• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Not sure what's all this discussion about, he played for 10 minutes only.

What bothers me is that we've heavily invested in squad players (Vieira, Trossard, Jorginho), and they don't play even when starters are tired and out of form. For that money, we could've signed 1 top player and at least use him

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

What bothers me is that we've heavily invested in squad players (Vieira, Trossard, Jorginho), and they don't play even when starters are tired and out of form. For that money, we could've signed 1 top player and at least use him
Not having that. Jorginho was 10m and its been two league games since he signed. Trossard was 25m changed the game vs United and scored yesterday. Vieira had a broken leg, no pre season and hasn't had any run of games to build match fitness. He is the only one that has the jury out on him atm.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

This guy is a certified bum. I already wrote that he wouldn’t produce a decent cross when he lined up for that free kick and wouldn’t you know.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Trossard and Jorginho are new, guys like Vieira were signed to be an asset long term. Our squad was not assembled for a title race, we are a year or two early.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I can forgive Vieira this season, it's more frustrating that he's our only alternative to Ødegaard or Xhaka currently. It's why I've said I wouldn't mind Trossard being tried there if we're chasing a goal purely because it seems like he's got the attributes for it. At this time you're bringing on Vieira and hoping he might do something but he's not there yet.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He’s clearly talented and needs time, I suppose the shame is that in important seasons like this one you need your backup players to contribute, you can’t just rely on the first XI. Vieira not really making an impact, Lokonga didn’t, Nelson, Marquinhos, ESR haven’t. That’s a lot of backups not really doing anything useful.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Let’s be real. We are in the midst of a title charge and unfortunately I think it’s a bit too soon for Vieira to be a reliable option for us. That’s not his fault because we didn’t envision our position here.

Buhry

Established Member

He’s clearly talented and needs time, I suppose the shame is that in important seasons like this one you need your backup players to contribute, you can’t just rely on the first XI. Vieira not really making an impact, Lokonga didn’t, Nelson, Marquinhos, ESR haven’t. That’s a lot of backups not really doing anything useful.

Where is the clear talent? He's looked pretty bad in almost every game I've seen him for us. Sure he's had a couple of good moments here and there (his shooting technique actually does look good) but his all round play has been very poor imo. The guy was getting bullied for 60 minutes by oxford ffs. And it's not just about physicality, he misplaces simple passes and can't dribble out of pressure at all which I would expect a small ''technical'' player to be good at (like you can easily see trossard obviously is). Being a liability 90% of the time then occasionally popping a good shot off is not enough, especially not playing in a central role.

Looks like the ''we have bernardo silva at home'' ordered from wish.com version so far.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Where is the clear talent? He's looked pretty bad in almost every game I've seen him for us. Sure he's had a couple of good moments here and there (his shooting technique actually does look good) but his all round play has been very poor imo.
I also don't understand that part, David Silva, Cazorla, Modric, and Bernardo Silva... they were so much better already at that age and they improved even more later in their careers. With this guy, other than a few nice passes here and there I don't see even a fraction of the talent of the guys I've mentioned above

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Not sure about this kid tbh. Feel that the 35m could have gone towards a much better player. Don’t really see it with him.

scytheavatar

Established Member
He has a high ceiling but my god he needs to improve his physical level. Tired of seeing us purchase lightweight midfielders.

Vieira is 22 years old, he is not some 17 year old youngster. Can you think of a player who is lightweight at 22 years old yet became way more of a tank latter in his career? Cause I can't.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Vieira is 22 years old, he is not some 17 year old youngster. Can you think of a player who are lightweight at 22 years old yet became way more of a tank latter in his career? Cause I can't.
He doesn’t need to become a tank. That would actually be counterproductive but he weighs 58kg at 5ft 7 which is miniscule even for an ectomorph.

With a strength focused training program and nutrition plan he could easily gain 10kg of lean muscle mass & improve his core strength without losing any muscle endurance or agilty in less than a year.

There are people who aren’t professional athletes, well into their 30s and don’t have access to world class nutritionists & fitness coaches who achieve that.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
He doesn’t need to become a tank. That would actually be counterproductive but he weighs 58kg at 5ft 7 which is miniscule even for an ectomorph.

With a strength focused training program and nutrition plan he could easily gain 10kg of lean muscle mass & improve his core strength without losing any muscle endurance or agilty in less than a year.

There are people who aren’t professional athletes, well into their 30s and don’t have access to world class nutritionists & fitness coaches who achieve that.
not sure what sports science is like in the PL? In the USA, its obviously a massive thing across a number of sports, and even in Australian sports, you tend to see massive transformations in physique of relatively skinny youngsters (for the sports they are playing) over an off season in rugby league and AFL.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Dude Vieira came for Porto......... you seriously think the coaches in Porto are so incompetent that they can have Vieira gain 10kg of muscle mass easily with no drawbacks and decide not to?

Bradpiff

He either needs a full season away getting game time on loan or needs to be sold cause how he is now he ain’t it

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom