• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eiður Guðjohnsen

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 128
  • Views 5,788
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toker

About Gudjohnson, theres no point in talking about cos he aint good enough and we would never pay the fee Chelski would want. I doubt is Chelski would wana do business with us after the Cole thing anyway, its not like they need the money.

There is no right or wrong about Gudjohnson, its a matter of opinon.
Mine is the same a 'Special One' he aint good enough, hence why he is for sale.

Ratinho

Established Member
Yeah, Gudjohnnson's quality isn't a matter of opinion tbh.

Although you are right. We won't sign him, and we don't need him.

Gurgen

Established Member
So why is this open again? Chelsea will never sell to us and we're kinda stocked in the playmaker forward department.

Toker

Finally, we agree on something.

We won't sign him, and we don't need him

The funds we have this summer should be invested elsewhere like defence and midfield. As for replacing Bergkamp, that will take sometime as Bergkamp was world class when we signed him. We will need to do the same again. Sign a world class player in that position, probaby something we can afford as the moment.

Ratinho

Established Member
Gurgen said:
So why is this open again? Chelsea will never sell to us and we're kinda stocked in the playmaker forward department.

It's a link tbf. I'm not Hitler ffs. :lol:

And Toker, we do on the whole agree. Proper arguing is fun and encouraged though. :)

longrufus

Established Member
Just to clear something up, Barca did not sue us, neither did Marseille.
When a player has gone through the academy of a club, even if he is out of contract, the bosman rules do not apply.
The club that acquires the player (arsenal) must pay compensation to the former club (barca, marseille). The compenstaion is so that the club that has trained the player, gets paid for the work and effort they put in.
If this compensation fee is not settled between the clubs, then the courts determine the fee. Which usually turns out to be small.
Marseille threw there toys out of the cot as they thought they should have received more money, which resulting in them trying to sue.

Gothics

Entertaining arguments from Ratinho and Toker. Wish could have more of this to make the forum even more entertaining. hehe

Gurgen

Established Member
Does it matter? It's the most reliable site in Holland, take my word for it :wink:

Anyway here is my login for universal use: gurgen:arsenal

Original no?

Paddy from Sweden

'Barcelona presenteert maandag Gudjohnsen'

10/6/2006 17:52

Eidur Gudjohnsen is de eerste aanwinst van Barcelona, zo meldt Marca. De Catalaanse club en Chelsea zijn het eens over de transfersom van circa twaalf miljoen euro. Ook de speler zelf is al akkoord met Barça.
Naar verwachting zal Barcelona komende maandag Gudjohnsen presenteren. De laatste zes seizoenen speelde de voormalig PSV'er voor Chelsea. Dit seizoen kwam de 27-jarige aanvaller 27 keer in actie, veelal als middenvelder.

Gudjohnsen kreeg na afloop van de competitie te horen van coach José Mourinho dat hij mag vertrekken, omdat hij in ieder geval Didier Drogba voor zich moest dulden in de spits. En na de komst van Andrei Sjevtsjenko en Michael Ballack is zijn kans op speeltijd er niet groter op geworden. Bij Barcelona moet hij de opvolger worden van Henrik Larsson.

Marca? Rest my case! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom