• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FC Barcelona: Mess Que Un Club

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Short and sweet: NO!

I really hope AW watched this semi-final and came to same conclusion as most of us surely did: "organized defence" that's what we need, our attack, even without several starters is quite good. We even had great defenders this season, but terrible unorganized defence.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
sammy89 said:
Really Clrnc? That's the only thing that Arsenal need to do to bridge the gap?
Obviously that isnt the only difference between us. Don't be lame. :wink:

qs

Established Member
P_Gunner said:
Barca are disgusting.

Police tried to arrest Eto'o the night before the game for not paying taxes.

Barca turned on the sprinklers where the Inter players were celebrating.

Barca fans camped out by Inter's hotel in an attempt to make the players get no sleep. Mourinho says he was still having fireworks hit his window at 4 in the morning.

They also attacked the car Mourinho was in before the game and tried to topple it over.

Its disgusting behavior from an arrogant club if you ask me.

And lets not forget their ties to Uzbeki dictatorships.

brady_style

Y va marquer said:
As a Manc pointed out to me this evening - people got a little carried away by notions of Barca's greatness when they beat Arsenal's "B" team...

Once I'd gotten over the annoyance at his daring to comment I had to admit that there is an element of truth in that.

Apart from in recent CL games I don't watch Barca but, given their performances against us and Inter, I would have to say that we made them look great and Inter made them look ordinary.

And they made United's A team look ordinary last May.

They've been a great team to watch for nigh on two years now ...

If one thing has let them down it's their squad .... they've ran out of steam at a crucial moment.

G0D

Almighty
Goonereagle said:
I'm still tryin' to get my head around the Zlatan-Eto'o deal. Surely a great club would not have had their pants pulled down so willingly.

There must be more to the picture than meets the eye as far as that transfer goes.

A great club with an inexperienced manager, Guardiola is certainly no great, and has made several mistakes.

brady_style

G0D said:
Goonereagle said:
I'm still tryin' to get my head around the Zlatan-Eto'o deal. Surely a great club would not have had their pants pulled down so willingly.

There must be more to the picture than meets the eye as far as that transfer goes.

A great club with an inexperienced manager, Guardiola is certainly no great, and has made several mistakes.

He's only won every competition he's entered playing a great game of attacking football mixed with a high intensity pressing game .....

hmmm i'd say he's kinda great now in all fairness.

abz_14

Regarding the Ibra-Etoo swap, I think it was more to do with Real Madrid spending millions on pretty much some of the best players in the world and Barca uhhh not spending. Think a lot of fan power went into that deal, Laporta trying to keep them happy and what not.

To be fair, Ibra is a pretty good striker, he just doesnt fit into that front three of Barca that was so good for them last year. All three of them were able to interchange at will, Henry would start off from the left, cut in, Messi would be centre 1 minute, right the next. Very hard to defend against.

Im pretty sure last years Barca would have walked yesterdays game as well.

Zico

Established Member
If I was Barca's sporting director, I would have done the Ibrahimovich deal. You have to remember that
1) Eto'o had been having problems with Barca management for years, and
2) Ibra offered the possibility of a player who could play carpet football and also give an aerial threat - sort of what we are hoping Bendtner will become in future.

As for the price, you pay what you can afford. People thought Ferguson was nuts when he paid big money for Ferdinand and Carrick, but each time he shelled out the duckets for those guys, he met a clear need and won the league. Imagine, for example, if we had bought Chamakh in January for 10 million pounds and won the league. It would have been financially risky at first, but in hindsight, we'd be calling Wenger a genius.

dreamLord

Established Member
One loss is all it took for the bitterness to unravel. I think some of you forget how they have beaten the top teams of Europe - the greatest, I don't know, but surely great.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Oh no....

Anyways.

I mean everyone knows Barca have been horrifically run for ages. Makes you sort of thankful we've got the Kroenkes who at worst you could say are a bit too passive and perhaps in the past could've been accused of lacking ambition.

Spot on, I been preaching this for a while now, yes the Kroenkes are not the ideal owners but they are far from the worst.

If it was a league table they would be mid-table with little pushes every now and then but they would never let Arsenal end up like Barca or some of the other ridiculous clubs.

Even Abramovich, for all the trophies etc that last year of his tenure is ridiculously embarrassing.

Watford another, constant sackings.

Theres just so many bad owners that again yeah ours arent the best but I'm quite happy we dont go through times of nonsense like others do.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Oh no....

Anyways.

I mean everyone knows Barca have been horrifically run for ages. Makes you sort of thankful we've got the Kroenkes who at worst you could say are a bit too passive and perhaps in the past could've been accused of lacking ambition.

American owners are like those fish that attach themselves to sharks.

Yes they’re along for the ride and don’t do anything but they don’t actually hurt you at least.

Barca meanwhile have got Wonga loans out to cover their Klarna payments. Giant house of cards.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think I dislike Barca more than any other club ( other than Sp**s obviously)

It's virtually a criminal enterprise as far as I can see that hides behind the 'More than a club' nonsense.

At least with PSG, Man City you pretty much know where you stand with them. Barca are more slimy.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom