• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win FA Cup 3rd Round: Oxford 0 - 3 Arsenal | Monday 9th, January | KO: 20:00 | ITV

Status
Not open for further replies.
FmDXpBMWYAQ3ypY

Screenshot-20230105-114634.png

Just play the second strings. Hopefully the injury returnees can use this to get some minutes in their legs.

Screenshot-20230105-115610.png

4a1f9adb-276c-4d21-9fbe-404651543721.png

Prediction
Oxford 0-3 Arsenal

No repeat of the Nottingham Forest debacle

Arteta speaks

Last edited by a moderator:

rockofcashel

I totally get that but my point is the fact that different games in the FA Cup are being refereed differently. That strikes at the integrity of the competition.

They're not being refereed differently.. its just some grounds have better technology available than others.. if its there, why wouldn't/shouldn't it be used

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

They're not being refereed differently.. its just some grounds have better technology available than others.. if its there, why wouldn't/shouldn't it be used

By definition, having VAR brings a different dimension into refereeing; ergo, these games are being refereed differently.

When the VAR feed broke down away at Leeds, the game was postponed/delayed *specifically* to ensure VAR worked - the reason being that you could not have a PL game refereed differently. One of Eddie's goals vs Oxford would have likely been ruled out for offside. That can be the difference between the title, a CL spot, relegation etc.

It's just bonkers that you would have a competition with such obvious differences in officiating.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
By definition, having VAR brings a different dimension into refereeing; ergo, these games are being refereed differently.

When the VAR feed broke down away at Leeds, the game was postponed/delayed *specifically* to ensure VAR worked - the reason being that you could not have a PL game refereed differently. One of Eddie's goals vs Oxford would have likely been ruled out for offside. That can be the difference between the title, a CL spot, relegation etc.

It's just bonkers that you would have a competition with such obvious differences in officiating.
I agree,.for example var is making linesmen redundant and usually you see them being coward to put the flag up. They just wait for the VAR.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

I get what you’re saying but I think you’re blowing it out of proportion somewhat.

I’d argue the quality of some of the pitches of the lower league teams compared to our luscious carpet have a bigger impact on the football than VAR. But we wouldn’t campaign to have all the games held at the Emirates would we.

Would we? Hmm…

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
You see **** like that in every game. Are other clubs getting charged for this **** and it just doesn't get reported?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wtf going on here? What complaints? Few player's told the ref that it touched opposition player hand then moved on?

I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous you can't be that sensitive

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Jesus Christ we are absolutely hated by them. It all stems from Fergie, Riley and to a lesser extent Webb and the media.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I just don't understand it because what we do most clubs players does that or worse.

Fully expected some dodgy decisions for Sp**s against us.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What a ****ing joke the FA in England are, ffs.

Can't even try and hide their bias can they, hope every English official gets abuse until they are mentally broken to be honest....****s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom