• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Expectations from Emery's first season, 2018/19

What are your expectations of the new manager's first season with us?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Oh right so we went for top four for prestige I get it now....
Flying business class/First etc is only good for the length of the flight (and it can be pretty damn poor on short haul flights, glorified exit seats), its the holiday after that matters mate.
Also the business class w**ker is probably splooging all his budget on that flight to look good mainly alongside eating **** western food, staying in sterile western style hotels etc at the other end when he could be getting down with the locals. Basically being the crappiest type of tourist possible with no ambition, imagination or intent to actually experience anything different.
That is good way to sum up Arsenal in the last 10 years methinks.
What the hell does prestige or money get us as fans as return for our hard earned?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Also the business class w**ker is probably splooging all his budget on that flight to look good mainly alongside eating **** western food, staying in sterile western style hotels etc at the other end when he could be getting down with the locals. Basically being the crappiest type of tourist possible with no ambition, imagination or intent to actually experience anything different.
That is good way to sum up Arsenal in the last 10 years methinks.
That is one type of business class ******.

We want to be the type who can afford it and who moves seamlessly between cultures getting the very best from all of them.

shootxhakashoot

That is one type of business class ******.

We want to be the type who can afford it and who moves seamlessly between cultures getting the very best from all of them.
We're competing with the other type of business class ****** mate. We need to street fight not ponce around. We cant afford to just splooge on the best in every position for pure one upmanship on some occasions. Man U buying Sanchez, (our best player) being perfect example of one up manship, they only signed him to finger up to city basically.
Business class wankerism there of the highest order.

Last edited:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We're competing with the other type of business class ****** mate. We need to street fight not ponce around. We cant afford to just splooge on the best in every position for pure one upmanship on some occasions. Man U buying Sanchez, (our best player) being perfect example of one up manship, they only signed him to finger up to city basically.
Business class wankerism there of the highest order.
Don't get too cut up with the analogy. The whole point was that getting top four puts you in a world of money which you need to survive in football these days.

Me I want trophies.

shootxhakashoot

Don't get too cut up with the analogy. The whole point was that getting top four puts you in a world of money which you need to survive in football these days.

Me I want trophies.
Great because thats the main reason for being a football supporter of any club,why bother otherwise? For too long we'd been trapped as fans by a manager who thinks 4th place playing pretty football was a trophy and managed to get a ( now small) minority of fans into believing that that was the height of ambition for a fan as well. Took all the fun out of Arsenal for me because what are we without hopes and dreams? Even if they are unrealistic it's what separates us from a machine. We would have "survived" just as well in 10th place as a club but survival and money made for the shareholders is not the point for me as a fan.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
20 feckin years Wenger ran this place. That’s a hella lot of history, procedecures, methods & legacy attitudes to unpick. With or without bringing in your own cronies to support you.

Very few expectations for next season. It’s a seismic shift for the club in the midst of one of the most competitive eras for top 4 ever.

I’m fact. I’m just gonna relaaaaax.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member

I think majority would agree with you Fact, since like you said this transition will take some time. Ofcourse we should expect a good return given Emery's record and the names we have in our team, but the coaching aspect for them to fully play how he wants will take some time.

Tbh Fact, I think the club is willing to back him for atleast 2 years. I believe he won't get dropped and will at the very least last 5 years here. The only expectation I have is to play beautiful football or at the very least have some good defensive discipline. The rest I feel can take care of itself.

FreakySami

20 feckin years Wenger ran this place. That’s a hella lot of history, procedecures, methods & legacy attitudes to unpick. With or without bringing in your own cronies to support you.

Very few expectations for next season. It’s a seismic shift for the club in the midst of one of the most competitive eras for top 4 ever.

I think you're wrong. I think the club already have moved on from their transfer policies, recruitment process has probably already changed a little. There seems also work being done in terms of youth development.

Even most of the player personnel has been changed which is good. Only thing we need to address is being addressed. Good dm/cm and cb . Add a winger and potentially a goalkeeper abs we are good for the next 3 years bar good opportunities.

I think as professional footballer it's easier to learn by being pointed your mistakes however that doesn't usually stick because then you don't notice it and it's not as ingrained into you. So I think Emery will change that aspect in the players. I think people overestimate the high energy teams. They don't last long and require replenishing. I think that's what we're aiming for.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Top 4 at expense of Sp*rs and one of Liverpool/Chelsea would be great.
Kind of has to be one of them doesn't it. Can't see the Manchester clubs dropping out soon.

I expect our midfield to be more sorted. From that stems so many problems. Wenger wasn't that wrong when he said this team has potential for greatness. We all agree we need a couple of key players but with some more grit and drilling I see the current squad at least making top 4.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Heard that question on an Arseblog open line/podcast yesterday as well.
Let me give it a shot:
I want to be realistic, the title is way above our reach at this point.
First, I would like for us to improve our league position from last season. (5th or even 4th)
Second, would be happy to see us have a better road record.
Third, I would like to see improvement in a number of players, particularly the younger guys as well as our general play.
That for me will be a good base to move forward and reach higher in the years to come.

PS. I also think we should focus on the Europa. May be an easier way to get back to CL. Emery has won it three times as well. He should keep it as a priority.

Last edited:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I can see a Mourinho implosion happening at Manu. This season or the next.

Interesting to see so many posters back a Top Four place over a cup. The spirit of the Fourth Place Trophy lives on!!!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Interesting to see so many posters back a Top Four place over a cup. The spirit of the Fourth Place Trophy lives on!!!
Well look how vital the top four is to the status of this club. 3 FA cups in 4 years didn't propel us to equal heights that falling out of of the UCL has dropped us to.

shootxhakashoot

And quite possibly a Chelsea one soon enough as well now the Russian has had visa privileges revoked and players have turned on Conte. With a bit of luck Pool will lose Salah and Sp**s form will run out next year too. Then just city to contend with. Things can turn around quickly!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
And quite possibly a Chelsea one soon enough as well now the Russian has had visa privileges revoked and players have turned on Conte. With a bit of luck Pool will lose Salah and Sp**s form will run out next year too. Then just city to contend with. Things can turn around quickly!
I have a premonition that we will destroy City 4-1 on the opening day of the new season.

shootxhakashoot

Well look how vital the top four is to the status of this club. 3 FA cups in 4 years didn't propel us to equal heights that falling out of of the UCL has dropped us to.
Sp**s are not particularly celebrating top four. It wasnt and never has been a trophy and also doesnt effect our prestige in the short term as things stand for me. We've just seemingly been programmed to believe it is the be all and end all by media and former management. A new manager, project and change at the club and hey presto we are attractive to players again. Hence Auba signing in Jan, nobody seriously thinks he was signed to benefit Wenger....?

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom