• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 286,882

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Fifa banned OM from buying players next 2 transfer window. Not sure what that mean for Guendouzi will his obligation be canceled?

I don’t think so. Iirc Chelsea managed to pay the obligation for Kovacic when they were banned.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Fifa banned OM from buying players next 2 transfer window. Not sure what that mean for Guendouzi will his obligation be canceled? He extend his contract with us until 2023 so he'll have 1 year left
Desperation buy Kolasinac incoming this transfer window!!! This is great!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Well honestly no. They’re two categories that aren’t defining metrics for winning of a football match. Grouping a bunch of players together in loose categories is confirmation bias.

My issue is with the level of stats. You get Twitter guys using what are poor level stuff honestly to fit an agenda about whatever player they’re posting about.

They’re levels behind actual top quality stats you get in basketball or baseball. Pretty much zero chance that clubs are paying armies of data scientists to sift through these.

I mean you can’t really bemoan the fact football uses different levels of stats to basketball and baseball, baseball is barely a sport and I constantly hear how stats have ruined basketball and made it boring.

You keep criticising this stat and that stat, I don’t get it, progressive passing and xA is a good way to tell how good a creative passer someone is, it literally does what it says on the tin, you’re right about some stats being deceptive but that doesn’t mean they all are.

Tielemans also excellent on that chart btw, I feel like if the stat was presented in the context of Tielemans you’d back it, but for some reason you have an agenda against Bruno, probably you’ve bought into the myth of @OnlyOne being a good poster and started listening to him too much.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I mean you can’t really bemoan the fact football uses different levels of stats to basketball and baseball, baseball is barely a sport and I constantly hear how stats have ruined basketball and made it boring.

You keep criticising this stat and that stat, I don’t get it, progressive passing and xA is a good way to tell how good a creative passer someone is, it literally does what it says on the tin, you’re right about some stats being deceptive but that doesn’t mean they all are.

Tielemans also excellent on that chart btw, I feel like if the stat was presented in the context of Tielemans you’d back it, but for some reason you have an agenda against Bruno, probably you’ve bought into the myth of @OnlyOne being a good poster and started listening to him too much.

My point is that the level of statistical analysis available to us isn’t at the same level of those sports.

Every year on here there’s some guy who’s a stats darling in random categories that make him look like a world beater.

This summer it was Emerson Royal being levels above Tomiyasu defensively :lol:

The summer before that it was Buendia 💀

I’m all for stats and actually take an interest in them but only if they’re actually meaningful. I honestly believe projecting positions is so hard in football outside maybe goalkeepers and attacking midfielders because the game is so fluid.

I don’t really care about Bruno. I’ve never watched him play but no one on here has either. I just think some Twitter psycho firing up FBref to list a bunch of random stats doesn’t mean he’s actually good. There’s so many other variables.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
My point is that the level of statistical analysis available to us isn’t at the same level of those sports.

Every year on here there’s some guy who’s a stats darling in random categories that make him look like a world beater.

This summer it was Emerson Royal being levels above Tomiyasu defensively :lol:

The summer before that it was Buendia 💀

I’m all for stats and actually take an interest in them but only if they’re actually meaningful. I honestly believe projecting positions is so hard in football outside maybe goalkeepers and attacking midfielders because the game is so fluid.

I don’t really care about Bruno. I’ve never watched him play but no one on here has either. I just think some Twitter psycho firing up FBref to list a bunch of random stats doesn’t mean he’s actually good. There’s so many other variables.

I feel like there’s probably way more advanced stuff that’s just not publicly available tbf, PL clubs have data scientists with PHDs working for them, they’re not just going on fbref and making simple charts.

It’s between Bruno G, Ruben Neves and Tielemans for me, all good options. Guendouzi the best option obviously but life isn’t fair like that.

jeremypkw

Do you think supporters would be upset if we spent 150Million this window on Tielemans and Vlahovic, but didn't spend a cent in the summer window?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Fifa banned OM from buying players next 2 transfer window. Not sure what that mean for Guendouzi will his obligation be canceled? He extend his contract with us until 2023 so he'll have 1 year left

Think if it's a deal previously agreed it should be fine?

Personally I'd hire a relationship couselour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom