• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw EFL Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg: Liverpool 0 - 0 Arsenal | Thursday 13th January

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_Arsenal-blog.png

Really gutted we lost to City. Should have gotten something from the game. Poor officiating coupled with individual mistakes killed us.

We looked good vs City. We had them on the ropes before the Xhaka incidence.

Hopefully we bounce back from this.
This game vs Liverpool is the ideal game to that.

Screenshot-20220101-170425.png

I expect massive rotation because Arteta knows Liverpool will rotate. I expect some fringe players to come in but don't see a way in @American_Gooner 's
boy Mari and Cedric.

In attack, Nketiah and Pepe should make lineup. In midfield I expect Sambi to take Partey's place.

In defense, White should retain his place. But Tavares and AMN will start in FB.

Screenshot-20220101-171652.png

Prediction.

Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool

Liverpool since Klopp came have always had some disdain for this competition. So I see Klopp fielding a weak Liverpool side. Liverpool are still trying to chase city for the title and they're one of the favourite for the CL. So they might throw this. They have bigger fish to fry.
With their two best attackers going to the Afcon, anything short of winning this should be classed as failure.

Last edited:

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Worst case we need to go 3 atb
Leno
White Gabriel Tierney / White holding Gabriel
Cedric lokonga xhaka Tierney / Tavares (based on above)
Saka Laca martinelli

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
White will definitely play. In fact he should play as rb

Leno
White holding Gabriel Tierney
Lokonga xhaka
Saka Laca martinelli
Eddie
White never stopped playing since joining maybe his fitness is great but we can't put him at risk Gabriel is back and he well rested i think he should play beside holding. The problem we'll be forced to play most of our first team i hope we don't get injures. ESR Ødegaard and Tomi important they get back against Sp**s.

Taurul

Maybe this?

Leno
White Gabriel Tierney
Cedric Lokonga Xhaka Tavares
Saka Lacazette Martinelli

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Our CM options without Partey, will play better in a 3 at the formation anyway, so a change for this match will suit us.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Oof squad is looking in pretty awful state. And anything other than the first 11 and Arteta can't make it work. Just play kids and write this one off.

pascal_stepanovs

Winning the league Cup doesnt help push the club to the next level.

While I also hate the idea of top 4 being the be all and end all, if we secure top 4, we have more money and it looks like we are finally prepared to invest that money in players. It also means we can attract a better quality of player, which in turn helps with a pursuit of winning the league in a few years as far away as it may be.

Nobody ever joined a club to win the league Cup. However they did to play CL football and push for a title. Which would be the project we would be selling.

Top 4 now is vital for rhe future and the next step albeit we got top 4 in the past and never kicked on.

Liverpool have an aging squad. City will part with Pep and KDB and Co will also become past their best and while a new manager may sign the best new players it won't be simple to dominate like now.

United have money but not a team on the up.

Chelsea will always be there or there abouts.

This young crop of players, along with some premium signings, CL football, more money and in 3 or 4 years we could be a force. It also makes keeping Saka, Martinelli, ESR easier if they are playing against Madrid, Barca, Bayern than Neco Williams and Origi in the Cup.
Fun fact. Players care about their wages first and foremost. Every extra million in the bank is a trophy to those kneeling cnuts. It's not a coincidence that our recent big monster signings came to the club when we've been basically ****. If you pay them, they will come.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Ødegaard, Smith Rowe and Tomiyasu are all unavailable for today's game against Liverpool. [Charles Watts]

Yeah I'm probably not watching, that's like half the players I like to watch in this team.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Ødegaard, Smith Rowe and Tomiyasu are all unavailable for today's game against Liverpool. [Charles Watts]

Yeah I'm probably not watching, that's like half the players I like to watch in this team.
Course you will watch it. Stop being dramatic.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People suggest we may go 3 at back i think we know we past this i don't think mikel will disturb his system. We have enough players in defense to play 4 at the back if things get complicated play Tavares as LW and Chambers as CM. Thankfully it's cup game and not league game but all that because Liverpool cried last week

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Frustrating that we’re playing when we’re now in just as bad of a shape as Liverpool were in the first leg.

I doubt another postponement would even be granted anyway.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Frustrating that we’re playing when we’re now in just as bad of a shape as Liverpool were in the first leg.

I doubt another postponement would even be granted anyway.
ESR and Tomiyasu were injured in the planned 1st leg too. So the only miss we have now more is Ødegaard, but Xhaka might be back.

The post-ponement wasn't so bad because we had those two injuries, and they got more time to recover. They might even be back for the 2nd leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom