• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League - 2015/2016

Tricolore

Liverpool could have been 2 or 3 up until the end of the first half but then completely collapsed in the second. I think fatigue took its toll as they were never pressing as high as they used to in the previous rounds vs United, BVB and Villareal. Overrun in midfield, the 2-man central midfield pairing of Milner and Can never works out when they have to calm down and/or slow the game down. The 4 men up front (Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho and Sturridge) were isolated as well, I cant recall any of them doing something of notice in the second half.

Well done to Sevilla though, here's me hoping they win on Sunday too.

MagicalRozza

The ref affected the outcome of the game too much. Pool were better in the first half. Completely fell apart in the second. One has to wonder what would happen had they been deservedly given at least one penalty.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Top work from Emery.

He tired Liverpool out by making them press the hell out of his side in the first half. They moved the ball around without much intention at getting the ball forward, kind of like a game of monkey-in-the-middle. Their system to get the ball upfield bypassed Klopp's tactics by avoiding the midfield pressing, and had Pool's players getting tired out by running up-and-down the pitch to retrieve it. Second half, Emery had Sevilla playing their usual game against a worn-out side.

VancouverCanuck

The ref affected the outcome of the game too much. Pool were better in the first half. Completely fell apart in the second. One has to wonder what would happen had they been deservedly given at least one penalty.
There were 3 claims but none of them should be penalties. The arms/hands were in natural position and the balls were too close for them to react.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom