• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 516,070
Status
Not open for further replies.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Eddie can’t play every single game every minute for 5 and half months.

Yeah but that doesn’t mean we need to go walking in Memphis…

I would be very disappointed if we signed him, loan or perm. There’s better targets out there.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I actually don't mind Depay at all as a player, versatile, useful. Has improved tons since his Utd days.

Seeing the players who have failed or not fit in here though, it's an obvious no go. No Jesus injury we wouldn't even be discussing him.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I actually don't mind Depay at all as a player, versatile, useful. Has improved tons since his Utd days.

Seeing the players who have failed or not fit in here though, it's an obvious no go. No Jesus injury we wouldn't even be discussing him.
Does depay have a history of attitude problems? Or are you just saying that because flashy and black?

He’d be a stopgap if we did it, no doubt. He’s very good in possession.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah but that doesn’t mean we need to go walking in Memphis…

I would be very disappointed if we signed him, loan or perm. There’s better targets out there.
Depay is comfortably better player than bloody nketiah. I’m sure once Arsenal move nketiah on he will reach a level of playing for Lyon and Barcelona

Almost anyone we are linked with is better than bloody nketiah

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’m fully on the Ounahi train. Bring him to the carpet:

Just need those links to surface. He would be such an astute signing as an option instead of Lokonga + he’s a year younger than him too.

Reminds me of when Mahrez went from Le Havre to Leicester.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The area where Im most concerned is our number six role. Elneny can play a role there, but his recent injury makes me worry a bit as well. Lokonga is also able to play a role there, although not as efficient, truth be told.

Think upfront, the return of Smith Rowe, combined with added contributions from Nelson may be enough for us. Yes, it may diminish our title chances, but we should be good enough for a second place finish this year, regardless. But with Mudryk/Tammy or both coming in this January, we will be well set to continue our attempts at winning the league. Especially if Smith Rowe, Nelson and Jesus make a comeback.

All in all, we are looking good I think. The game against Lyon was a reminder of the level we are playing at. Its really high and I fully expect us to pick up where we left off come West Ham.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

You dont genuinely believe nketiah is as good as Depay do you?
I think if we’re going to compromise on the values and principles that brought us here, then we need to do it for a higher calibre of player than Memphis Depay…

Setting the bar at Nketiah is not what we should be aiming for. We’re looking for a Jesus replacement, not an Eddie replacement.

To actually answer your question though- I think Nketiah can contribute more than Depay over the next 3 months, given that he already understands how we play and won’t need bedding in and that the gap in quality between them isn’t actually as big as some people on here are making out.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Depay is comfortably better player than bloody nketiah. I’m sure once Arsenal move nketiah on he will reach a level of playing for Lyon and Barcelona

Almost anyone we are linked with is better than bloody nketiah

Nketieh is a better goalscorer than Depay, with more pace, better movement in the box, better pressing and more PL proven because Depay flopped and Nketieh has decent goals per minute. Depay has better technique and ball control but he's too slow. He'd be another Lacazette

There's a reason he doesn't get minutes at Barce. I'd still take him on loan but I'd start Eddie over him.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I’m fully on the Ounahi train. Bring him to the carpet:

Just need those links to surface. He would be such an astute signing as an option instead of Lokonga + he’s a year younger than him too.

Reminds me of when Mahrez went from Le Havre to Leicester.
He's improved loads from his first caps for Morocco, even since the start of the tournament. Amrabat had to do everything on his own vs Croatia but since the KO stages Ounahi has really massively stepped up.

Love how confident he is, some 21 year old kid constantly dribbling his way through three, four Spanish or Portuguese midfielders. Far cry from the virgin babbies and plumbers we got used to over the years

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

The area where Im most concerned is our number six role. Elneny can play a role there, but his recent injury makes me worry a bit as well. Lokonga is also able to play a role there, although not as efficient, truth be told.

Think upfront, the return of Smith Rowe, combined with added contributions from Nelson may be enough for us. Yes, it may diminish our title chances, but we should be good enough for a second place finish this year, regardless. But with Mudryk/Tammy or both coming in this January, we will be well set to continue our attempts at winning the league. Especially if Smith Rowe, Nelson and Jesus make a comeback.

All in all, we are looking good I think. The game against Lyon was a reminder of the level we are playing at. Its really high and I fully expect us to pick up where we left off come West Ham.
Danilo is coming chill

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think if we’re going to compromise on the values and principles that brought us here, then we need to do it for a higher calibre of player than Memphis Depay…

Setting the bar at Nketiah is not what we should be aiming for. We’re looking for a Jesus replacement, not an Eddie replacement.

To actually answer your question though- I think Nketiah can contribute more than Depay over the next 3 months, given that he already understands how we play and won’t need bedding in and that the gap in quality between them isn’t actually as big as some people on here are making out.
The problem is can Eddie play 2 games a week for an extended period of time and what happens if he hits a barren run or gets injured?

You can't win the league playing the majority of it or at least half with only 1 back up strikers as your main man.

City would drop off if Haaland was out for 3 months and they've got Alvarez who is decent. Liverpool would drop off abit if Salah was out for 3 months and they have Nunez, Jota and Firmino.

We need to add in January.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

The problem is can Eddie play 2 games a week for an extended period of time and what happens if he hits a barren run or gets injured?

You can't win the league playing the majority of it or at least half with only 1 back up strikers as your main man.

City would drop off if Haaland was out for 3 months and they've got Alvarez who is decent. Liverpool would drop off abit if Salah was out for 3 months and they have Nunez, Jota and Firmino.

We need to add in January.

I agree we need to add, but I just think we should be more selective when it comes to adding. Add guys that have high ceilings. I would rather spend £80m on Felix than get Depay on a free…

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Should add - it’s not that I think Depay is “that bad” per se. It’s just that I’ve recalibrated my expectations of where I see our club in a year or 2. Depay will not take us to the promised land. Keep your eyes on the horizon, forget about the stop gap short termist solutions.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Nketieh is a better goalscorer than Depay, with more pace, better movement in the box, better pressing and more PL proven because Depay flopped and Nketieh has decent goals per minute. Depay has better technique and ball control but he's too slow. He'd be another Lacazette

There's a reason he doesn't get minutes at Barce. I'd still take him on loan but I'd start Eddie over him.
Better goal scorer? What’s the most league goals nketiah got in one season? Depay got 22 in Dutch league and 20 in Ligue 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom