• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 287,464

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Arteta will have no choice but to reintegrate Aubameyang and Pepe. He'll have to swallow his pride, and that's the end of it.

As for a CM, that's where Im worried. I think we should continue to push for Neves, despite the 40m price tag.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So much for all this big transfer targets talk. Yet all we’ve done is reduce the wage bill for the Kroenke’s, hmmm.

SA Gunner

He will never do it.

If they remain here, he'll have no choice but to do so IMO.

Either you let them rot in the background, tanking their value and put your chances of CL at greater risk. Or you kill two birds with one stone, bring them back, make them sellable and increase your chances of top four.

Speculation of course but I think Arteta will fold, you can quote me on that one.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

Arsenal have been told they will have to pay Alexander Isak's €90 million release clause if they want to sign the Real Sociedad striker now.

Sources have told ESPN that Lille's Jonathan David is another player under consideration but the Ligue 1 club want to wait until the summer to sell him. It is also understood that other Premier League clubs have expressed an interest in David -- including Tottenham and Chelsea -- and any late signal he could be available may spark a bidding war.

Everton's Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Napoli's Victor Osimhen and Aston Villa's Ollie Watkins are names that have been discussed but, again, Arsenal face an uphill task in convincing any of those three clubs to part company with a key player in the middle of the season.

Short-term alternatives include a loan move for Real Madrid's Luka Jovic. One source has suggested Arsenal were previously offered the chance to sign former Chelsea striker Diego Costa, now a free agent after leaving Atletico Miniero, although this has been denied by the Gunners and any move for the 33-year-old would be a surprise given his volatile character would appear at odds with manager Mikel Arteta's team-building approach.
If Arteta brings back Auba he’s finished. He’ll go down the same route as Emery when he got desperate and brought back Özil. All that authoritarian nonsense and draconian punishments just to grovel back to the man who saved his career first time round in the FA Cup. Arteta better hope he gets a striker this window. Otherwise what was the whole point of this? The airing of dirty laundry to try and stripping of captaincy. If I were Auba I’m telling Arteta “sayonara”.

SA Gunner

If Arteta brings back Auba he’s finished. He’ll go down the same route as Emery when he got desperate and brought back Özil. All that authoritarian nonsense and draconian punishments just to grovel back to the man who saved his career first time round in the FA Cup. Arteta better hope he gets a striker this window. Otherwise what was the whole point of this? The airing of dirty laundry to try and stripping of captaincy. If I were Auba I’m telling Arteta “sayonara”.

Plausible scenario yes, he's credibility will take a knock here if he has to go back on his strong stance.

Still do think that he'll make a plan of some sort. Its in his own interest to get top four this season, even if his ambitions are beyond Arsenal.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I’m so thirsty

me-at-3am-drinking-a-lot-of-water-meme.jpg

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Have to sign someone. There must be players out there who can do a job in the short term.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
While I don't care if Arteta's ego ends up in the mud, bringing back Auba is not a recipe for our top 4 ambition (or top 6 for that matter).

Auba is -1 if he is not on fire, and it's been a long time since he was any good for us.

I have no idea where the money for new transfers would come from as we've already wasted 170m this season, so the only option would probably be some loan deal or a very poor and cheap solution, something we've tried with Mari, Willian, and some other guys

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If I'm the Kroenke's I refuse Arteta and new striker and make him bring Auba back in; he's better than the guys we could realistically bring in now anyway. If we don't get top 4, sack him and let the new manager bring in a guy that fits his style.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Auba hasn’t played for two months. Even if he does bring him back it’s unrealistic to think he’ll come in and suddenly start scoring. It will take him a while to regain fitness, then match sharpness.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If I'm the Kroenke's I refuse Arteta and new striker and make him bring Auba back in; he's better than the guys we could realistically bring in now anyway. If we don't get top 4, sack him and let the new manager bring in a guy that fits his style.

Stan would have every right to do this too. He's backed Arteta loads. Even with the Auba deal itself. He'd have every right to go, "I'm paying this guy 350k a week, use him". I don't think it will happen tho because every seems to be wrapped around Arteta's finger but you couldn't blame Stan if he thought this.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Stan would have every right to do this too. He's backed Arteta loads. Even with the Auba deal itself. He'd have every right to go, "I'm paying this guy 350k a week, use him". I don't think it will happen tho because every seems to be wrapped around Arteta's finger but you couldn't blame Stan if he thought this.

Yep, Arteta probably convinced the Kroenke's to give him that deal, knowing them they'll have been very wary dishing out that money after Özil. More fool them tbh.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's almost gotten to the stage where I almost want us to sign no one as detrimental as it would be to our season because I worry about what they'll come up. At this stage in the window we'll either bring in someone who'll be a bit part player or we'll just piss a bunch of money down the drain with a late panic move.

Don't be expecting a Özil or Arshavin type deal here. Arteta/Edu ain't got that in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom