• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 516,125
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Phillips cost 45 million pounds for City with a year in contract. Rice is 3 years younger and has 1+1 years in contract. Not sure what is the basis for losing him for 70 million pounds as the article is behind a paywall. To me it looks like it would cost a bit more.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Am I the only one who doesn't see what all the fuss is about with Rice ? Just seems ordinary to me.

Bellingham yes. Ridiculous talent.
He works hard, points the finger and gives great interviews. Fits perfect with the passion lovers. He is a limited player and if people watch him closer in the World Cup they will see.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Am I the only one who doesn't see what all the fuss is about with Rice ? Just seems ordinary to me.

Think his passing is bordering on WC. But “something” about his technique bugs me, and I’m not entirely sure what is is yet. Sort of like when you see a misspelled word and you know sth isn’t right. Will figure it out when he plays the best team in the league…

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
He works hard, points the finger and gives great interviews. Fits perfect with the passion lovers. He is a limited player and if people watch him closer in the World Cup they will see.
I think he might come out looking decent in the WC but honestly intl football is not the best arena to judge players, especially those in positions that need to be press resistant like Rice. You just don’t see an organised press in international football for fairly obvious reasons…

drippin

Take a look at here. Consider that Bellingham plays in Bundesliga. Also consider that Partey plays in a team that leads the league, and is having his best season. While West Ham is having a bad season. Bellingham's touches are more on the attacking areas than Rice and Partey, and looks otherwise more attacking so it's not the best comparison for him.

Rice is clearly the best passer, especially longer balls. He is almost never dribbled past, just like Bellingham in a worse league. Progressive passes and clearances are basically only stat I can see from a fast look, where Partey is better than Rice. Partey also succeeds 15% better in dribbles.

I like Bellingham a lot, would be my first choice. But in our situation, I think Rice could be better, he is EPL proven so has instant sure effect. He also looks like better rotation for Partey, and can also play the Xhaka role well. Take into account that Partey is 5,5 years older than Rice, which is a lot in midfield and Partey wasn't nearly his level at that point as Rice has been doing it at EPL for some time already.

Press "toggle per 90" for every stat.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Declan would be a dream signing, he'd cost a boat load though and wouldn't be within our reach financially. West Ham would surely ask for 70-80M.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Would you pay that? @OnlyOne
Annoying timing because as good as he is I'm not sure he moves the needle for us with WC Xhaka and TP5 finally becoming the player we need him to be.

I want a top class CM but not sure we really need one now :(, Tielemans as a quality rotation option makes more sense. If we could get Bellingham to wait another year that would be perfect.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Bellingham makes more sense for us when you look at our squad make-up.
If I'm spending 70M I'd rather spend it on a guy that has demonstrated the ability to get in the box and score goals.

We think Rice can do that but we don't know. I really wish we'd sign Jude. Sigh.

drippin

Annoying timing because as good as he is I'm not sure he moves the needle for us with WC Xhaka and TP5 finally becoming the player we need him to be.

I want a top class CM but not sure we really need one now :(, Tielemans as a quality rotation option makes more sense. If we could get Bellingham to wait another year that would be perfect.
Would you put Bellingham in that DMF position in EPL? He is so talented that I think he could do it, but Rice looks better for that position with his passing etc.

I'd be very happy with Tielemans now, and Rice with a year in contract later. Or both next summer. But that's pretty much dream land stuff.

Too bad it has looked like for a long time that Rice is Chelsea bound.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Would you put Bellingham in that DMF position in EPL? He is so talented that I think he could do it, but Rice looks better for that position with his passing etc.

I'd be very happy with Tielemans now, and Rice with a year in contract later. Or both next summer. But that's pretty much dream land stuff.

Too bad it has looked like for a long time that Rice is Chelsea bound.
When a player looks club X bound for so long it rarely seems to actually happen.

As for Bellingham from what I've seen you have to play him in Xhaka's current role or with a license to roam in a double pivot. He has the athleticism to get up and down the pitch so sticking him in DM seems like a waste of both his athleticism and his attacking ability.

drippin

When a player looks club X bound for so long it rarely seems to actually happen.

As for Bellingham from what I've seen you have to play him in Xhaka's current role or with a license to roam in a double pivot. He has the athleticism to get up and down the pitch so sticking him in DM seems like a waste of both his athleticism and his attacking ability.
Yeah. Well Chelsea's problems might affect things.

The problem is that if we get Tielemans (for cheap, it's good business), our midfield will be stacked with only Partey as the proper DMF. And he is injury-prone.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Rice available for 70m i would like us try to make bid even tho we'll have to drop Partey who been absolutely world class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom