• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Manchester United vs Arsenal | 10/11/13 | 4:10 PM

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Re: EPL | Arsenal vs Tottenham | 01/09/13 | 16:00

Anyone got a picture of Steffen Freund's face after the final whistle?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

scytheavatar said:
For all the players Sp**s have signed, they are weaker this season than last season. Can't believe people say that Wenger has no transfer strategy, yet praise Sp**s for their transfers this season. Their counter attack is extremely slow, they have too many defensive mids and not enough people who can make things happen, Townsend/Walker are terrible and I am not convinced Erik Lamela is the type of player their team needs. Can't see the sum of their signings making up for the lost of Bale and Dempsey (who has always been somewhat of an underrated player).

Relax, you're getting ahead of yourself and its only been three games. Time will be the true test of their squad not a 1-0 loss to us.

I just hope we concentrate on getting some business done.

Irish_Owen

Established Member

I know it is petty and means **** all, but I'm genuinely furious that Koscielny didn't get man of the match.

That performance will probably now be overlooked by the masses, which is real shame, given that it was one of his best displays in an Arsenal shirt. Mertersacker was absolutely excellent today, and Koscielny was literally outstanding.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Like to wish Capoue a speedy recovery , double fracture poor guy .

fabo

6.51 / 10

Expected win, the performance wasn't very good but we were resilient and worked hard.

fabo

6.51 / 10

Irish_Owen said:
I know it is petty and means **** all, but I'm genuinely furious that Koscielny didn't get man of the match.

That performance will probably now be overlooked by the masses, which is real shame, given that it was one of his best displays in an Arsenal shirt. Mertersacker was absolutely excellent today, and Koscielny was literally outstanding.

Yep, I'd say Koscielny was MOTM for me. None of the mids or attackers were that great.

outlaw_member

Established Member

This is exactly how we should be performing. Sitting deep, tight in midfield and counter-attacking. The team is crying for some speed and quality in the front line, though. It's half a great team, and it's up to Wenger to add the missing pieces. I tell you one thing, he's half-right that there aren't many players better than what we have. I'm guessing 80% of them are unavailable to us anyway, leaving only a small pool. A pool in which he clearly is failing, though.

The defence has been remarkable for quite some time, ever since we adopted a more conservative approach. We've always been the offensive side amongst the big teams, but now we're arguably the most defensive which I think will suit us in the big games. It's interesting that Wenger has sacrificed an ideal of his in that regard, although I think Mertesacker and Bould have forced his hand somewhat since they arrived.

I expect us to be on the backfoot against most good teams now, but with two top quality attackers, we can reclaim our lethal counter-attack. We have so many opportunities on the break, and Podolski and Oxlade are really missing out.

silent_shadow

Established Member

Per was our best defender

xbFbUlk.gif

Started the goal.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Too many misplaced passes from all our midfielders to give it to any of them. Rosicky was best of them, for me.

Kos had a quiet one, which usually says he went about his business in a cool manner and positioned himself well. In a match like that, it's priceless. Ches done great too.

burnsjed

Established Member

The possession stat of Arsenal 43 Tottenham 57 was interesting.
When was the last time we had such low possession, especially at home (excluding any game against Barca!!)

fabo

6.51 / 10

Attack needs a revamp, agreed. Major lack of pace in those areas, bar Theo. Another midfielder is needed too as Jack just can't be relied upon(I know he was ill but it's always something).

CM, wide player and another ST should get us through the season.

GOONER1991

Established Member

If there's one thing that I really liked today, it was Wenger working the team tactically. Telling Sagna where to be. Pulling Flamini over to the touchline several times to tell him what he wants him to do.

I really liked that.

fabo

6.51 / 10

Flamini's gonna be sent off a few times this year. He's mediocre on the ball but did give us some assurance in that area, constantly talking and chasing people.

Mastadon

Established Member

Was surprisingly delighted to see Flamini in an Arsenal jersey brought back memories of 06 and 08. Santi is a f**king fantastic footballer Sp**s have nobody near that level absolutely brilliant player. Ramsey bossed the midfield again he's had a superb start to the season. Overall great result now its up to Wenger to deliver tomorrow.

Godwin1

Very well-known

Buhry said:
scytheavatar said:
For all the players Sp**s have signed, they are weaker this season than last season. Can't believe people say that Wenger has no transfer strategy, yet praise Sp**s for their transfers this season. Their counter attack is extremely slow, they have too many defensive mids and not enough people who can make things happen, Townsend/Walker are terrible and I am not convinced Erik Lamela is the type of player their team needs. Can't see the sum of their signings making up for the lost of Bale and Dempsey (who has always been somewhat of an underrated player).

Lamela will be a good signing I think at least long term, and Soldado will get them more goals then their strikers last season, he doesn't look like he'll offer much in terms of all round play though.

Not convinced by Capoue and Paulinho, both seem a bit bruteish to me. I don't think either of those 2 would get in our best midfield, Flamini is probably as good as either.

They'll miss Bale's ability to get a goal out of nothing. I still think they'll be up there competing for 4th this season but they might find themselves a bit short when it comes to creativity and flair.

Probably their main weakness last season is they lacked a creative midfielder, Im pretty surprised AVB hasn't really gone for one this summer.

Cruisio

Established Member

Godwin1 said:
Buhry said:
scytheavatar said:

Lamela will be a good signing I think at least long term, and Soldado will get them more goals then their strikers last season, he doesn't look like he'll offer much in terms of all round play though.

Not convinced by Capoue and Paulinho, both seem a bit bruteish to me. I don't think either of those 2 would get in our best midfield, Flamini is probably as good as either.

They'll miss Bale's ability to get a goal out of nothing. I still think they'll be up there competing for 4th this season but they might find themselves a bit short when it comes to creativity and flair.

Probably their main weakness last season is they lacked a creative midfielder, Im pretty surprised AVB hasn't really gone for one this summer.

They have, his names Eriksen

Godwin1

Very well-known

Frig me mate I was wracking my brains sure they did sign a AM but just couldnt remember :eek:ops:

goonerwarsh

Established Member

TheGlitch said:
infineon said:
After seeing Liverpool today, I am more worried about them ...
This

In truth, I haven't seen one great team yet this season. It's all very workmanlike and not a lot of quality from anyone at the moment.

Brilliant result for us today, strange that when things are looking dodgy for Wenger a Sp**s result helps him out and buys him some time. Well until midnight tomorrow. :wink:

Really chuffed for the team, they're worked really hard these past couple of weeks, and ground that out today. Lovely stuff.

North London is always Red

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

TheGlitch said:
infineon said:
After seeing Liverpool today, I am more worried about them ...
This

I'm not. They were totally dominated by Man Utd in that second half. I'd be more worried about Sp**s based on how they performed in our back yard and had 57% possession.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom