• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_The_Lad

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
So to sum up, we're not signing a RB, we're not signing a 10, we're probably not signing a forward because no one wants to buy Laca, we're probably either keeping or downgrading on Xhaka and we've signed a couple of back ups. Oh and we might be spending 25 million on the worst PL keeper for the past two years. And you'll have still have the same accounts on here telling you want a brilliant window it is.
The thing I hate the most about Arsenal fans is how hypocritical we have become. Same fans that say Edu and Arteta aren't good enough but will now convince themselves Chambers is starting quality. What happened to us? I thought we all understood what the problem areas were: CM, RB, AM, back up for Tierney and backup for Leno. That was it. 5 signings. 3 first-team signings. That was the bare mininum to take take us out of 8th and now I'm hearing nonsense like "Willian would be decent at 10" or "we should keep Xhaka". Do you know dangerous this is? What if ESR's injuries flare up again? We go back to a 343 and conjure 6 shots a game again? What if Chambers get Montero'd again? Is Cedric gonna step in and save us? Come on people, up your standards.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The thing I hate the most about Arsenal fans is how hypocritical we have become. Same fans that say Edu and Arteta aren't good enough but will now convince themselves Chambers is starting quality. What happened to us? I thought we all understood what the problem areas were: CM, RB, AM, back up for Tierney and backup for Leno. That was it. 5 signings. 3 first-team signings. That was the bare mininum to take take us out of 8th and now I'm hearing nonsense like "Willian would be decent at 10" or "we should keep Xhaka". Do you know dangerous this is? What if ESR's injuries flare up again? We go back to a 343 and conjure 6 shots a game again? What if Chambers get Montero'd again? Is Cedric gonna step in and save us? Come on people, up your standards.

We arent saying Chambers is ultimately good enough. We are saying that there's no value in the market in that area right now. Nobody can be purchased who is significantly better than Chambers.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Tell me who we can buy at right back who's significantly better than Chambers instead of being an abusive little dwarf.

Why do I have to tell you? I am not a scout hired by the club, but to say there isn't a RB in world football who we could buy that isn't much better than Callum Chambers is just more delusion on your part.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why do I have to tell you? I am not a scout hired by the club, but to say there isn't a RB in world football who we could buy that isn't much better than Callum Chambers is just more delusion on your part.

Because you're coming at me suggesting I'm dumb for thinking there's a quality right back available who is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Chambers. Unless you wanna pay £30M for hardly an upgrade in Aarons. Even you can't think of someone. Whats the point in wasting money on someone? We want actual quality. If not stick with Chambers.

It isn't that difficult to think about.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Because you're coming at me suggesting I'm dumb for thinking there's a quality right back available who is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Chambers. Unless you wanna pay £30M for hardly an upgrade in Aarons. Even you can't think of someone. Whats the point in wasting money on someone? We want actual quality. If not stick with Chambers.

Trippier, Azpilicuta, Cash & Tavernier all off the top of my head all a significant improvement ability-wise than Chambers.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

You're acting like you're not going to hype the ever living **** out of any right back we end up getting linked to.

Thats including Aarons.

You've already it done with Ramsdale.

REWB

We need a CM/AM for sure otherwise we are ****ed. However, a RB? I would like a top class one but its definitely not a need. When was the last time chambers got Montero'd? Cedric as well? They arent the best but after signing White, im not sure where our finances are and we need to focus all our resources on a CM and AM. If we get these done then we should be looking at a RB or CF; thats if we have any money left. Those positions also depend on if players like Laca/Bellerin actually leave.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
We need a CM/AM for sure otherwise we are ****ed. However, a RB? I would like a top class one but its definitely not a need. When was the last time chambers got Montero'd? Cedric as well? They arent the best but after signing White, im not sure where our finances are and we need to focus all our resources on a CM and AM. If we get these done then we should be looking at a RB or CF; thats if we have any money left. Those positions also depend on if players like Laca/Bellerin actually leave.

I'd say a top quality right back is just as important in the modern game, to go into the season with Bellerin and Chambers would be a big mistake

REWB

Trippier, Azpilicuta, Cash & Tavernier all off the top of my head all a significant improvement ability-wise than Chambers.
Absolute rubbish. The first two simply wont come to us for a start...Cash? almost certain you dont watch him, he's concentration levels are shocking. Tavernier? So you want some 29 y/o who has only been testing in the scottish league and before that couldnt cut it in the championship? **** me... insane poverty.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
We arent saying Chambers is ultimately good enough. We are saying that there's no value in the market in that area right now. Nobody can be purchased who is significantly better than Chambers.
Allow it. This is the same we said about Giroud, Mustafi, Arteta, Xhaka, etc etc. For a club that has finished 8th twice in a row, you can’t act be saying stuff like that.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Tripps is class but he's over 30 and Atletico are demanding 30M. Not coat effective at all. Azpi? Are you serious? Cash again would be about £30M he is good though. Tavs is the same as Trippier too old and too costly.

Cash isn't a bad shout, but villa won't sell him at all. Its really hard to find a right back who gives us what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom