• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Europa League: PSV Eindoven 2 - 0 Arsenal | Thursday 27th, October | KO: 17:45 BST | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

63BAA43B-8CE7-43BD-ACB0-DE0B4A8E7B87.jpeg

Screenshot-20221023-175107.png

Screenshot-20221023-175455.png

Play the reserve side. Get a draw at Eindoven. See you later.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Bro please go read my posts on transfer thread recently and on let’s all laugh at Sp**s you are one of few on here who knows football tactics go look at my critique of this moronic 90s ball system. We need Anguissa, McKennie, and Zaha. Please read last few pages of Edu and Sp**s thread and give me your input. These kids on here just dont have the knowledge to understand logic and football tactics
I'm not sure we're all kids on here man. I'm certainly not !!!

malik180

Wheels are starting to come off a little. Think I would welcome the World Cup break. We really need to just push through and win the next 2 games which are decent fixtures to be fair

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Wheels are starting to come off a little. Think I would welcome the World Cup break. We really need to just push through and win the next 2 games which are decent fixtures to be fair
Some of us stated this weird two attack midfielder no defensive midfield system was not sustainable. 3 straight matches against inferior teams and they controlled the matches. We had zero midfield control. If we don’t strengthen middle this January and Arteta doesn’t buy a second Partey level DM this team will collapse again like second half of last year. The fixtures have been a cake walk compared to what post WC fixtures will be. We are frankly the easiest team I have seen in Europe to counter.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The problems we face aren’t just fatigue, they are more tactical. We haven’t suddenly become too tired in games, just a few games after facing and beating a high pressure, top team like Liverpool. A team who we suffered under in the first half, and then dominated in the second, when we would have been more tired.

Our problems seem to come from being denied space and time on the ball, with our midfielders not been given any time to turn, our wide players being surrounded out wide, severely reducing running entry into the box from or low crosses from wide areas. PSV last night were also quick to take advantage of us losing the ball and attacking our last line.

So the coming break won’t help if we don’t deal with these tactical adjustments from opposition teams. Leeds, Southampton to a lesser degree, and now PSV are building on a way to stop us playing. Other teams will continue to use this until we beat it.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Had a rewatch of our game this morning, so could focus more on the game. Last night, had one eye on the game and another on a small get together at home.

PSV played a really good counter attacking game last night. Kept it very tight between their lines, and focused on quick transitions when we lost the ball. In transition, Xavi Simons, Gakpo and Luke De Jong later on, really troubled our defense with their positioning, hold up play (in De Jong's case) and running off the ball. Saliba for example, really struggled with Simons and his general positioning, which was slightly ahead of our last line.

In their defensive shape, PSV made sure to block off the space between their center back and left and right fullback. That left halfspace (from our point of view), where Xhaka likes to make runs into, was not available last night. There was a clear effort to not get pulled out of shape in those areas, giving us runs into the box.

Out wide, we were constantly faced with 2v1 situations for both Martinelli and Vieira, due to Tomi and Tierney being occupied by their high attackers (Xavi and Gakpo). This again prevented us from stretching their last line and creating spaces in the box to attack.

I think the most important factor was our lack of good possession and lack of clinical finishing when in central areas. We simply lost the ball far too many times in central zones, and when in high quality zones, we simply werent good enough to get the ball over the line.

Our first XI remains excellent, but the drop off beyond that is still clear. To be fair to our second string team, the game PSV played last night is very difficult to beat, if you arent at your best. Not many teams will be able to go there and win without a well oiled XI on the field.

All that said, I cant see PSV going to Bodo and winning next week. They play a similar, tight, well organised defensive/counter attack game to what we saw PSV do last night.

There wer some positives on the night however. Our last line is well organised for starters, PSV had so many offsides because we are very disciplined and aware of our positioning at the back. Also, our build up play, even with our second string team, is still very good. We may have not been able to take advantage of the tight spaces in the middle and final third, but we were able to enter those central zones with our variations in buildup. That is a good sign.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So.. if Arsenal would have scored one away goal, losing 2-1, a draw from Zurich would have been enough? Would have been important to achieve.

Arteta went with a similar strength squad as at home, basically playing Holding, Sambi, Nketiah and Vieira instead of starting quality or experience.

1. Points in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  2. Goal difference in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  3. Goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  4. Away goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
Do you think we need a striker like Giroud? Yesterday in the 2nd half, when De jong coming, he had an assist and a goal. He made a difference.
If this season Eddie doesn't show how is he good, maybe he will be replaced by Balogun or another striker the next season

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I didn’t catch the game but I see that we went into it at the top of our group table with around 6 or 7 regular first team starters. This is in the middle of a busy schedule when we’re already top of the group.

This squad has no depth and Arteta isn’t good at resting first choice players. That’s going to be a recipe for disaster at some point.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Some of us stated this weird two attack midfielder no defensive midfield system was not sustainable. 3 straight matches against inferior teams and they controlled the matches. We had zero midfield control. If we don’t strengthen middle this January and Arteta doesn’t buy a second Partey level DM this team will collapse again like second half of last year. The fixtures have been a cake walk compared to what post WC fixtures will be. We are frankly the easiest team I have seen in Europe to counter.
How have you come to that conclusion???? We had 66% possession and more shots on goal. We were not clinical or agressive enough in front of goal. Nketiah should have scored IMO.
PSVARS.JPG

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Serious question, do you guys think I should get involved with football in some way or another. I know sometimes I joke but my talent ID seems to be exceptional. The early calls I made show incredible vision.

- Ramsdale a passion merchant, nothing more.
- Lokonga a lazy bum
- Tierney, overrated, not top 6 level.
- Vieira not good enough and certainly not what we needed.
- Hickey, trash.
ESR - Jury is out, plays too safe and struggles with stamina.
- Scamacca, not good enough.
- Always spoken well of Xhaka
- Ben White > Tomiyasu
- Gabriel good but will always have rash moments due to his coordination and the speed at which his minds works.

It is a gift.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Just caught up with the game, didn’t manage to watch it yesterday but boiiiiiiiiiii we’re in trouble I think. It feels like when we played Newcastle last season when we didn’t know where the goals were going to come from.

Go and watch the first half against Crystal Palace earlier in the season then have a look at last night, the intensity to our game just doesn’t seem to be matching up. Forest will be a straightforward W but I see us either drawing or on the end of a good beating at the Stamford Bridge. Our attackers look shot of confidence as the goals have dried up. The warning signs were there from that Leeds game.

Need to ride through these next few fixtures then hope to strengthen in January.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Just caught up with the game, didn’t manage to watch it yesterday but boiiiiiiiiiii we’re in trouble I think. It feels like when we played Newcastle last season and didn’t know where the goal were going to come from.

Go and watch the first half against Crystal Palace earlier in the season then have a look at last night, the intensity to our game just doesn’t seem to be matching up. Forest will be a straightforward W but I see us either drawing or on the end of a good beating at the Stamford Bridge. Our attackers look shot of confidence as the goals have dried up.

Need to ride through these next few fixtures then hope to strengthen in January.
Fatigue. Jesus, Martinelli and Xhaka have been overused, especially the latter two. But, that’s the position they left themselves in when they decided to not sign a winger and CM.

3 important league games to get through now, lets hope for 6 points minimum.

TheGreatWright8

Player:Jesus
Just caught up with the game, didn’t manage to watch it yesterday but boiiiiiiiiiii we’re in trouble I think. It feels like when we played Newcastle last season when we didn’t know where the goals were going to come from.

Go and watch the first half against Crystal Palace earlier in the season then have a look at last night, the intensity to our game just doesn’t seem to be matching up. Forest will be a straightforward W but I see us either drawing or on the end of a good beating at the Stamford Bridge. Our attackers look shot of confidence as the goals have dried up. The warning signs were there from that Leeds game.

I think Forest have a great chance of getting a result interesting views though.

TheGreatWright8

Fatigue. Jesus, Martinelli and Xhaka have been overused, especially the latter two. But, that’s the position they left themselves in when they decided to not sign a winger and CM.

Very lucky to get even that

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

They’ve impressed me this season but I’ll go back to my original point I made in the summer that there aren’t enough goals in that front line. I guess people will say nobody expected us to be top of the PL at the end of October but it’s a little disappointing that we left ourselves short as this could have been an exceptional season had we addressed all of our issues in the summer window.

Very naive from the club to go into a season with just Jesus, Zinchenko and Saliba as our main additions to the squad especially with the added Europa League football to our schedule. Last season we were very fortunate to not have European football to play and could survive with a thin squad but ultimately that has cost us here.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I think Forest have a great chance of getting a result interesting views though.
Oddly enough I’m more worried about Forest than Chelsea. Our mentality monsters seem to really turn up against big sides this season.

This is also why I think the “fatigue” is more mental than physical. We need to find new ways of motivating the players. Arteta needs a lightbulb moment…

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
They’ve impressed me this season but I’ll go back to my original point I made in the summer that there aren’t enough goals in that front line. I guess people will say nobody expected us to be top of the PL at the end of October but it’s a little disappointing that we left ourselves short as this could have been an exceptional season had we addressed all of our issues in the summer window.

Very naive from the club to go into a season with just Jesus, Zinchenko and Saliba as our main additions to the squad especially with the added Europa League football to our schedule. Last season we were very fortunate to not have European football to play and could survive with a thin squad but ultimately that has cost us here.
I get your point, but like you said, nobody expected us to be top of the league so we are still doing well. We just need to get through these 3 games and still be in a solid position for the top 4. Vital we add 2 players minimum in January. I have no issues with the starting 11. The back up is non existent though.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Oddly enough I’m more worried about Forest than Chelsea. Our mentality monsters seem to really turn up against big sides this season.

This is also why I think the “fatigue” is more mental than physical. We need to find new ways of motivating the players. Arteta needs a lightbulb moment…
I’m worried about this one too. They’ve been a lot tighter of late, haven’t conceded many. Plus, what are the odds that spanner Lingard decides to show up vs us.

My concern is we have a lot of the tougher top half/mid table fixtures to come, Newcastle, Everton etc… but at least that’s after the World Cup.

TheGreatWright8

They also need to find there shooting boots conceding alot & not being ruthless infront of goal doesn't bode well for CL chances at all.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I get your point, but like you said, nobody expected us to be top of the league so we are still doing well. We just need to get through these 3 games and still be in a solid position for the top 4. Vital we add 2 players minimum in January. I have no issues with the starting 11. The back up is non existent though.

Still think we should have taken full advantage when this sort of opportunity arose nevertheless it’ll be a great season if we remain in the top 2, not too fussed about the Europa League if I’m honest.

Agree with you that the back up players are non existent but it’s not like we didn’t know this last season and we still failed to address it. I’d say even particular members of the first eleven can be upgraded on, there are obvious candidates but A-M already know my stance on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom