• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 516,012
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I think he's very good at this
Really? Like I dont think hes wasteful on the ball, I just dont see him do much linking up with players in the same way Ødegaard would in and around the box. Maybe I should say contributing to meaningful possession in the final third.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Really? Like I dont think hes wasteful on the ball, I just dont see him do much linking up with players in the same way Ødegaard would in and around the box. Maybe I should say contributing to meaningful possession in the final third.
Yh, it's not flash but, the way I see it, the eights in our system are under pressure by definition when they receive the ball in the half space which provokes a reaction. If the eight can find a composed, well-executed pass that gives the next player time and options then our position often advances. They don't need to find a killer pass or flashy one two to create an advantages for us. I think he's good at this bread and butter stuff.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Think we should be looking at bringing in an upgrade on Xhaka, sure hes been good this year, but the amount of gaps in opposition defences he cant take advantage of because he is too slow is painful, hes also not getting any younger, he rarely helps hold possession in advanced areas when hes under pressure. We're losing a lot of control and creativity in the final third with the loss of Jesus and I cant see anyone replacing it as a centreforward but we can add elsewhere to make up for the loss.
Jude is coming chill.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Yh, it's not flash but, the way I see it, the eights in our system are under pressure by definition when they receive the ball in the half space which provokes a reaction. If the eight can find a composed, well-executed pass that gives the next player time and options then our position often advances. They don't need to find a killer pass or flashy one two to create an advantages for us. I think he's good at this bread and butter stuff.
Yeah I guess I think he doesnt do that, I think he plays a lot of safe passes and training routines without increasing pressure or improving our position. Ødegaard does the opposite for me, plays the safe passes sure but does ratchet up the pressure and always looks to create gaps and problems. Yeah Xhaka being under pressure in our system is a bad thing and another reason we need/can to improve on him.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Yeah I guess I think he doesnt do that, I think he plays a lot of safe passes and training routines without increasing pressure or improving our position. Ødegaard does the opposite for me, plays the safe passes sure but does ratchet up the pressure and always looks to create gaps and problems. Yeah Xhaka being under pressure in our system is a bad thing and another reason we need/can to improve on him.
Don't agree, but fair enough

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
If Depay shows up to work on time then he’ll be one of my favorite players

Legend14

Established Member
Were there aany 9s that were impressive in the WC, other than Giroud? Not sure how we solve our Jesus injury problem.

The players that impressed play positions where we are already strong. We’ll need a diamond in the rough from our scouts. Need someone though. I’ll hope for Nketiah to show, but don’t think we can count on this.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Is it just me that would rather see Eddie than Depay?

Depay guys?! Really?!

Yeah personally I’m still seeing Memphis as the Lyon player, pre Barca move. He isn’t that player anymore.

At best, a six month loan here and he goes. Hell I’d go for Ronaldo if I had a choice between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom