• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emery's Loan Targets With An Obligation to Buy But We Want An Option to Buy Hopefully: January 2019

What two players would you prefer we got with the loan/buy shenanigans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Should we as fans really be concerned whether it's a loan or permanent signing? I'm fine with it as long as they help us get Top 4 come May. Our wage structure is already fvcked as it is. The club is probably wary of tying down new players onto expensive long term contracts without the guarantee of CL football next season.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
It's a huge concern if a club such as Arsenal don't have the funds to sign at least one or 2 players at any moment in the season.

I really don't get it because even if we spend £40M we can get them back really easily if we win the EL or get the top 4.

live ball

Opinion Denis Suarez about Arsenal manager,
Denis Suarez is being linked with Arsenal because of Unai Emery's presence as club manager. Suarez once gave a positive testimony about Emery when he became a foster child in Sevilla,

watch football online live streaming
Unai Emery is one of the best trainers in the world. "He is a coach who can bring out the best potential from a player," Denis Suarez said in 2015. "He really thought of the position played by each player. He will put the best player in that position, so he has the best starting lineup. " "I always like playing for Emery. He is a coach who is close to players. He always invites players to discuss. "It really helps the players to be in a conducive condition," Suarez said.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
It's a huge concern if a club such as Arsenal don't have the funds to sign at least one or 2 players at any moment in the season.

I really don't get it because even if we spend £40M we can get them back really easily if we win the EL or get the top 4.

None of those goals are easy. Gambling with money you dont have is what destroys a club.

say yes

forum master baiter
Kroenke is a leech but it’s not his fault we’ve squandered our huge resources.

He’s left us to manage our own affairs and what have we done? We’ve spent millions on dross like Elneny and Mustafi, we’ve implemented the most idiotic wage structure in world football, and we’ve let cushy players run down their contracts before either bending us over a barrel for their renewal or leaving for free.

Can’t blame any of that on him as much as we’d all like to.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Can you imagine trying to convince any top target for summer to come here when the manager is forced to come out and pretty much admit we are skint right now? I'm fully expecting Aubameyang to be the last marquee signing we'll see for years to come.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
So much for Arséne ‘the economist’ Wenger leaving the club in great financial shape :lol:

So much for Arsène "spend some money" Wenger, refusing to buy players because he was such a tight arse when they were "clearly" millions of pounds available for him to do so.

I wonder if people's perception of Wenger and the amount of money he spent each summer will change now that a brand new manager has come in and is faced with the same financial restrictions. Despite the TV money and our commercial deals have both significantly increased.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'd be more concerned if it was the summer and we made that statement.

I'm finding the truth very refreshing. No spin, no if something comes up nonsense. We know where we are. I still think we will do business. Be that a loan to buy or a loan simply to push us onwards.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
So much for Arséne "spend some money" Wenger, refusing to buy players because he was such a tight arse when they were "clearly" millions of pounds available for him to do so.

I wonder if people's perception of Wenger and the amount of money he spent each summer will change now that a brand new manager has come in and is faced with the same financial restrictions. Despite the TV money and our commercial deals have both significantly increased.

It's down to Wenger and his staff if we've wasted so much ressources on mediocre players.
How much money have we spent during his reign to replace Per Mertesacker, only to get worse? £16M on Gabriel (sold at loss) + £16M on Chambers (still on loan) + £35M on Mustafi.
That's almost £70M we should have invested on a quality CB. And we will probably lose money from all those players and none of them has improved us.

And then there is the money wasted on Perez and Welbeck. Welbeck isn't a bad player but we've needed an upgrade on Giroud. Welbeck wasn't. He was at best a squad player.
So this is £32M lost.
And none of them was an upgrade on Giroud.

And our stupid wage policy has done so much harm...

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Agree with everything you said except this. If we hadn't signed Welbeck, we'd have been stuck with just Sanogo up front. For an injury replacement Welbeck has been good business at £16m.

Ofc Welbeck is a much better player than Sanogo.

But back then I was thinking we had the whole summer to find a genuine upgrade on Giroud and Wenger with his staff has failed to do so.

We had to settle for Welbeck who is not a bad player, but he wasn't the answer to our problems.

Mustafi deal was pretty similar. We weren't going to sign a CB if I recall correctly but the we lost Per in pre season and got trashed by Liverpool on the defensive side because we've played Holding + Chambers, then it has forced us to spend big on whoever was left.

Reactions: A_G

BobP

Memri Fan
Ofc Welbeck is a much better player than Sanogo.

But back then I was thinking we had the whole summer to find a genuine upgrade on Giroud and Wenger with his staff has failed to do so.

We had to settle for Welbeck who is not a bad player, but he wasn't the answer to our problems.

Mustafi deal was pretty similar. We weren't going to sign a CB if I recall correctly but the we lost Per in pre season and got trashed by Liverpool on the defensive side because we've played Holding + Chambers, then it has forced us to spend big on whoever was left.

And who can forget the summer transfer window that shalt not be named.

*shudders*

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Gazidis wasn't kidding when he said we should emulate Leicester City... nevermind even Leicester spend more money than we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom