• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 289,371

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't dispute this, but they'd be playing alongside a midfielder who isn't even established himself and other young kids. I'm not sure it's the best environment. We need some experience somewhere and it's currently with Xhaka and Laca.

I think Bruno or someone else would struggle massively.
To be honest, I think Neves is a good player. If we buy him we won't be purchasing anyone else in midfield.

However, he tackles a bit better than Xhaka and is slightly more mobile, but his main ability is switching play and long passes. I don't think we should be signing a midfielder with that being his main skill. Especially seeing as Xhaka is just as capable. We just don't want him to do it. So why would we want Neves to?

I want a midfielder who can dribble, tackle, score goals has speed and can header. A lot I know.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
To be honest, I think Neves is a good player. If we buy him we won't be purchasing anyone else in midfield.

However, he tackles a bit better than Xhaka and is slightly more mobile, but his main ability is switching play and long passes. I don't think we should be signing a midfielder with that being his main skill. Especially seeing as Xhaka is just as capable. We just don't want him to do it. So why would we want Neves to?

I want a midfielder who can dribble, tackle, score goals has speed and can header. A lot I know.

Tbf Partey is good in the air, I’m not sure heading ability is particularly important in a Partey partner, agility and technical ability definitely important though.

I like Neves too, but yh he’s quite a long-range player, think I’d rather have a more dynamic player like Cazorla, who can mix it up and control a game with the ball at their feet.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I get that we want a different profile but as I said I watched Xhaka vs City and that team showed a midfield like that could work very well, but then you have Xhaka still which is an issue in itself.

In terms of your last point I have already expressed my issue with a midfielder who scores goals, how many CM's have consistently scored and assisted 10+ in consecutive seasons in the Premier League? Gundogan has, but he's in an absolute elite team and then possible Tielemans ? Other than that I can't think of many.

But then we have Partey who for me can do everything in midfield as we saw vs City but we've seen this isn't consistent at all and I worry he'll struggle with someone else who isn't proven in this league.

That's one of the biggest reasons I like Neves is because we know exactly what we'd get and I think Partey would only benefit from someone like him. Give me a 2013 Aaron Ramsey if possible though.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Lol. City still played Mendy until he was convicted in a courtroom. The case is still ongoing and he’s paid his bail.
Just to nit pick as people say it a lot about the UK, there are no bail bonds in the UK so you cant pay your way out

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I would take the risk on Ramsey on a loan for the season, don't expect us to spend this window anyway.

Think most of Ramsey's issue are motivation based, he's lost that in Juve...he would get some of that back here, as he has a connection to the club...we won't get the old Aaron that used to play for us, but still a very useful player.

Let's not forget...in Ramsey's last season here, he was helping us chase a return to Champions League, then he got injured before he could help us finish it...this could be his chance, to have his Arsenal chapter close in the way it was meant to.

balthazar

Breaking News. Arsenal will sign both Ramsey and Wilshere
Baby Reaction GIF

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Where the heck are the cm links? Ainsley all but confirmed and we’re left with two cm’s is concerning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Latest posts

Top Bottom