• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fasting month for Muslim(Islamic) player...

do u think those muslim player will follow the rule ?

• yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Impossible~! :(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pv_ice

their can't eat and drink from 6am till 7+ pm... (for 1 month)
but as a footballer how can their didn't drink or eat during and after the match or during training ?
for example : kolo toure...

or the just break the rule ? :shock:

Jinn

Established Member
Interesting poll. I think he'll break the rule though.

I'm not an expert however.

Arsene

Have you ever played a 90 minute top class football game?

Because i'll tell you what you have to drink at least water to get through it.

Senght

Arsène said:
Have you ever played a 90 minute top class football game?

Because i'll tell you what you have to drink at least water to get through it.

Yes, of course. I think Wenger will leave Toure out for that fasting month?

nosneb

arent people whose jobs require intense physical exertion allowed to not adhere to the fasting rule? or at least "postpone" it (to the off-season?)

patrick42uk

Established Member
toure will eat and drink. he as already spoken on this issue and he has said God will understand his situation.

lewdikris

Established Member
Non-starter - Fasting for Ramadan has at it's absolute centre that the fast should not endanger anyone's health. For a football player not to be correctly nourished around matches and training during the holy month, would probably really mess him up. In Ramadan you're supposed to be able to carry on your life, but make the fast part of it, as a dedication to god of obedience. If you simply can't do that, you can make your devotions by other means.

patrick42uk

Established Member
lewdikris said:
Non-starter - Fasting for Ramadan has at it's absolute centre that the fast should not endanger anyone's health. For a football player not to be correctly nourished around matches and training during the holy month, would probably really mess him up.

i remeber once i played football one afternoon for my school without having breakfast or lunch, by dinner time i passed out. wont advise toure to do it.

leongsh

lewdikris said:
Non-starter - Fasting for Ramadan has at it's absolute centre that the fast should not endanger anyone's health. For a football player not to be correctly nourished around matches and training during the holy month, would probably really mess him up. In Ramadan you're supposed to be able to carry on your life, but make the fast part of it, as a dedication to god of obedience. If you simply can't do that, you can make your devotions by other means.

lewdikris has put it very well based on what I understand of the fasting traditions of Muslims. A Muslim can be given leave to postpone their fasting days to other days if they have to perform strenous work during the fasting month.

IndoGunnerz

I recall Kareem Abdul Jabar was fasting while playing in NBA, and I can tell you that BasketBall requires a lot more energy than Football especially in NBA, so it's possible for a player to fast while playing ...

anyway, when in high school I always spend the time before noon playing Football ... it's a good timekiller while waiting for the time to eat again :D

Jinn

Established Member
IndoGunnerz said:
I recall Kareem Abdul Jabar was fasting while playing in NBA, and I can tell you that BasketBall requires a lot more energy than Football especially in NBA, so it's possible for a player to fast while playing ...

anyway, when in high school I always spend the time before noon playing Football ... it's a good timekiller while waiting for the time to eat again :D

I don't know about that. Basketball has timeouts, and quarters and substitutions, whereas in football there are only two halves, the pitch is massive, and substiutions are rare.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Basketball does NOT require a lot more energy than soccer (football).. footie players are some of the best conditioned athletes on the planet (with maybe the exception of boxers).... take it from someone who has played both sports.....

VCC

Jinn said:
I don't know about that. Basketball has timeouts, and quarters and substitutions, whereas in football there are only two halves, the pitch is massive, and substiutions are rare.

And besides that, an NBA basketball game only has 48 minutes of actual playing.

Jinn

Established Member
And when it gets to the end of a really close game, it just gets silly, with all the fouling and freethrows.

AFCG7

Established Member
as far as i know.. the only allowances made for missing a fast Islamically are for health reasons and for a travelling person.
I dont know if missing a fast because of playing football is a valid reason

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom