• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Everton v Arsenal - 19/3/16, 12:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Nah Wengers not divided the club . This is a difference in ideology on what support looks like . Trumps not divided America the divides always been there.
True, trump has been a lightening rod for dissatisfaction amongst certain groups in the US - they rail against the Government and their marginalization. Much like certain groups of Arsenal fans - either way America is divided and the division is more clearly seen now with Trump in the picture. Arsenal are a divided fan base, and Wenger's the lighten rod.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I have no idea!

He said something along the lines of - It isn't Arsène that the fans should be directing their anger at its Kroenke and **** Law and people like that.

???

Mystified - I thought **** law was just our transfer fixer, didn't think he had any actual say in anything.

So did I . Like Yousif said maybe he meant the whole board .

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
What did he say?

Wenger said that our performance was top class in the first half with and without the ball and a continuity of our Barca performance. Our legs went a bit in the second as the players put in a 100% physical performance in Barca. He said Iwobi gained experience and confidence but still has a lot of work to do and Wenger likes his attitude and ability. Wenger said we are still in the title race-"in our mind,yes!" and mathematically. "We want everybody to be behind the team and give us a chance. We are ready for a battle,for a fight and let's just continue to produce the quality of the performance we have produced today".He said the PL is difficult and every game is tricky and we have to better our consistency. He hopes we have some luck. He says that he was disappointed that the team did not get the support mentally but that they are top class. He admits that we went through a slump but says that we had a very difficult schedule. Ospina and Özil "should be all right in a few days."

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Why did they let him down though - why would players aiming for an historic league & cup double let their manager down? Were they just not good enough? We're they mentally weak? Was the squad depth not strong enough?

I'm really not sure, but he doesn't turn against his players easily, and over time that breeds complacency. I don't doubt his will to win, but somewhere he and they can't build themselves up after beating City to lose 4-0, or a red card against Chelsea.

These are games Wenger wants to win, I imagine. But somehow we always bottle it when it really counts.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
the way we defended today was spot on well done to back 4.
It looked really organised and assured for whatever reason.

I can't recall or moment when they should have scored, which is ridiculous for this team away at Everton.

Not sure if it was Everton being poor offensively or not understanding what was asked of them by Martinez. Not sure if we were just great at the back and read everything correctly... Maybe a tactical masterclass from Wenger?! But that was as solid as Ive seen from them in years, and Im not even joking. YEARS!!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It looked really organised and assured for whatever reason.

I can't recall or moment when they should have scored, which is ridiculous for this team away at Everton.

Not sure if it was Everton being poor offensively or not understanding what was asked of them by Martinez. Not sure if we were just great at the back and read everything correctly... Maybe a tactical masterclass from Wenger?! But that was as solid as Ive seen from them in years, and Im not even joking. YEARS!!
i think we just knew where to stop Everton and by stop Lukaku we done that very well Gabriel handle him very well his best game for us since he joined IMO.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Alexis: Haha Giroud miss again.
1RH781L.jpg

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nah Wengers not divided the club . This is a difference in ideology on what support looks like . Trumps not divided America the divides always been there.
Agree with the second part but Wenger does divide opinion. Although he's won quite a few trophies it wouldn't have been enough had he been a different person. Wenger has had free passes because of his attractive footballing philosophy, nearly trophy wins, consistent top 4 finishes, loyalty to the club (numerous job offers), intelligent persona, and club/stadium building activities. His free passes are rapidly running out with most fans, it's just that some would love him to succeed one more time and bow out gracefully? Any other manager would have gone long ago, surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom