English Football 2016/17

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by blaze_of_glory, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Nyctophobia

Nyctophobia Well-Known Member

Very harsh to say Bob is a bad manager when I'd say he's overachieved at most other jobs he's had.

I think there's far more ineptitude coming from Swansea CFC itself; firing Monk in the first place I thought was ridiculous, then going through a transfer window without a manager to then hiring a manager who they should know what kind of ideology he has before the fact but then he turns out to be a complete mismatch for the club with the staff calling him archaic showing they clearly weren't on his side, Bob was set to fail at Swansea from the get go.

It's easy to say it's all down to the manager, but if you look at that Swansea side you see a lot of problems outside of tactics.

Swansea made the error of becoming impatient, Monk should have never been sacked because of one poor season and they've continued to fail since then and they can only blame themselves for it.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Giroud likes this.
  2. SuperGoon

SuperGoon Has 2nd Best Avatars on AM

The thing is, the players were still performing for Monk they just had the worst luck of fixtures ever and it was impossible for them to build momentum.

31 October Swansea City 0–3 Arsenal
    7 November Norwich City 1–0 Swansea City
    21 November Swansea City 2–2 AFC Bournemouth
    29 November Liverpool 1–0 Swansea City
    5 December Swansea City 0–3 Leicester City
    12 December Manchester City 2–1 Swansea City

The results leading up to Monk's sack. Against the teams that Swansea are expected to be competing with they did alright. There was absolutely no patience at all.

3. carter777

carter777 Well-Known Member

Man City charged over anti-doping rules relating to incorrect whereabouts information

4R5Emaniac, CurryFlavoured and Aevius like this.
  4. BBF

BBF Real name: Ragip Xh...

The Guardiola effect

5. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne is Temporary, Squad Cost is Forever

Finally, someone's found out that Pep's a bit of a 'dope'.

6. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Sutton v Pool. Let's see who wins...

7. Rimaal

Much ado about red-tape:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38588913

8. Rimaal

Redmond SCORES for Sutton. 1-0

9. carter777

Saints need to take some of these chances. Liverpool look poor, could easily be 3-0.

10. carter777

This tie should have been close to done tonight. 4-0 Saints wouldn't have been a surprise and I would have thought Liverpool will probably still be favourites to qualify with the bookies.

11. Trilly

Trilly Coutinho > Ozil

@bingobob your boy Van Dijk continues to impress.

bingobob likes this.
  12. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright Trusted

Puel impressing so far at Southampton.

GoonerJeeves likes this.
  13. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

S'ton should've had 5 I'm fuming.

14. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Well-Known Member

Southampton will be tough game in the FA Cup, assuming they beat Norwich.

15. bingobob

bingobob Wanyama Advocate

The guy has the talent and the mental qualities to go far. Not surprisingly he is been link with 40 to 50m pound moves to Man City, United and Liverpool. I wouldn't be surprised if Barcelona came knocking as his composure and defensive ability is ideal for them.

Trilly likes this.
  16. Trilly

Trilly Coutinho > Ozil

You're under-appreciated on here Bob.

Wanyama and Van Dijk have both gone on to be PL successes despite what the majority of the forum have said. Hopefully Wenger sees your posts and goes for that LB of yours. :D

bingobob likes this.
  17. bingobob

bingobob Wanyama Advocate

Hopefully he forgets I had doubts about Dembele. With Spurs sniffing around for 30m I hope we are in there as well. The guy has it.

18. Trilly

Trilly Coutinho > Ozil

He also makes a lot of sense for us.

If Sanchez really is our striker than Dembele is at the perfect age to come here.

bingobob likes this.
  19. GDeep™

GDeep™ John Cross

So Graham Taylor is dead. He was good a good guy, didn't take himself too serious.

20. 4R5Emaniac

4R5Emaniac Always fresh from Bangladesh

Pep Godzilla exposed in the PL according to my prophecy and as a drug cheat. He definitely acts like a glue sniffing window licker.

Jerome_Gooner likes this.