• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Sunderland - Arsenal - 24/04/16, 14:05

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillaJax

Even after winning, still can't help but think were gonna lose. Had a brief moment of revived hope but it died as quick as our momentum.

2-1

Aevi

Hale End FC
I think we'll be seeing some changes here...

Chambers for Bellerin or Per
Campbell for Iwobi
Welbeck for Giroud
Coq for Elneny (because he needs a break)

indy23

Iwobi shouldnt start this one, which means he is going to start. Id like to see us reverting back to a midfield 3, opposed to running an amc. Just want to see same team without Özil trying to create every goal, result may be we score mkre goals without our messiah.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I wonder if Walcott may get a chance up front? He gave Giroud what seemed like a final chance yesterday so I wonder if he'll do the same on Sunday?

Besides that, there's no point changing too much else.

Final chance? Yeah, I sorta got that impression too. It had that ominous "Play for your future," about it. One can hope.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Final chance? Yeah, I sorta got that impression too. It had that ominous "Play for your future," about it. One can hope.

Ok my statement was more hope than expectation..... logically it should be his last chance but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if he starts the first game of next season. :lol:

Forget about a donkey, he's a ****ing parasite at this stage.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I think even Wenger has to admit that going months without a goal from your main man, for a club of our stature is unacceptable. I don't think logically he can defend Giroud anymore.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Dangerous game. An Allardyce team with everything to play for, they'll be like rabid dogs fighting for every ball.

Best case scenario is an early goal which would allow you to sit back a bit. Wait, why the **** am I discussing tactics? Obviously you'll be camping outside their box the entire game with only the CBs staying back, no matter the score.

Fully expect Sunderland to get a goal or two through some absolutely suicidal attacking play from you lot.

General

Established Member
This is the kind of game you'd look forward to if you had a manager who can mix it up with controlled aggression and doesn't mind street fights. But knowing us our quality will be diluted by the usual mental lapses and generosity. Leicester won this by not giving a single quarter but you just know they are going to get a few clear cut chances against us after we've thrown men forward Wenger style.

Impact

Established Member
Čech
Bellerín Mertesacker[c] Koscielny Monreal
Ramsey Elneny
Özil
Alexis Giroud Welbeck​

Well here it is...

We desperately needed that win v Norwich last week which gives us a fighting chance of pulling off yet another great escape. I don't have too many fond memories of playing you at our place, from the Henry master class that left the entire ground in Awe, to the Fabregas fluke 40 yard deflected tackle goal you lot have put us to the sword time and time again.

Struggling to remember the last time we beat you at our place. I remember our young lad Dan Smith making that horror challenge on - Was it Diaby? Many years ago now mind, Dan Smith never played for us again and Wenger wanted him in jail!

You've got so many talented players who could hurt us. Özil and Sanchez both could potentially be match winners and Welbeck has the pace to get in behind. What worries me is the counter-attack. I watched you do it to perfection v Villa (Think Ramsey scored) and if our two young full-backs (PVA and Yedlin) push on too far you'll pick us off at will.

I expect us to sit in deep (Sorry but needs must) and hopefully outnumber you in midfield, if Defoe gets half a chance then we've got it in us to nick a goal. If you score first that will be a disaster as we'll have to go for it and like I said earlier get destroyed on the counter.

To any Gunners coming to the Stadium of Light for the match I'm more than happy to give you tips where to get a bite to eat and a decent Pint etc. Hope you all enjoy it and have a safe journey.

My prediction - 1-1 hard fought draw.

dysphoria

Established Member
With newcastle getting a point against pool, this game is now going to be extra tough, wouldn't be surprised if the fat ****y walrus sets him team to kick and frustrate us with them winning 2-1 or 1-0 via a set piece. We won't match their intensity.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I would like to see Campbell given the nod ahead of Iwobi for this one. I would like to see the French Gattuso and Egyptian Kroos pair at CM again as well.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
It would be a nice susprise if we could get an awaywin v Fat Sam's boys fighting relegation. They had all week to prepare while we had a Thursday night game. Expect them to go for it.

Alexis' brace makes me more confident. 2-1 to the Arsenal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom