• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 2008

Lukazan

Established Member
Downloaded the FIFA 08 demo for the PC and although it's very similar to 07, I like it. The edit mode sucks on FIFA 07 and I hope it's improved vastly for 08, although I doubt it will be, but the rest of the game was okay. PES have gotten away with re-releasing practically the same game for the past 3 years (and the next PES seems no different) so I guess FIFA can do it too.

I'm gonna download the next-gen version of FIFA for the PS3 tomorrow although I've heard some pretty bad things about it.

Rocafella

Established Member
Lukazan said:
PES have gotten away with re-releasing practically the same game for the past 3 years (and the next PES seems no different) so I guess FIFA can do it too.

The difference being Pro Evo is actually a good game. :wink:

Lukazan

Established Member
Still no excuse for how little they change from each version. For example, the ML has been practically the same since it was introduced. A travesty. There are so many possibilities for it which, if implemented, could make it such a better, more enjoyable experience. As it is they keep bringing out each PES with the same old ML and barely anyone I know even plays it because they've seen it all before. Infact, it's the same kind of story with the whole game. Each version is so similar to the last that you quickly become bored of it, and you've seen everything there is to offer within days of purchasing.

I don't play PES6 single player anymore because it's just a bore, and incredibly frustrating. I won't even get in to the AI and it's cheating (accuse me of being a poor player if you must) because I have before elsewhere, but it's a joke and quite blatant too. The passing system is woeful and slow and the players feel too slow and unresponsive. The shooting is a mess and is completely random depending on how the AI feels. Oh and finally, regarding PES, there is the penalty system.... :lol: is how I feel about it. Why there is no power bar or in the very least a few different types of penalty to take (chipped, placed or blasted) I don't know.

FIFA 07 was far from perfect. On the cosmetic side of things too many players look nothing like who they're supposed to be, and as I've said before the edit mode is such rubbish you can't really do anything about it. Gameplay wise, however, a few minor frustrations aside, they've got it just about right with 07 and it's an enjoyable game to play online (which really REALLY puts PES' effort thus far to shame) and offline. It appears FIFA 08 has stuck with the basic gameplay of 07 but they've tweaked enough things here and there for it to feel different. I'll be buying it for the online side of things if nothing else.

3 years ago I was an avid PES fan and wouldn't have dreamt of touching FIFA but slowly my feelings have changed and Konami just aren't doing enough to keep me hooked on PES. They've become lazy and seem content to rest on their laurels, more happy to waste time adding dog's heads to edit mode and the option to place your players in penguin suits or on raptors rather than improving the things that need improving. Badly.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Lukazan said:
They've become lazy and seem content to rest on their laurels, more happy to waste time adding dog's heads to edit mode and the option to place your players in penguin suits or on raptors rather than improving the things that need improving. Badly.

Adding diving to PES 2008 is a stupid idea too. :x

dos1986

Established Member
OneProudGooner said:
Lukazan said:
They've become lazy and seem content to rest on their laurels, more happy to waste time adding dog's heads to edit mode and the option to place your players in penguin suits or on raptors rather than improving the things that need improving. Badly.

Adding diving to PES 2008 is a stupid idea too. :x

Think its fab...

Imagine having a tournament at your house,8 mates,€20 each to enter and you dive in the final to win a penalty to take the lot :p

Good times ahead

Rocafella

Established Member
Except when you play online against people who've mastered it and win penalty after penalty or get your player sent off. Konami are idiots for putting it in.

Lukazan

Established Member
I imagine it's gonna be very difficult to win a penalty or free kick with a dive - Konami have even said this themselves. You'll have to time it perfectly. Now going on Konami's track record with online play in PES, I imagine this game will be just as laggy as the rest of them making it bloody impossible.

nazo

Established Member
I've played the demo (fifa 08) and it really is the exact same thing as fifa 07, except the through ball passes are annoying now. I'm not saying it's a bad game but there really isn't much of an improvement.

RC8

Established Member
I disagree, I think it's a much improved game. It's difficult to see why, but you can see during games that it's much more difficult to create goal-scoring chances, and that is definitely the way to go. The players' movement also improved, and it's much more difficult to dribble, so you won't see a player dribble past your whole team as often. I'm pleased with the changes. And I'm really looking forward to the "Be a Pro" mode. It really makes you feel like you are playing football.

You can change the through balls by changing it to non-assisted on controller options. I personally like it better that way.

illmatik

Established Member
The FIFA 08 demo on 360 is amazing. I'm addicted to it and its only a demo. The new "pro" camera angle is awesome and maks it much more realistic. Finally EA, job well done

No.8_Wright

I've played Fifa demo on PS3 and thought it was shocking. It was unbelievably annoying because it's so slow. Im just so used to Pro gameplay that this was a massive shock to the system. I kept with it thinking I may change my mind but I have reached the conclusion that it is bad.

The be a pro mode when you are Ronaldinho was great, quality in fact if you want it for this mode then get it but 11 vs 11 was terrible, slow, the passes just bobble towards your player and it is a big effort to play.

If your a fan of Pro Evo I would recommend waiting for that because this was awful.

Rocafella

Established Member
Lukazan said:
I imagine it's gonna be very difficult to win a penalty or free kick with a dive - Konami have even said this themselves. You'll have to time it perfectly. Now going on Konami's track record with online play in PES, I imagine this game will be just as laggy as the rest of them making it bloody impossible.

I've never had a problem playing PES online on my 360 in about 150 odd matches so unless you're specifically on about the PS2 version I'm not sure what the problem is, it's fine.

Lukazan

Established Member
Talking about the PC, PS2 and Xbox versions.

Wouldn't touch the Xbox 360 version with a barge pole, it's ****ing awful.

Just played the FIFA 2008 demo for the PS3 again.. my word it's awful. :lol: Tricks are nice but other than that it's a shocking pile of ****.

Rocafella

Established Member
I'll admit I much prefer the PS2 version as I've always been a big fan of the D-pad myself but there's no way I'm gonna shell out for the pile of crap that is a PS3 for that price just for the next Pro Evo. The 360 version isn't that bad. You seem to complain about every football game that's come out in the last 5 years.

Lukazan

Established Member
I do?

I liked PES3, 4 and 5. And I also liked FIFA 07 and FIFA 08 on the PC seems decent enough.

go49oner

Established Member
Lukazan said:
I do?

I liked PES3, 4 and 5. And I also liked FIFA 07 and FIFA 08 on the PC seems decent enough.

You cant beat #2. That game was masterpiece. as for the FIFA demo, I played it on my PS3 and it was awful. looks like i'll be skipping FIFA for anther year.

go49oner

Established Member
Lukazan said:
I do?

You cant beat #2. That game was masterpiece. as for the FIFA demo, I played it on my PS3 and it was awful. looks like i'll be skipping FIFA for anther year.

Lukazan

Established Member
go49oner said:
Lukazan said:
I do?

Yup, 2 was simply awesome. Mainly because it didn't take itself so seriously I suspect. The gameplay was fun, with friends or alone, and it just never got boring. Even now I sometimes crack it on and have a little game because it's just pure, simple fun.

Lukazan

Established Member
go49oner said:
Lukazan said:
I do?

Yup, 2 was simply awesome. Mainly because it didn't take itself so seriously I suspect. The gameplay was fun, with friends or alone, and it just never got boring. Even now I sometimes crack it on and have a little game because it's just pure, simple fun.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom