Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Aevius, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

Plays CB/DM

yybecause likes this.
  2. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

been rumored to him quiet some times now

3. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

We targeted him last season

4. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

I was hot and cold on Pepe earlier in the season and have therefore paid more attention to him since. Alot as been made about his goals, but I don't think you can look at that and say he is going to walk into the team and score 20 goals in a season.

However when it comes to top wingers who are young and left footed, but play on the right he is easily the best. He is very strong and tall and protects the ball in a similar 2ay to Iwobi. However, he does try things and he does lose the ball frequently. In transition he is very fast while dribbling and one on one he is very efficient. He can be lazy and his mentality maybe in question. Would he move to the most competitive league and challenge himself?

As much as he would be a welcome addition, the price of 70 million isn't realistic for us. 50 million maybe, but you don't pay 70 million for a winger from the French league who has no European football experience and has had the luxury of playing 1 game a week. His impact would be similar to that of Hazard or Sane in their first season. You don't blow the majority of your budget on that. You spend 70 million on someone who comes in and scores 20 goals as a wide player or 30 goals as a centre forward. I don't think he would do that.

Flying Okapis likes this.
  5. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/sport...eld-61304968,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

It's a Bild+ Article, but it is about Demirbay from Hoffenheim.

Think there were rumours about a transfer to Arsenal last season too. The article says, that Arsenal told Hoffenheim, that they have interest.

Looks like he has a release clause and Bild is speculating, that it is between 20-30€ million.

He is a bit under the radar in Germany and could be a replacement for Ramsey.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  6. MiiTek

MiiTek Member

Please sign Donny van de Beek

7. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

We been targeting Demirbay since few years ago if his release clause between 20-30M would be nice signing

8. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Think if you can get him for the 25 - 30m it's a no brainer to replace Ramsey. You won't get better quality for anything less.

Very similar to Julian Brandt who I'd be all over for that measly 25m release clause. Usually you have to pay 50 or 60m for such players, now you can get them for half of that.

9. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

What do you think of Fornals as a Ramsey replacement? He has a similar release clause iirc.

10. Toby Andrl

Tbh I don't know very much about him, just that a lot of people on here hype him for whatever reasons. I always had him in my mind as a 10, kind of similar to Isco. And that would be imo the wrong profile to replace Ramsey.

I'd definitely look for a "real" central midfielder who can be shifted a little higher if need be or for tactical reasons. Demirbay or e.g. van de Beek - to me - seem more fitting on first glance. I think particularly Demirbay is an interesting thought, think he's got similarities to Gündogan, albiet he's definitely more of an attacker and less of a DLP/6 - like a B2B Gündogan.

American_Gooner likes this.
  11. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 Still Hating Reed in 2019

We should go all out for Timo Werner if the reported price of 40m euros is true. I'm sure we can offer a better pay packet to him than Bayern.

12. Toby Andrl

To quote myself here from another thread:

NieThePiet and Sammy1887 like this.
  13. Sammy1887

Yeah, read your post and I believe he would join Bayern eventually. Just thinking it would be nice for another club to have a go at Leipzeig at the reported price.

On a different note, reading that Thauvin might be available after his amazing rant the other day.

14. Toby Andrl

15. Sammy1887

Toby Andrl likes this.
  16. benjamin86

benjamin86 Well-Known Member

Wonder why there's no Brandt rumours 25m is our wheel house.

17. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid StatDNA Expert

Bayern bound.

18. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Noussair Mazraoui, Tagliafico and Donny Van De Beek are the players mentioned

al-Ustaadh and benjamin86 like this.
  19. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Still Not a Mod

Bet we end up signing no one from Ajax then.

20. Toby Andrl

Think eventually that'll become a problem with these Ajax players. Everyone is after them but beyond a certain threshold Overmars will start telling people to **** off - and that might be reached quicker than some think. It's clear they can't hold on to de Ligt and de Jong much longer after already having refused to sell last summer - now with a season like this they're gone. Although with de Ligt I'm not completely sure; he's two years younger than de Jong and their captain, wouldn't put it into the realm of impossibility that he stays another season.

The other candidates are of course Ziyech, Neres and van de Beek, but I can't see all of them going in addition to de Ligt and de Jong. I'd tip Ziyech to go first as he's at 26 the one who's probably going to push for a move the hardest if there's serious interest from the likes of Bayern.

I think you've got to be fast and decisive if you want Ajax players this summer because I'm pretty sure that after 3 or 4 have left and they already made 150 to 200m, Overmars will shut the door or raise the price.

American_Gooner likes this.