• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emery's Loan Targets With An Obligation to Buy But We Want An Option to Buy Hopefully: January 2019

What two players would you prefer we got with the loan/buy shenanigans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Come on, anyone who goes to China in their mid-twenties is not someone who's going to be motivated and roll their sleeves up to help this club get back in the CL.

I get what you're saying and I'd be wary, too. But Axel Witsel spent 4.5 years making a buck in Russia, and then put one on top of that and went to China where he spent another 1.5 years. And he's now the Bundesliga's standout midfielder putting in better performances than the likes of Thiago and James.

Gervinho came back from China and is doing okay at Torino FC in the Seria A. Paulinho was a money laundering scheme from the get go, but he did okay in La Liga for Barca. Modeste just returned from China and I don't doubt he's going to be a solid Bundesliga player again.

Going by what @Rex Banner said about his mentality and character, I'd be very wary of signing Carrasco, though.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

You could argue these guys going to China etc for a few years will help them later in their careers. They can play well within themselves and still be the best in the league. They come back to Europe in their late twenties fresh whereas everyone else in Europe is nearly burned out as they've constantly been at it.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Wonder if this will pop up in the Emery's Protagonist Targets: Summer 2019 thread.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

He's been terrible this year apparently, most errors leading to goals scored I heard.

BobP

Memri Fan
From Bristol City reporter Gregor MacGregor

Speaking in our latest Robins On The Wire podcast, he revealed that he believes that Arsenal are a more likely destination than Liverpool for the Bristolian if the player ever leaves Ashton Gate, explaining that the Gunners have sent several high level scouts to BS3 over the last year, while the Reds have had little presence at City games.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport...arsenal-more-likely-liverpool-capture-2388023

More of a summer transfer target if the club deems him to be good enough. Stoked to see us linked to the likes of Kelly, Aarons and Eze though.

pikey2000

From Bristol City reporter Gregor MacGregor

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport...arsenal-more-likely-liverpool-capture-2388023

More of a summer transfer target if the club deems him to be good enough. Stoked to see us linked to the likes of Kelly, Aarons and Eze though.

Yes, really like the look of Kelly on the few times i've seen him at the Gate this season, a lot of my season ticket holder friends are raving about him as well, would be good to have some youth in the 1st team at LB.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Seems like the transfermarkt insider was right about Arsenal having a deeper look at English lower leagues and academies.
Also that bit you posted about not signing older players, based on them going for Suarez rather than Banega.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Sessegnon for a teen english record fee?

Birthday in may so how does it work with him even being counted as club grown?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Sessegnon for a teen english record fee?

Birthday in may so how does it work with him even being counted as club grown?

No thanks. Would rather buy two players. For example Chilwell and Zaha; Gaya and Pavon or Tierney and Lozano/Carrasco. 2 left sided players for the price of one, 100 million pound teenager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom