• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Europa League: PSV Eindoven 2 - 0 Arsenal | Thursday 27th, October | KO: 17:45 BST | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

63BAA43B-8CE7-43BD-ACB0-DE0B4A8E7B87.jpeg

Screenshot-20221023-175107.png

Screenshot-20221023-175455.png

Play the reserve side. Get a draw at Eindoven. See you later.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
First few games of the season we were quite good at overloading one side of the pitch and then trying to switch play. We don’t seem to be doing that any more, not sure why.

Still don’t have a full view on what’s going yet. Need to see more of this, which we will be seeing now.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
These Europa League games mostly shows how weak our midfield is.

You take out either Partey or Xhaka and it's over for us, the defense gets exposed and the attack has nothing going. There is 0 competition in the middle of the parc.

We are missing 2 premier league level players in the middle. Lokonga is not Arsenal level. Not even close.
Midfield has been pathetic for a decade. When are we going to sort it out?

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Still don’t have a full view on what’s going yet. Need to see more of this, which we will be seeing now.
Part of me wonders if it’s actually intentional by Arteta and co. In that he expects our plan A to beat 90% of teams and sticks with it. Games against pool and Sp**s for example we’ve seen small tactical tweaks that have made a big difference. Against pool was pushing the wingers up and ramsdale kicking long to negate their press. Against Sp**s it was even more subtle - just a few overlapping runs from the normally inverted Ben white. Anyway point being he clearly has some tricks up his sleeve. I wonder if he just holds them back for the big games for fear of them being studied and countered as well.

Guess we’ll find out soon enough!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The midfield is seriously need depth Partey and Xhaka first they closing to thier 30's and Partey is just injury waiting to happen in anytime the January can't come soon enough i even praying Elneny comeback quick that how bad the situation. Lokonga just not achieving the expectations.

Also xhaka and Partey last 2 games the heavy fixture they start feeling it i don't know how both will escape the world cup without injury specially Partey.

Also winger is a must we going from Saka Martinelli to Nelson and Marquinhos this so unacceptable not disrespecting both but they clearly not top level players.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
We're too quick to write off players.
I wrote him off after the villa game… at least as a 6. He showed no defensive awareness in that game and was just lucky that villa are rubbish. Was dreading seeing him against Utd. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses. I don’t want a repeat of the denilson denial years.

Cut and run.

1666902260933.gif

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Yes me too glad it's over and i think we done acceptable job and didn't have so many injures. Still we got 4 games remaining in 2 weeks the fixture been intense.
Of the remaining before world cup:

Forest- win
Zurich- win
Wolves - win
Brighton (cup)- lose put out the under 15s or whatever
Chelsea - draw/win

Would be an incredible end to this time before the world cup. Even a loss against Chelsea wouldn't be the end of the world.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Of the remaining before world cup:

Forest- win
Zurich- win
Wolves - win
Brighton (cup)- lose put out the under 15s or whatever
Chelsea - draw/win

Would be an incredible end to this time before the world cup. Even a loss against Chelsea wouldn't be the end of the world.
Wow we play the useless cup too i forget about it so 5 games in 2 weeks lol. If we manage to go to world cup with 34 points minimum I'd be very satisfied.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Wow we play the useless cup too i forget about it so 5 games in 2 weeks lol. If we manage to go to world cup with 34 points minimum I'd be very satisfied.
Yeah it would be an excellent position to be in. 7 points from those last 3 league games a must in my eyes after last weekends **** result. Really need a statement win this weekend. Which I don't think we will get but 3 points all that matters I suppose.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Yeah it would be an excellent position to be in. 7 points from those last 3 league games a must in my eyes after last weekends **** result. Really need a statement win this weekend. Which I don't think we will get but 3 points all that matters I suppose.
Just need points i really don't care about performance much all the teams in thier last bit of energy still would be welcomed if we could put 3 past Nottingham and Zurich before playing Chelsea

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
The thing with these type of games where you only need a point is you have to either park the bus and try to completely shut the opposition out, a bit like we did at Anfield in the cup last season, or you play your natural game, take it to them and go for the win. You can’t be half and half or in between. That was our main problem today I feel.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Just need points i really don't care about performance much all the teams in thier last bit of energy still would be welcomed if we could put 3 past Nottingham and Zurich before playing Chelsea

I get what you’re saying the problem is performances are conducive to results. We’re not the sort of team that can grind out results through sheer grit, determination and street smarts when we need them. It’s not a coincidence that since our performance levels have dropped the results haven’t been anywhere near as good recently.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I have said it before, but it's a Godsend in hindsight that we bottled 4th last season...would have been ****ed if we were in it now.

We basically culled the squad down to like only 11 very good players last season, we went for a reset...which in fairness, is kinda working...

2021/2022...small squad due to no Europe, get back in the Top 6 after two years of being crap, build it from there.

2022/2023...start to beef up the squad (Jesus, Zinchecko, Saliba returning etc) get younger players games in a less demanding European comp either to get them ready for the Champions League next season or to sell.

Imagine us in a Champions League group with Elneny out since his injury, Partey would have had to play every match...one of his legs would have exploded by now, ffs 😅

Our squad would have been ****ed if we got 4th last season, we wouldn't have been able do bring in the amount of players we would need either, would have been too much for just 1 window.

NEED some signings before next season, past our 11 in certain areas is not Champions League quality.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The thing with these type of games where you only need a point is you have to either park the bus and try to completely shut the opposition out, or you play your natural game, take it to them and try to win the match. You can’t be half and half or in between. That was our main problem today I feel.
I think it was an okay game-plan to have possession, take it slow, not strain our players too much.

Martinelli & Ødegaard didn't take their chances. Then Sambi jogged and Partey didn't get a chance to get in before the 1-0 goal.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I have said it before, but it's a Godsend in hindsight that we bottled 4th last season...would have been ****ed if we were in it now.

We basically culled the squad down to like only 11 very good players last season, we went for a reset...which in fairness, is kinda working...

2021/2022...small squad due to no Europe, get back in the Top 6 after two years of being crap, build it from there.

2022/2023...start to beef up the squad (Jesus, Zinchecko, Saliba returning etc) get younger players games in a less demanding European comp either to get them ready for the Champions League next season or to sell.

Imagine us in a Champions League group with Elneny out since his injury, Partey would have had to play every match...one of his legs would have exploded by now, ffs 😅

Our squad would have been ****ed if we got 4th last season, we wouldn't have been able do bring in the amount of players we would need either, would have been too much for just 1 window.

NEED some signings before next season, past our 11 in certain areas is not Champions League quality.
Great point, the process isn't that far yet. But one point is that they tried to buy Luiz as an emergency buy for 25 million, and UCL is worth like 30 million? So they would have bought at least a top midfielder if we had got top 4.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I get that you’re saying but the reality is performances are conducive to results. We’re not the sort of team that can grind out results through sheer grit, determination and street smarts when we need them. It’s not a coincidence that since our performance levels have dropped the results haven’t been as anywhere near as good recently.
We just not clinical that results not been coming. If you miss chances will cost you we been creating so many alot of chances per game so we have not to worry about this yet we just need to score like first 10 games in season.

Moviegooner

Speedy recovery Pablo!
I was at the game. Such a shame we couldn't complete the revenge from 15 years ago.

Again a terrible second half. Everyone was bad. This is concerning.
Sambi needs a loan asap. We need a plan b in the attacking department.

Hopefully we bounce back with big victorys against Nottingham Forrest and Zurich. COYG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom