• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuBB

He's a genuine case of blocking the development of academy players. Simply not good enough to get in the way.

I agree with this in theory, but besides two 16 year olds, there isn't or hasn't been an academy player breaking down the door in a while.

When academy players are ready to come through, they will.

Even the Balogun drum that everyone was banging on has gone absolutely silent since he left. Not saying he isn't good, or isn't doing well, but people were adamant that we kept the wrong one but since he left I haven't heard a peep (good or bad) about him. Which goes to show that the internal and external hype machine of a big club does more for a player's reputation than their actual ability.

Before then it's all just fans wishcasting and projecting without any knowledge or insight. Because the idea of a linear progression and an academy player coming good is more theory than reality.

For every 1 Saka (generational/starter) there's 10 Miguel Azeezs (hype jobs) and 500 Benik Afobes (instantly forgotten).

But before they actually play fans think they're all potential Sakas.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

When academy players are ready to come through, they will.

Its impossible to know if they are ready or not if they dont get opportunities. The problem with the loser in charge isnt that he doesnt promote youngsters, the problem is that he doesnt want to give them proper opportunities.
Hale End is completely redundant and Mertesscker have no useful role as long as he is here.
Gibbs was better than that ugly crybaby Zinchenko btw. And Balogun have 3 goals and 1 assist in 9 games but he is still adjusting as Monaco play in different way than Reims. I would replace any of our strikers with him.

MA08

Its impossible to know if they are ready or not if they dont get opportunities. The problem with the loser in charge isnt that he doesnt promote youngsters, the problem is that he doesnt want to give them proper opportunities.
Hale End is completely redundant and Mertesscker have no useful role as long as he is here.
Gibbs was better than that ugly crybaby Zinchenko btw. And Balogun have 3 goals and 1 assist in 9 games but he is still adjusting as Monaco play in different way than Reims. I would replace any of our strikers with him.
what a trash take!! Gibbs better than Zinchenko ??

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill

Translation: “I have it in for Zinchenko because of his support for Israel so I’m just going to denigrate him to make myself feel better”

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Closing Time GIF by HISTORY UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom