• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 286,902

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GLITCH

I think Edu has done a reasonable job judging the players he has brought in. White for £50m but no established midfielder was not a great priority but it was driven by Arteta not being willing to play Saliba.

Similarly, the issues at CF have been exacerbated by Arteta. If I was looking at moving on one of them, it'd be Arteta for sure.

Very little business is typically done in the January window, to criticise him for this is ridiculous.
Edu is supposed to hold a higher authority than Arteta. Going into this season with AFCON, midfield should've been an even bigger priority. £50m on White was necessary imo.

GunnerShy

Edu is supposed to hold a higher authority than Arteta. Going into this season with AFCON, midfield should've been an even bigger priority. £50m on White was necessary imo.
Who would have been your CB pairing? Gabriel & Holding?

Whilst I agree and said so, MAs issues with Saliba forced them to get a CB in

GunnerShy

Nah, both of them are at fault here. Not against trimming the squad, but it's been very much gutted in antecipation of a calmer fixture list.

Both of them signed off on this, for better or worse. If you know the January window is mostly pants, you try and make due much quicker than we have.

Either way, cm should be fine numbers wise once Elneny returns, striker is a bigger worry.

It's a shame, because when we saw the decks being cleared I was sure it was due to an imminent arrival to help us push on for top 4. We just need a little nudge in quality to get there and so far have fell short in adressing it.

Less than a week to go.
I find the depth discussion interesting. Because frankly, Lego Pep doesn't rotate his squad anyway. You want depth in midfield? Who is going to come of necessary quality to be backup to Party and Xhaka.

CB the same.

Pepe has sat on the bench most the season with the minutes going to Nketiah (lol). Yes we got rid of Kolasinac, AMN... But they never played anyway.

We bought White, Ramsdale , Tomi, Lokonga, Tavares, Ødegaard into the squad this season.

No doubt we'd be a better team with Saliba for White and a £50m midfielder, but I'm not sure why the fans would be annoyed at Edu. He's added plenty to the squad.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Grass is always greener it seems. Auba doesn't perform for a long time gets finally dropped. Now when he's been dropped he's suddenly our savior. When Guendouzi was here he was deemed not good enough by the fans. Now that he's at Marseille the fans can't believe why we loaned him out.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I find the depth discussion interesting. Because frankly, Lego Pep doesn't rotate his squad anyway. You want depth in midfield? Who is going to come of necessary quality to be backup to Party and Xhaka.

CB the same.

Pepe has sat on the bench most the season with the minutes going to Nketiah (lol). Yes we got rid of Kolasinac, AMN... But they never played anyway.

We bought White, Ramsdale , Tomi, Lokonga, Tavares, Ødegaard into the squad this season.

No doubt we'd be a better team with Saliba for White and a £50m midfielder, but I'm not sure why the fans would be annoyed at Edu. He's added plenty to the squad.
The depth of the squad is the reason we will finish 8th and most likely go on a terrible run of games.

Our first 11 can compete on its day. I still say on its day because we rely on our young players playing well all the time. It has to be a day where our experienced players actually play to their level and if we do, we are competitive shown by Man City.

However, there are is only one position where a player can come out and there isn't a massive drop off and that is Martinelli for ESR. Every other position is backfilled by a player who can come in and literally turn us for a competitive team, to a team who cannot control a game and has a mistake waiting to happen. The drop offs are too big vs the top teams and the problem is if we have multiple players out the drop offs are too big for the bottom teams.

That is a massive issue of depth. There are positions where we can cope with one player being out. Tomi for Chambers or Tierney for Nuno as long as we have our midfield and front line intact with our two cbs, but we know that is not the case.

We know that Partey cam get injured and pull up. We know Xhaka has no discipline.we have 17 games left. It's a guess as to how many those two player will actually play together. CM, CF and CB are the 3 positions where if we lose a player the drop off is literally championship quality. Holding, Elneny and Nketiah.

Its an actual joke. There is no way this squad as it is can compete with covid, injuries and the lack of discipline it has.WE HAVE TO INVEST.

When it comes to investment, it doesn't even need to be ground breaking. We shouldn't be looking to improve the first team. We should be looking to improve the positions that need to be covered because that is what will have us compete and we do not need to spend a **** ton of money to do it.

CF, CM, RB or CB( because Tomi can play CB)

We should be buying cheap players who are better than Elneny, Nketiah and Holding. I am sorry, but that is not a hard thing to do.

Zakaria available for peanuts.
Sangare, wouldn't cost more than 20 mil.

Of Xhaka or Partey go down, they step in and the level doesn't drop significantly.

Cabral at CF. He is miles better than Nketiah.

We are literally trying to go big on a striker when it won't mean **** if we lose our midfield or defensive partnership.

Buy 3 smart signings and go big in the summer .

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Grass is always greener it seems. Auba doesn't perform for a long time gets finally dropped. Now when he's been dropped he's suddenly our savior. When Guendouzi was here he was deemed not good enough by the fans. Now that he's at Marseille the fans can't believe why we loaned him out.
Auba wasn't just dropped, he was complete banished from the squad without any way to get back.
Guendouzi came from Ligue 2, at the age of 19 started 20+ games for a team that finished 5th, produced top performances vs City, Villa, etc. and was sold like some hopeless trash for 9m.
Locogna is 22 and hasn't had one top game for Arsenal for far, and we paid 20m for him.

If Mourinho was doing this kind of crap at any other club you would be laughing at him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Auba is our best striker and only one proven at top level. You brought in fvcking nketiah against Burnley as our first attacking change. You think he is comparable to Auba? The idiot manager decided to remove him and couldn’t even prepare a new striker signing. He had 1 month before window opens

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I don’t rate Guendouzi as highly as others but I’m not stupid enough to throw away talent so cheaply. The replacements for Auba and Guendouzi are not good enough or simply not ready. Nketiah is still getting minutes and I don’t remember the last time he scored against PL opponents. Lokonga is going through a rough patch.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Arsenal transfer windows, always a saga. Hopes and dreams for all but eventually they be be crushed.

I have chosen not to let all the links get in my head and will believe it when it's published on the website. Therefore the dissapointment is so much less.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Auba wasn't just dropped, he was complete banished from the squad without any way to get back.
Guendouzi came from Ligue 2, at the age of 19 started 20+ games for a team that finished 5th, produced top performances vs City, Villa, etc. and was sold like some hopeless trash for 9m.
Locogna is 22 and hasn't had one top game for Arsenal for far, and we paid 20m for him.

If Mourinho was doing this kind of crap at any other club you would be laughing at him.
Auba is our best striker and only one proven at top level. You brought in fvcking nketiah against Burnley as our first attacking change. You think he is comparable to Auba? The idiot manager decided to remove him and couldn’t even prepare a new striker signing. He had 1 month before window opens
If we started playing them you would be complaining how useless they are and why we aren't dropping them again. You're only rating them because they're not currently playing for us. Our fanbase are a fickle bunch and have been since the Wenger era.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I choose to believe that there is a plan and that this Wagyu barbequing, cigar smoking, Invincible, Alpha of a man isn't going to let us walk onto the battlefield carrying a rusty old sword.

Edu, you old campaigner, don't let us down - let's see the links for Darwin Nunez and Bruno G start emerging over the next 24 hours 🙏

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Seriously though, if we don't find a striker we're going to have to change the club logo to a water pistol or something.

Malky

Established Member
I choose to believe that there is a plan and that this Wagyu barbequing, cigar smoking, Invincible, Alpha of a man isn't going to let us walk onto the battlefield carrying a rusty old sword.

Edu, you old campaigner, don't let us down - let's see the links for Darwin Nunez and Bruno G start emerging over the next 24 hours 🙏
I see you've went with the @Hairspray level of optimism.
Just don't hold your breath waiting for those links.

Goonger

Broja would be interesting, still a bit raw but looks a good talent, only 20 but big, strong and powerful and a good finisher. West Ham latest team to be linked, be interesting if Chelsea decide to sell.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

CB the same.

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but my point is I feel both are complicit on this.

I can't see either of them not trying to stop the other if they were unhappy with how the swud planning (rather the trimming of it) has gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Latest posts

Top Bottom