• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 2008

EJub

Lukazan said:
Think its fab...

Imagine having a tournament at your house,8 mates,€20 each to enter and you dive in the final to win a penalty to take the lot :p

Good times ahead

Is there an auto-dive setting for Chrissy Ronaldo?

nazo

Established Member
I'm in the process of 'buying' this. I'll see how it is then decide whether to 'donate' some money to the fabulous game makers :|

No.8_Wright

I just played the full version on the ps2 in HMV on Oxford Street and I have to say it's pretty immense to my shock!

It's alot quicker than in the demo, was very surpirsed at how bad Adebayor is 78 rating and Eduardo is 82.

Beat Chelsea 1-0 against the computer, well chuffed!

illmatik

Established Member
The whole Arsenal team got a pretty bad overall rating, Rosicky is an 86, the highest on our squad, RvP is an 82, and Cesc is an 85...anyway I dont care about it anymore, Arsenal always gets jibbed.

Gurgen

Established Member
Anyone play the Nintento DS version? Thinking about buying it but don't want to waste 35 euri if it's crap.

vanpersiethegoldenboy

Established Member
My God Ballack = 85 = Cesc :shock: we are sooo underrated and others overrated by same amount seriously since FIFA 2005 we havent been given deserved overalls!

DREVAK

Established Member
Come on, people, show a little impartiality. It is important for the supporters of a team to believe in it, but at the same time, I think it's just as important to face the facts, not to be blinded by anything. And while I'm not saying the ingame ratings are deserved or not, in the spirit of being impartial you all should remember one thing, it's a game. It's a game that has to be much simpler than reality. And the simplified fact is Chelsea were better than us last year. They finished second. Won two cups. That has to be reflected somehow in the game.

Personal feelings about individual players' ratings aside, Arsenal's players simply won't, in general, be rated higher than those of Manchester United. Even if we all thought otherwise and felt it was unjust. As I said, the game has to work with given, measurable things. It has to scale everything down to just a few numbers. And at the same time, it has to reflect how things happened in real life. When you take into account all of this, then there can be no other solution than for our players to have possibly worse ratings. The ratings will, on average and in general, of course, most probably consider United to be the best team, followed by Chelsea, and so on and so forth.

I'm absolutely sure that should Arsenal retain its current form, should Fabregas continue to play like he does – which is better than during last season, if only because of the goals, should all these and then some more things happen, the ratings next year will reflect that. Another thing that might ease your minds is that perhaps Fabregas' passing ability is high, but his heading will be poor. On the other hand Ballack would be quite fine in both these areas. And considering this logic, he might get a higher rating overall. If nothing else, then this single fact should be reason enough to accept the things the way they are.

vanpersiethegoldenboy

Established Member
no mate in 06 freddie was 83 lauren was 79
in 2005 we had best
Henry 97
Viera 94
Sol 93
Pires 92
Bergkamp 90
Lauren 90
Freddie 89
Gilberto 89
Toure 88
Cole 88
Reyes 88
Lehmann 87
others were underrated for eg RvP was just 82 etc

illmatik

Established Member
vanpersiethegoldenboy said:
no mate in 06 freddie was 83 lauren was 79
in 2005 we had best
Henry 97
Viera 94
Sol 93
Pires 92
Bergkamp 90
Lauren 90
Freddie 89
Gilberto 89
Toure 88
Cole 88
Reyes 88
Lehmann 87
others were underrated for eg RvP was just 82 etc

I dont think you have the same version of Fifa 06, I play it all the time and Ljunberg was an 88 and so was Lauren and Henry was a 92

-Shaun-

Fifa 08 for the Xbox 360 is great :) I'm hooked on it. The Arsenal players again are slightly underated though, Fabregas is only 85 when we ALL know he should be 90+. If your used to Pro Evolution Soccer, then you'll definitley realise the gameplay is a lot slower.... but it focuses on build-up play, which is perfect when your playing as Arsenal.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Ive heard a lot of mixed reviews on this.

A few say it is good. A few say it is no different. Cant believe the PSP version doesnt include "be a pro mode" .....what a farce.

Dont think I am going to buy this. I think once again FIFA is all hype.

-Shaun-

I have to say the "Be A Pro" mode is outstanding. I played that the other night as Fabregas, it is amazing. All the different camera angles look perfect, especially the one when you are running and the camera kind of follows you, it bounces upand down as if someone is actually filming you from behind.

What console would you be playing on?

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom