• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Of course we will try to buy an italian midfielder from Sassuolo who absolutely wants to join Juve (a club he actually supports) rather than getting a guy like Bissouma who's PL-ready and battle-tested and could have joined the pre-season already.

I won't pretend that i know much about Locatelli (i doubt anybody here ever watched a Sassuolo match) but there are many reasons Italians usually don't come to the PL and one of the reason if the adaptation.

Pretty sure after 6 months of sufferball under Mikel in the UK weather, this bloke will dream of going back to Italy Asap.
the reason we are where we are is because of bad recruitment for years and not gone for the obvious choices. Bissouma would improve our team so much and is way better than these slow ass players we are being linked with. Locatelli will struggle in the PL

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
the reason we are where we are is because of bad recruitment for years and not gone for the obvious choices. Bissouma would improve our team so much and is way better than these slow ass players we are being linked with. Locatelli will struggle in the PL
In the same way slow midfielders like Cesc, Jorginho, Lampard, Gundogan, Ballack, Carrick struggled?

In the same way Veratti and Jorginho struggled with the dynamic Rice and Phillips?

Locatelli would be a better partner for Partey than Bissouma.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

In the same way slow midfielders like Cesc, Jorginho, Lampard, Gundogan, Ballack, Carrick struggled?

In the same way Veratti and Jorginho struggled with the dynamic Rice and Phillips?

all special ball players and he is not. xhaka has struggled. jorginho is Italys star midfielder...this guy was the backup. veratti and barella as well. He was a squad filler. from what I seen of him he seems slow and not special on the ball. Bissouma is comfortably better player than Locatelli who milan binned for not being good enough

Gunners1616

Why though ?

Bissouma is already adapted to the PL, he is fast/strong and very good with the ball. He actually can resist high pressings by dribbling (something we are not use to anymore). He is also very good at progressing with the ball and breaking lines...

That is exactly what we need in midfield, someone who actually takes risks and can dribble. At Lille he use to play in more attacking roles so it's not like we are getting someone similar to Partey.

After finishing 8th twice we are not in position to gamble for key roles. Priority should be PL players a.k.a Ben white / Bissouma/ Maddison etc...

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
I guess Lokonga will be announced tomorrow. A young talent signed for the future that wont change our squad in a significant way in terms of quality. You can almost say the same thing about the dog kisser. So when we play our second pre season game we havent really improved the squad in a necessary way. A great plan, as Arteta said.

Reactions: Xln

GunnerShy

The last two years have shown that Arsenal are capable of signing players without it breaking to the media. Not so with protracted negotiations, but certainly with some.

Therefore, I'd say it's not without possibility that we people will be at lunch one day and get a notification out of almost nowhere to day we've signed player X.

What is more concerning, is that, with their first window where they've had a full season to evaluate the squad, targets etc. I'm really confused as to what the approach to building the squad is, the apparent lack of urgency and priorities.

We won't be 'outsmarting the market'.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
all special ball players and he is not. xhaka has struggled. jorginho is Italys star midfielder...this guy was the backup. veratti and barella as well. He was a squad filler. from what I seen of him he seems slow and not special on the ball. Bissouma is comfortably better player than Locatelli who milan binned for not being good enough

Barella is a attacking midfielder.

And almost nobody would start in the place of Jorginho and Verratti.

Neither Rice, Kalvin or much less that bum Bissouma.

You overrate EPL, Locatelli would do just very fine in the EPL or in whatever place:

Your boi Bissouma would just be another limited overrated player and would NEVER improve Arsenal.

When Locatelli played in the Euro he just did very well:

You can talk it is Switzerland, but against who Bissouma played in this summer?

Locatelli would be zillion times better than Yves, Lokonga, Kalvin or other of these players.

Probably will miss Locatelli to Juve, but then why Bissouma? and not Rodrigo Bentancur from the own Juve for example? They are too much similar both, and both kilometers better than these overrated EPL players. If Locatelli is better than Bentancur (I think he is) it would be still marginally or very low.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Barella is a attacking midfielder.

And almost nobody would start in the place of Jorginho and Verratti.

Neither Rice, Kalvin or much less that *** Bissouma.

You overrate EPL, Locatelli would do just very fine in the EPL or in whatever place:

Your boi Bissouma would just be another limited overrated player and would NEVER improve Arsenal.

When Locatelli played in the Euro he just did very well:

You can talk it is Switzerland, but against who Bissouma played in this summer?

Locatelli would be zillion times better than Yves, Lokonga, Kalvin or other of these players.

Probably will miss Locatelli to Juve, but then why Bissouma? and not Rodrigo Bentancur from the own Juve for example? They are too much similar both, and both kilometers better than these overrated EPL players. If Locatelli is better than Bentancur (I think he is) it would be still marginally or very low.
Bissouma will go to Liverpool. So he will be fine

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
The Spanish/Brazilian cartel still going strong I see.

You can arrest El Chapo but the Sinaloa cartel still doing their thing, just like us with Raul, Kia, Edu, Arteta etc.

Then you got Vinny aka Vinai, the middle man.
Should start a Narcos Mania Forum tbf - quality television

6666Louis

England would win the Euros and the World Cup with Kloop as a coach.

If we want to play like Klopp, Bissouma is one hell of a player.

Do we want to play like Guardiola, Locatelli is probably the better choice.

Both is better than what we have.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Why though ?

Bissouma is already adapted to the PL, he is fast/strong and very good with the ball. He actually can resist high pressings by dribbling (something we are not use to anymore). He is also very good at progressing with the ball and breaking lines...

That is exactly what we need in midfield, someone who actually takes risks and can dribble. At Lille he use to play in more attacking roles so it's not like we are getting someone similar to Partey.

After finishing 8th twice we are not in position to gamble for key roles. Priority should be PL players a.k.a Ben white / Bissouma/ Maddison etc...
I like Bissouma, and would be all for the signing but he’s getting a little overhyped on these boards now. Locatelli has a key attribute over Bissouma - passing. Wasn’t there a stat going around that he’s made the most progressive passes in Europe? He can go long or short.

Tbh, Xhaka is a good partner for Thomas but just lacks that little bit of pace. Locatelli has that burst of acceleration in his locker.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
You get the feeling they’re going to sit and wait for Ødegaard and roll with ESR if they can’t get him.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
That is just the twitterati thinking out loud. Ødegaard wont throw his toys out of the pram in august. At the earliest it will be january, and we cannot wait that long.

Real need to get rid of some players to meet the wage restrictions from La Liga so the club will probably wait and see if he’s someone Real move to create savings, whether that’s a loan or permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom