• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Pepe can play through the middle at a push so in that sense we could loan Nketiah out. The trouble is if Pepe, Lacazette and Auba all start in the league you’re going to need Nketiah for the Europa League and League cup. I’d keep him until January.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Pepe can play through the middle at a push so in that sense we could loan Nketiah out. The trouble is if Pepe, Lacazette and Auba all start in the league you’re going to need Nketiah for the Europa League and League cup. I’d keep him until January.
Not good enough. He needs regular minutes, ruining the lads career if you don’t loan him now. John-Jules, Martinelli and Balogun have shown enough to be 4th choice.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I don't think we have the numbers up front to let him leave on loan. Assuming we play 4-2-3-1 we have Laca, Auba, Pepe, Özil, Mkhi, Iwobi, Nelson and Nketiah, 6 senior and 2 youngsters fighting for 4 places. I think that is about right.

Our season fell apart during starting with the hectic 8 games in April last season when we didn't have the quality and numbers to rotate without a dip in quality.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I don't think we have the numbers up front to let him leave on loan. Assuming we play 4-2-3-1 we have Laca, Auba, Pepe, Özil, Mkhi, Iwobi, Nelson and Nketiah, 6 senior and 2 youngsters fighting for 4 places. I think that is about right.

Our season fell apart during starting with the hectic 8 games in April last season when we didn't have the quality and numbers to rotate without a dip in quality.

He doesn't need to go on loan. He is our new Welbeck and get plenty of minutes in the EL and cup games. Maybe some sub appearances in the league.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
He needs a full season somewhere. Realistically a starting ST spot not available here for a year or two unless a big sale next week.

Makes no sense to keep all the young attackers as they will be competing for the same minutes off the bench. A third senior striker happy with a squad role & able to lead the line would be perfect... a few out there on frees as well.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
As he can play wide, he'll get plenty of opportunities here. Start him in cup games and he can be super sub for league games.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Some funny posts in here.

Emery had basically all of last season to use him and left him out or on the bench when we needed goals.

and now he is much closer to the team, Freddie here. Had a good pre-season.

We will probably have 50+ games this season. Laca isn't even fit at the moment, one real injury from laca/auba and we are f*cked.

no chance we are letting Nketiah leave on loan.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Difficult to see where he gets minutes with the likes of Iwobi, Özil, Mkhitaryan, Nelson all sitting in the reserves. If we bring in Coutinho as well it further compounds the problem.

Our squad was too big last season and we havent got rid of enough players yet. Weve actually replaced the players that have left and needed replacing but the deadwood is still here.

Weve too many centre backs same for central and wide midfielders.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

and now he is much closer to the team, Freddie here. Had a good pre-season.

We will probably have 50+ games this season. Laca isn't even fit at the moment, one real injury from laca/auba and we are f*cked.

no chance we are letting Nketiah leave on loan.
How is he much closer? Because of pre-season?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Emery was subbing on Guendouzi and Kolasinac ahead of Nketiah last season when we needed goals. :lol:

He’s all talk, thank **** the transfer team are pushing for a loan.

DasBootist

It's fair to assume that Nketiah is a more trusted member of the first team this year, going off pre-season and Ljungberg's promotion.

As a club we generally make bad calls re loan clubs for our players, Nelson being the most recent example. Nketiah should stay and be back-up to our three Musketeers.

Impact

Established Member
It's fair to assume that Nketiah is a more trusted member of the first team this year, going off pre-season and Ljungberg's promotion.

As a club we generally make bad calls re loan clubs for our players, Nelson being the most recent example. Nketiah should stay and be back-up to our three Musketeers.

At the end of the day, Emery picks the team. With Aubameyang and Lacazette in the squad, Nketiah is unlikely to get the amount of minutes he needs at this stage of his development.

Separately, we promoted Ben Knapper to Loan Manager to sort the very issue you have raised.

One Song

Wages and loan fee agreed with Bristol City - just down to Emery to sign it off.

Source - I'm from Bristol and know people close to the club. Also signing a highly rated kid from Monaco.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wages and loan fee agreed with Bristol City - just down to Emery to sign it off.

Source - I'm from Bristol and know people close to the club. Also signing a highly rated kid from Monaco.
Yes highly rated too championship clubs spending money this season. if everything agreed than yeah we letting out going on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom