• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emery's Loan Targets With An Obligation to Buy But We Want An Option to Buy Hopefully: January 2019

What two players would you prefer we got with the loan/buy shenanigans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Even if it was a solid source the idea we cannot afford 20m but can afford 60m is some jump.

I'm not fussed on James. He hasn't impressed at either Madrid or Munich and seems a bit far away from the type of player we are looking for.

But I do believe we have money. We had the money for Aubameyang and Lacazette. Wenger always said it would be there for a special player alsp.

Please what ? He has been amazing at Madrid with all the managers who gave him a real chance and has been the standout performer ever since he moved to Bayern until Kovac dropped him because they have somewhat of a personal problem with one another

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Please what ? He has been amazing at Madrid with all the managers who gave him a real chance and has been the standout performer ever since he moved to Bayern until Kovac dropped him because they have somewhat of a personal problem with one another
Personal problems or whatever it is he signed for massive money to Madrid and has been shipped out on loan. And Bayern aren't keen to take the buy option in his contract (Which is lower than the reported fee we could be buying him for)

Managers can go in an instant. So maybe I'm missing something but that to me isn't good when two managers don't fancy a player.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
It’s their job, their profession. They get stick when they move for more money when every normal person does that in their life.

Imagine a kid in McDonalds getting stick for going to work in a bank for more money because he lacked ‘loyalty’.
Yes because earning £100, 000 a week and £300 a week is a reasonable comparison. Footballers at the higher end of the game should be set for life if they're sensible without looking for "pay day" transfers.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Hate to burst your bubble but 99% of football players are in it for the money.

No bubble to burst. I'm pretty sure every professional player is in it for the money. It's just most want to play in a top league at a high standard and not some tin pot Chinese league that most of us would struggle to name a couple of teams in.

African Flair

I'd take him for sure. It's not like a better player of the mold seems to be on the way in. Imagine if they could take care of Mhiki instead. Dream scenario ffs.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
It’s not like he fell out with Simeone and we’d refuse to sell him anywhere else. The guy’s an idiot, he’s pissed away his career so far when he should have been an elite player.

He’s beyond inconsistent and his effort levels are at times embarrassing. He was a dressing room cancer as well by all accounts, the highs that he has are not worth the awful lows. At this point I’d even rather Iwobi.

On what accounts do you base that he is a dressing room cancer? All I've seen were his falling out with Simeone and that in China he had a bust-up with a teammate, injured his nose and then apologized and offered to pay for the guy's medical bills. I don't think those things on their own qualify someone as a dressing room cancer. That's a pretty big charge to level.

He was a damn productive player at Monaco and Atletico Madrid. He was also good enough to play for Belgium in the World Cup just last summer, although Roberto Martinez drew criticism for shoehorning him in at left wingback. He couldn't be all that bad and certainly wasn't when I saw him play for Monaco and Atletico.

That said, it's being reported that Leonardo Jardim is about to take over Dalian Yifang and wants Carrasco to stay, so he's probably not going anywhere anyway. But if Sven, et al, think he's worth bringing to Arsenal, I will trust their judgement over a bunch of internet gossip and speculation. He certainly fits the physical and technical profile of the sort of player most around here have been clamoring for.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

On what accounts do you base that he is a dressing room cancer? All I've seen were his falling out with Simeone and that in China he had a bust-up with a teammate, injured his nose and then apologized and offered to pay for the guy's medical bills. I don't think those things on their own qualify someone as a dressing room cancer. That's a pretty big charge to level.

He was a damn productive player at Monaco and Atletico Madrid. He was also good enough to play for Belgium in the World Cup just last summer, although Roberto Martinez drew criticism for shoehorning him in at left wingback. He couldn't be all that bad and certainly wasn't when I saw him play for Monaco and Atletico.

That said, it's being reported that Leonardo Jardim is about to take over Dalian Yifang and wants Carrasco to stay, so he's probably not going anywhere anyway. But if Sven, et al, think he's worth bringing to Arsenal, I will trust their judgement over a bunch of internet gossip and speculation. He certainly fits the physical and technical profile of the sort of player most around here have been clamoring for.

There were constant stories at the time that he fell out with players in the Atletico dressing room and was getting into arguments. Had issues with what was expected from him workload wise so got into it with Burgos and the senior players.

I agree, technically and physically he’s incredible. Has everything in his locker. Between the ears though he’s a joke, it was like watching Gervinho all over again with some of his decision making, it was painful but unlike Gervinho he was capable of unreal quality.

I thought he had more potential than Griezmann when he arrived but whereas AG worked tirelessly on his all round game and developed into one of the best in the world, Carrasco didn’t bother at all. He left us exactly the same player as when he arrived.

I mean if you got him buying into us 100% and he completely changed every mental aspect of his game then yeah go for it. I think it’s never going to happen though.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Right well, looking at our next 6 or so fixtures we 100% need a signing or two this window and ASAP. Our squad is still pretty fragile atm, although we are gradually getting players back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom