• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Indeed, however one could argue that it takes a certain level of movement, reading of the game/ anticipation to be there for the tap ins....
His movement is great, no question. Great movement can be the difference between getting a 50/50 chance and having a tap in.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
His movement is great, no question. Great movement can be the difference between getting a 50/50 chance and having a tap in.

He's got that Auba quality about him...no matter how badly he is playing, you would still back him to get a goal in a game.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I know what Bielsa means, Bamford is way way more creative than Nketiah, he brings much more to the team despite not scoring. Bielsa likes strikers that can help others.
That's all well and good but at the end of the day it's always Eddie who has to come on and save their asses.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Bielsa must have forgot to log onto A-M so he can be told how to do his job.
That's funny cause if it wasn't for Eddie, Leeds would have 7 points less right about now. We didn't send him there to sit on the bench every game. Biesla has his prerogative, we have ours. It's not charity on our behalf

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

That's funny cause if it wasn't for Eddie, Leeds would have 7 points less right about now. We didn't send him there to sit on the bench every game. Biesla has his prerogative, we have ours. It's not charity on our behalf

Well then it's up to us to cancel his loan or whatever, Bielsa is under no obligation to start Eddie just for our benefit if he doesn't feel that it's best for his team. It works both ways we're under no obligation to keep him on loan there if he's no being played enough but Leeds are under no obligation to start him just so they can develop him for our benefit.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Well then it's up to us to cancel his loan or whatever, Bielsa is under no obligation to start Eddie just for our benefit if he doesn't feel that it's best for his team. It works both ways we're under no obligation to keep him on loan there if he's no being played enough but Leeds are under no obligation to start him just so they can develop him for our benefit.
Well then it's up to us to cancel his loan or whatever
That is what I said

Bielsa is under no obligation to start Eddie just for our benefit if he doesn't feel that it's best for his team
Never said he was.

And don't forget we made our point very clearly before we sent him there

https://sportslens.com/angus-kinnear-comments-on-leeds-united-striker-eddie-nketiah/276283/

Kinnear said to fan podcast Talking Shutt: “When we spoke to Arsenal about him we asked them, is this a player you want us to develop so you can sell him? They said no, this is a player we want you to develop so he can come back and play first team football for Arsenal and that’s where Marcelo and his coaching staff give us a competitive advantage versus some of the clubs he could have joined. I don’t think there’s a safer pair of hands to entrust him to than Marcelo.

“Victor went to the Arsenal training ground for the meeting and he was in a queue. It was competitive but we back ourselves in those types of situations because, I think we were an unknown entity last year and when we lost out on someone like Harvey Barnes I think we knew we wouldn’t lose out on that type of player again because we could put a more compelling case together about why Leeds United is the best place for them to be.”

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
This is a good experience for Eddie, we shouldn't cancel this loan.. Let him fight for his chances and learn from Bielsa. If he can concvince Bielsa and become a starter as the season goes on that would be a great sign.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is a good experience for Eddie, we shouldn't cancel this loan.. Let him fight for his chances and learn from Bielsa. If he can concvince Bielsa and become a starter as the season goes on that would be a great sign.

Exactly, what's wrong with encouraging someone to keep fighting for their place? It'll show great character if Eddie doesn't get frustrated and eventually does break into the team. It's a big problem with a lot of young players these days, they feel a sense of entitlement and start crying when they don't get their way. Thankfully Eddie hasn't thrown his toys out of the pram and seems eager to take his chances even if they're just off the bench. I think our fanbase seem more concerned than he actually is. I'm sure we'll assess the situation in January but it's still October and a lot can happen between now and then.

I'm just glad Nketiah is learning from Bielsa not Emery. Look at the difference between Nketiah and Lacazette. Former on upwards trajectory, the latter getting more and more pointless for his team.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
On now for Bamford. If he gets them 3 points today, he'll be starting future games...

Mraven

This is the Nelson situation all over again. They are both extremely dangerous when given the chance, but they struggle with the basics. Even if Eddie would win them 3 points today he won’t be a starter yet. But it’s an important lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom