<

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Aug 18, 2020.

1. balthazar

balthazar Well-Known Member

So basically Nketiah will be the next Alan Shearer or the next Francis Jeffers, what's it gonna be?

2. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

So I’ve been watching a bit more of his play and I have to revise my perspective on him. He actually has more potential than I originally gave him credit for. He is quick over short distances and has excellent movements for his age. His finishing can be very calm at times. That being said he hasn’t impressed me in first team games. I think he’s probably just trying too hard to impress and that could explain some of his snatched shots.

He needs to work on his link up play. His passing isn’t very good and he’s heavily reliant on others to make chances for him but if he keeps working to improve his deficiencies and listens to his coaches he can go very far.

That being said I still think Balogun is a bigger talent. However football is about who makes the most of the opportunities available to them and right now he’s on the cusps of the first team and should grab the chance by the neck.

He will need to add at least 12 goals per season with to show us that there is substance behind that potential.

oh to be a goon likes this.
  3. 9jagooner

9jagooner Well-Known Member

NBC just showed a mini bust-up between Ceballos and Nketiah during warm up before the game. Does anyone have the video

4. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

Eddie should have switched faster there, not quite sure wtf Ceballos is on.

Pop Tart and Riou like this.
  5. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

6. GDeep™

GDeep™ Doesn't Consider Wenger a Legend

Bit of a lazy way of putting it, especially when he’s played well for Arsenal.

7. GDeep™

Is this a West African thing? Black magic? Doesn’t seem to be as big a thing in East Africa.

8. GDeep™

Found it funny the other day, the commentator asked about Laca and Arteta started talking about Eddie.

9. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

Commentators are allowed to coaches questions? :lol:

10. American_Gooner

Couldn't tell you tbh.

11. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

That is partly a striker for you, but then he really needs to put away the chances once he gets them if he is going to just that. I am not that convinced about him, but them again I wasn't high on Saka when he came in so should probably wait to pass judgement.

12. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

I understand and agree with your statement. However the distinction I wanted to make with my comment is that you have players like Henry or Bergkamp who could do something special on their own. They could beat 3 players and score. They don’t need teammates to make a perfect pass. Even lacazette sometimes gets the ball in unfavorable positions but he makes space and lashes in goals from ridiculously difficult angles. That is a special ability that I don’t see from Eddie. He’s a finisher and most of his goals are close range tap in or finishes. Meaning he’s invariably a system player depending on the work of wingers or midfielders. Where he thrived is that he excels at identifying space and using it to his advantage.

If we are in a game with a low block or he’s being man marked and we don’t get many passes into the opponents box or final third with Eddie we are likely to suffer. Not so much with someone like Henry, Sanchez, RVP, Adebayor, and I suspect Martinelli in the future.

13. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

My man doing what he does best.

14. Taneruit

Taneruit Well-Known Member

There when he was needed.

That it was Ceballos and Nketiah combining makes it even better.

Camron likes this.
  15. AberGooner

AberGooner Well-Known Member

Clever striker's play for his goal. Improving all the time for me.

16. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Thank you Eddie!!!

17. amigo

amigo Member

Something tells me we will see a LOT more from Eddie this season.

18. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

Can't really ask much more from him as a sub. Just need him to start doing this consistently.

19. American_Gooner

Sometimes managers throw on young strikers hoping they can do something but with Eddie you actually feel like he's going to. Won't be long before the media start calling him supersub.

20. Camron

Camron Established Member Trusted

Great poached goal. Lively as well during his sub. Big season ahead for him. Hope he gets a nice run in EL and cups.