• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League - 2015/2016

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Good to see the forum is waking up to the quality of Emery. This guy is mecurial with his planning, and its so clear to see tonight. Really enjoyed that performance, but the reality is that his profile grows.

Barcelona coming up this weekend, so we watch Unai at work again.

What do you say about Spanish teams now @Notorious Big ? I still feel that for most of this game Sevilla had Liverpool under lock and key. Their hard rock football falls to pieces when they cannot win the ball high up the pitch. They looked clueless for huge parts of the first half until Studge put that goal away (absolute class I must add).

The only time Liverpool were in the game was from the first goal until the end of the first half, that was it.

We need to be careful of Sky Sports news. They think they know football, they actually know ****.

Sorry dude,my bad about Sevilla.I was just a little bit angry at half time :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Sorry dude,my bad about Sevilla.I was just a little bit angry at half time :lol:

No stress dude, I wasnt trying to lambaste you at all.

I think the lesson we learn from such performances is that there are still quality managers out there, who can come and do a great job if all the building blocks are in place.

Yes, Guardiola, Klopp, Anchelotti, Mourinho, etc are all occupied, but because the media dont pay attention to an Emery, Spalletti, Cocu, Garcia, etc. doesnt mean that they are average.

We need to choose wisely, because performances like tonight is what I want from a future Arsenal FC.

Last edited:

SA Gunner

The way English media hyped klopp and Liverpool :lol::lol:

Nothing team got totally outplayed by a less quality team.

A well organised team, which could be inferior man by man, but are superior as a unit. Far superior.

Football is more about planning and the execution of those plans now. Look at your finalists in the Champions League over the last few years for example. On paper, complete mismatches in terms of personnel.

Atleti vs Madrid
Juventus vs Barcelona
Atleti vs Madrid
Dortmund vs Bayern

The sooner we get in an absolute technician in terms of planning, the better.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Sevilla were all brute big ****ers.

Even their midgets, Banega and Gameiro gave it all.

The way Liverpool were obliterated in second half was truly astonishing. They were so shocked that there was absolutely nothing from them in second half.

SA Gunner

Klopp has still done a pretty good job at Pool so far.

Their team is downright average, but still managed to give Sevilla a good game. Next season with his own players and the the players even better drilled they will push hard for top four.

Reckon they could be in the title race.

Their high intensity counter pressing football will continue to be effective, because I dont believe English teams are as detailed in their tactical work, as on the continent.

The one saving grace could be the quality of players coming into the league, who would be able to handle such pressure. Once you negate them and their style, they become pretty wack.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

A well organised team, which could be inferior man by man, but are superior as a unit. Far superior.

Football is more about planning and the execution of those plans now. Look at your finalists in the Champions League over the last few years for example. On paper, complete mismatches in terms of personnel.

Atleti vs Madrid
Juventus vs Barcelona
Atleti vs Madrid
Dortmund vs Bayern

The sooner we get in an absolute technician in terms of planning, the better.
Agreed, playing in the same way every time, even when you have more quality than your opponents, isn't going to cut it anymore.

Sevilla, like Atletico, have done very well with the planning and execution of gameplans. Think it also shows in their discipline which is very good, they are much quicker to get back into positions than teams in England I feel and know what is expected of them. Not to mention real mental strength, not the stuff that Wenger preaches here. It's not a coincidence that Sevilla scored early in the second half and turned the game around, they have done this many times before.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Mental strength Sevilla ? Come on Vinci , they've been shocking in La liga.

Leicester , now that's mental strength .

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
Did you doubt me?!?!

Naw I was just being an ass as happens when I watch footy when drinking :)

Just busting your bullocks mate. It annoyed me as well, he should put on a suit every once in a while, the world is watching.

Its funny cause one of my oldest friends is like Klopp. He wears tracksuits everywhere. I tease him that he is going to wear a track suit tuxedo for his wedding next year :p

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Mental strength Sevilla ? Come on Vinci , they've been shocking in La liga.

Leicester , now that's mental strength .
They have just not put in the same effort in La Liga once fourth place was out of reach. Winning three finals in a row shows serious mental strength, though, I think.

footydroid

Stop over hyping Emre guys the guy didn't win a single away game in the league this season. that pretty awful :lol:

It really is shocking how poor Sevilla have been in the league but Emery has more than earned his 'get out of jail free' card. If they hadn't won today it would have been a bad season, same for Liverpool. They need to do much better next season but then again it looks like they are going to lose Banega. Therein lies the problem for Emery. Every year. Last year they lost Bacca after winning EL, before that Rakitic. As long as they keep losing their best players they will always struggle to build on their Europa success and get to the next level.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

They have just not put in the same effort in La Liga once fourth place was out of reach. Winning three finals in a row shows serious mental strength, though, I think.

And fair play to them , I won't take that away from them but the reason they are in this comp is they were ordinary in the CL. Their away form in La liga has been deplorable - that's mental issue in itself .

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
It really is shocking how poor Sevilla have been in the league but Emery has more than earned his 'get out of jail free' card. If they hadn't won today it would have been a bad season, same for Liverpool. They need to do much better next season but then again it looks like they are going to lose Banega. Therein lies the problem for Emery. Every year. Last year they lost Bacca after winning EL, before that Rakitic. As long as they keep losing their best players they will always struggle to build on their Europa success and get to the next level.

That's the reality of Sevilla's situation though. Emery has given them basically the best they could have possibly hoped for in three EL trophies in a row. Sevilla doesn't even have the resources of Atletico so competing for La Liga is just unrealistic. So Emery focused on delivering Cup trophies and has been arguably one of the most successful managers in the modern era at tournament football, if not the best considering the resources at his disposal.

That's why this year cemented my desire for Emery over other contenders for our manager because that focus is exactly what we need.

footydroid

And fair play to them , I won't take that away from them but the reason they are in this comp is they were ordinary in the CL. Their away form in La liga has been deplorable - that's mental issue in itself .
Tbf its no shame to finish third in a group with Juventus(last years finalists) and City(this year's semi). It was probably the toughest group in CL.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom