• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we able to get close 50M€ will be great specially from club outside England. Similar to what Chelsea did with Abraham they got 45M from Roma.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Why would we sell him? if we want to compete we need depth.

Many reasons we would sell him. He doesn't want to sign a new contract, he wants to be a starter, he's worth a lot of money and no value against the books. The entirety of his transfer fee is pure profit. As an example €40m for Balogun let's you buy two players for €60m + wages and break even on the books. Why wouldn't the club do that when the alternative is him sitting on the bench most weeks?

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Many reasons we would sell him. He doesn't want to sign a new contract, he wants to be a starter, he's worth a lot of money and no value against the books. The entirety of his transfer fee is pure profit. As an example €40m for Balogun let's you buy two players for €60m + wages and break even on the books. Why wouldn't the club do that when the alternative is him sitting on the bench most weeks?

Would be a shame if he turns out just like Gnabry, think you can never have enough competition but yeah the players also needs to fight for it and if he leaves its weak if you ask me.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Would be a shame if he turns out just like Gnabry, think you can never have enough competition but yeah the players also needs to fight for it and if he leaves its weak if you ask me.
I don't think it's weak, I think it's smart. If he wants to be a starter next season and doesn't want to go on loan, why would he come back here when Arteta is more likely to play Jesus, Trossard AND Eddie over him. Eddie himself was already getting antsy because Arteta was reluctant to play him initially. Even though it kinda worked out for Eddie in the end, Balogun clearly doesn't want that for himself. I don't blame him for not being patient. It's sad but I get it and I don't think it's a weakness on his part. If he goes abroad and smashes it, he likely gets his big move anyway, if he doesn't move to a big team already.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I don't think it's weak, I think it's smart. If he wants to be a starter next season and doesn't want to go on loan, why would he come back here when Arteta is more likely to play Jesus, Trossard AND Eddie over him. Eddie himself was already getting antsy because Arteta was reluctant to play him initially. Even though it kinda worked out for Eddie in the end, Balogun clearly doesn't want that for himself. I don't blame him for not being patient. It's sad but I get it and I don't think it's a weakness on his part. If he goes abroad and smashes it, he likely gets his big move anyway, if he doesn't move to a big team already.
On the other hand if he isn't prepared to come back to Arsenal and fight for his place with no promises maybe it does show that he hasn't enough faith in his own ability. Which is a weakness.

If he believes he is the best striker at Arsenal in pre season he will stay and prove it.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

On the other hand if he isn't prepared to come back to Arsenal and fight for his place with no promises maybe it does show that he hasn't enough faith in his own ability. Which is a weakness.

If he believes he is the best striker at Arsenal in pre season he will stay and prove it.
He would be stupid as hell if he doesn’t secure himself a move. Has nothing to do with weakness. We’re Salah and Kdb weak for not staying at Chelsea to fight for their place? He is a young player that needs to play and it’s very very hard to go from backup to starter unless the intended starter really drops off

He will not get a fair shot. No player that’s thought of as back up will. Meaning there is no chance he benches Jesus because he trains well. And the clubs who want him now won’t want him in 12 months after not playing. He should look at Willock and AMN and ask himself which route he want to take

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He would be stupid as hell if he doesn’t secure himself a move. Has nothing to do with weakness. We’re Salah and Kdb weak for not staying at Chelsea to fight for their place? He is a young player that needs to play and it’s very very hard to go from backup to starter unless the intended starter really drops off

He will not get a fair shot. No player that’s thought of as back up will. Meaning there is no chance he benches Jesus because he trains well. And the clubs who want him now won’t want him in 12 months after not playing. He should look at Willock and AMN and ask himself which route he want to take
Firstly KDB and Salah both spent time at Chelsea. They gave Chelsea a shot and it didn't work out for them. Then they moved.

As for "he won't be given a fair shot". Why? Are you telling me that if he shows in pre season he is a level about Eddie he won't be 2nd choice striker (if we don't sign another one)?

I'm pretty sure Flo would rather start 20 games for Arsenal and another 15-20 sub appearances than maybe playing 40 elsewhere in an inferior league and a club he has no connection to.

Obviously if the club don't think he can make the step up now is the time to sell. But if I were Flo I'd want to prove that I was good enough rather than walk away because a manager initially fancied someone else.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Firstly KDB and Salah both spent time at Chelsea. They gave Chelsea a shot and it didn't work out for them. Then they moved.

As for "he won't be given a fair shot". Why? Are you telling me that if he shows in pre season he is a level about Eddie he won't be 2nd choice striker (if we don't sign another one)?

I'm pretty sure Flo would rather start 20 games for Arsenal and another 15-20 sub appearances, playing in a top league, and CL then playing 40 games for Lille in a **** league.

Obviously if the club don't think he can make the step up now is the time to sell. But if I were Flo I'd want to prove that I was good enough rather than walk away because a manager fancied someone else.
First of all he is not a level above Eddie. Secondly Eddie has long term contract where he is paid 100k which makes it very hard to move him on.

So no I don’t think he can show anything to change the perception of him and go ahead of people who already has credit in the bank. He had last pre season and was deemed to needing a loan because he wasn’t gonna get minutes. The most practical thing for the club is to sell the red hot young player that they don’t need. If you were Flo and actually had decent people advising you then they should tell you to move and secure a club that sees you as vital player and build your career. If he stays he won’t play and will move the summer after to much lower level than Lille and Leipzig

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
First of all he is not a level above Eddie. Secondly Eddie has long term contract where he is paid 100k which makes it very hard to move him on.

So no I don’t think he can show anything to change the perception of him and go ahead of people who already has credit in the bank. He had last pre season and was deemed to needing a loan because he wasn’t gonna get minutes. The most practical thing for the club is to sell the red hot young player that they don’t need. If you were Flo and actually had decent people advising you then they should tell you to move and secure a club that sees you as vital player and build your career. If he stays he won’t play and will move the summer after to much lower level than Lille and Leipzig
If he stays and he is good enough he will play. But he has to be willing to earn his place.

Julian Alvarez plays second fiddle to Haaland. He is likely to go on to win silverware this season and play a decent amount of minutes and for the next 3 or 4 years. Are you saying he should have signed for Leipzig and got trounced 7-0 just because he would have played 90 minutes instead of maybe 30?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If he stays and he is good enough he will play. But he has to be willing to earn his place.

Julian Alvarez plays second fiddle to Haaland. He is likely to go on to win silverware this season and play a decent amount of minutes and for the next 3 or 4 years. Are you saying he should have signed for Leipzig and got trounced 7-0 just because he would have played 90 minutes instead of maybe 30?
Alvarez get enough minutes and even play with Haaland sometime. Balogun will have Jesus trossard and nketiah ahead of him

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Alvarez get enough minutes and even play with Haaland sometime. Balogun will have Jesus trossard and nketiah ahead of him
Alvarez gets enough minutes because he's good enough and has earned it. Phillips doesn't because he hasn't done enough to earn it.

If Balogun proves he's better than them (Eddie and Trossard at 9) he will get minutes also. You keep talking like you know Balogun is going to be inferior to Eddie and Trossard at 9. Which you don't know. And neither do I.

What I do know is, if a player wants to leave because he isn't promised a starting birth and doesnt want to fight to earn it, he hasn't got strong mentality.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Alvarez gets enough minutes because he's good enough and has earned it. Phillips doesn't because he hasn't done enough to earn it.

If Balogun proves he's better than them (Eddie and Trossard at 9) he will get minutes also. You keep talking like you know Balogun is going to be inferior to Eddie and Trossard at 9. Which you don't know. And neither do I.

What I do know is, if a player wants to leave because he isn't promised a starting birth and doesnt want to fight to earn it, he hasn't got strong mentality.
Balogun will be 22 in the summer. He was loaned out in the summer at 21 when we went into the season with only 2 strikers. If he was really good we would have kept him last season and we added another forward since. There is very good chance we sign a winger in the summer

Balogun is having a season no one expected after his weak loan from the championship. I’m sure the club is pleasantly surprised and will cash in.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Balogun will be 22 in the summer. He was loaned out in the summer at 21 when we went into the season with only 2 strikers. If he was really good we would have kept him last season and we added another forward since. There is very good chance we sign a winger in the summer

Balogun is having a season no one expected after his weak loan from the championship. I’m sure the club is pleasantly surprised and will cash in.
If they know he isn't good enough then of course cash in. But as you've used as examples like Salah etc some player take off later than others.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If they know he isn't good enough then of course cash in. But as you've used as examples like Salah etc some player take off later than others.
Yes some players take off later by going somewhere else and playing. Ivan Toney being perfect example. Would he be the player he is today if he didn’t leave Newcastle and played regular football and be main man at clubs?

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Abraham had much more experience which affects the price.

It's about supply and demand and Balogun is clearly in demand with about 10 clubs linked so far. When you have that many clubs you create a bidding war and you can demand a buy back or sell on clause too. That's what big clubs do, see Real Madrid (Morata), Chelsea (Abraham), Man City

Also when it comes to the marketplace for players, if Balogun was owned by a French team and we came knocking the fee would be over 60m. Laca was 60m ages ago and Pepe was 72m. We probably can't achieve that from a foreign team and hence why we need to put in buy back clause of 70-80m, which still allows them to turn a profit for their efforts.

I'm pretty sure Flo would rather start 20 games for Arsenal and another 15-20 sub appearances than maybe playing 40 elsewhere in an inferior league and a club he has no connection to.

Obviously if the club don't think he can make the step up now is the time to sell. But if I were Flo I'd want to prove that I was good enough rather than walk away because a manager initially fancied someone else.

Because Arteta doesn't trust players who aren't established. He rarely rotates and he doesn't give players too many minutes off the bench. You're also essentially arguing that if he doesn't have a great pre-season for whatever reason, he won't get a shot ahead of Eddie. That's a year of his development pretty much ruined

Also I think it's a good time to cash in anyway.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It's about supply and demand and Balogun is clearly in demand with about 10 clubs linked so far. When you have that many clubs you create a bidding war and you can demand a buy back or sell on clause too. That's what big clubs do, see Real Madrid (Morata), Chelsea (Abraham), Man City

Also when it comes to the marketplace for players, if Balogun was owned by a French team and we came knocking the fee would be over 60m. Laca was 60m ages ago and Pepe was 72m. We probably can't achieve that from a foreign team and hence why we need to put in buy back clause of 70-80m, which still allows them to turn a profit for their efforts.

Because Arteta doesn't trust players who aren't established. He rarely rotates and he doesn't give players too many minutes off the bench. You're also essentially arguing that if he doesn't have a great pre-season for whatever reason, he won't get a shot ahead of Eddie. That's a year of his development pretty much ruined

Also I think it's a good time to cash in anyway.
Yeah people are building these huge squads like they haven’t paid attention to how Arteta likes to use his squad. If Balogun stays then Eddie has to be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom