock.

seanb85

Would be disappointment if we can't get this guy, do think he's a future elite CF. You can understand why he wants to wait it out though.

Isak is a decent alternative but I'm worried about his goal record; especially as our attacking midfielders/wingers aren't massive goalscorers.

Nope, I don't understand why he'd want to wait it out at all...

If he watched our game yesterday against Burnley surely he'd be thinking he could easily have bagged a couple goals based on what he can bring to the table. We'd create chances for him for fun. If he cant see that, then **** him

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Nope, I don't understand why he'd want to wait it out at all...

If he watched our game yesterday against Burnley surely he'd be thinking he could easily have bagged a couple goals based on what he can bring to the table. We'd create chances for him for fun. If he cant see that, then **** him

Yeah, I mean I hope this is what he's thinking, but I think that's a really optimistic outlook. Reality is he's the hottest young striker in Europe not called Haaland, and will have clubs lining up in the summer to get him. We aren't even in Europe and its unclear whether we will be next season.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That Ornstien article provided nothing new re Vlahovic, which suggests he doesn't really know what's happening either. The club themselves have said they don't know what the agent and player are doing. Fingers crossed we put a massive financial offer together and can convince this guy to come.

Fabregasm

That Ornstien article provided nothing new re Vlahovic, which suggests he doesn't really know what's happening either. The club themselves have said they don't know what the agent and player are doing. Fingers crossed we put a massive financial offer together and can convince this guy to come.

He is gonna get at least 400k per week at Juventus in 1.5 years time with massive signing on fee (Ramsey's salary he was free transfer)

What can we offer him? at most on par with Auba at 250k and uncertainty of playing in Europe. (same as Juve i know but they have more quality squad than us)

Not even factoring the account he was already keen on joining Juve all this while.
It's pretty much no brainer decision for him if you ask me. Better be off locking this depressing thread

DennisTheLegend

Why can’t we try Pepe left wing with Martinelli in the middle. Pepe has been smashing it at the Afcon and we are still paying instalments on him - we have to at least try to integrate our record signing. Also, Martinelli down the middle would suit him better, vs Burnley he’s stuck out on the left wing.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Why can’t we try Pepe left wing with Martinelli in the middle. Pepe has been smashing it at the Afcon and we are still paying instalments on him - we have to at least try to integrate our record signing. Also, Martinelli down the middle would suit him better, vs Burnley he’s stuck out on the left wing.

Why thought? Martinelli looks **** hot from the left. We need a proper CF.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I've been thinking this as well. He's said that he likes the wing though but surely that has to be relating to more of a inside forward role than stuck out on the line.

We'd be well off with a proper CF but I think Martinelli can play a role there. He has the technique to both link play and dribble. He's greedy as well and wants goals. Also, take yesterday. Martinelli probably has 2 meters on Laca in the run where he "finished" ESR's solo raid and cut back pass, where as Laca was too slow to get on the ball in a meaningful way.

I'd really like to at least see us try an attacking four consisting of Saka, Ödegaard, ESR and Martinelli.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Lennon with a pretty little tummy there.
The people turning their noses up at Isak will be complaining that we didn't sign him when we had the opportunity a few years down the line. :lol:
Surely, you are not advocating that we should spend €90m on him?

Bloodbather

Established Member

I'd really like to at least see us try an attacking four consisting of Saka, Ödegaard, ESR and Martinelli.
Just not enough goal threat in that four, even when you take into account the improvement of ESR on that front. All of them get their goals with smart movement off the ball. You need someone who can create spaces for them with his goal threat in the middle.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Just not enough goal threat in that four, even when you take into account the improvement of ESR on that front. All of them get their goals with smart movement off the ball. You need someone who can create spaces for them with his goal threat in the middle.
No I agree with that, at least not at this moment in time, hence the comment that we'd be well off with a proper CF. I would actually arhue that we should be looking to take on a winger/am that at least competes or even plays over the likes of Martinelli, Saka and ESR to push them further in their development. But it's a fine balance to strike between that and consistent playing time.

Bloodbather

Established Member

No I agree with that, at least not at this moment in time, hence the comment that we'd be well off with a proper CF. I would actually arhue that we should be looking to take on a winger/am that at least competes or even plays over the likes of Martinelli, Saka and ESR to push them further in their development. But it's a fine balance to strike between that and consistent playing time.
Amine Gouiri, eh?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah I've been thinking this as well. He's said that he likes the wing though but surely that has to be relating to more of a inside forward role than stuck out on the line.

We'd be well off with a proper CF but I think Martinelli can play a role there. He has the technique to both link play and dribble. He's greedy as well and wants goals. Also, take yesterday. Martinelli probably has 2 meters on Laca in the run where he "finished" ESR's solo raid and cut back pass, where as Laca was too slow to get on the ball in a meaningful way.

Not only would that front struggle to score goals. The two dm would get all the blame for their struggles

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Amine Gouiri, eh?
Maybe, maybe not. I still don't think it's as easy as "get someone who scores in another setup and they will score in our setup. There's no proof they would create as much as they are now with someone like Vlahovic, depending on how his contriubutions to overall play is...

In the end we actually don't know how any of the viable/availbale options would work/fit and contribute to the overall chance creation and goal performance of the team.

What I do think is that anyone of Vlahovic, Gouiri, David, Isak would help improve us to some extent

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's worth noting that Tammy Abraham has 2 less goals than Vlahovic if you exclude the latter's 5 penalty goals this season.

Lukaku has 7 goals from 23 games for Chelsea after getting 28 goals in 41 for Inter while Ronaldo scored 60 league goals out of his last 66 league games for Juve compared to his current league tally of 8 for United. I'm not making any points in particular other than the fact that there is an argument to be made that Vlahovic might not be as sure of a bet to be worth the money being quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom