• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

It's going to be hard to get him to go to a Premier League bottom feeder club if both Milan clubs are interested. If AC Milan are seriously interested he'll probably end up there.
It depends on price, the power is in the clubs hands.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
It's going to be hard to get him to go to a Premier League bottom feeder club if both Milan clubs are interested. If AC Milan are seriously interested he'll probably end up there.

AC Milan couldn't beat Bournemouth for Zaniolo. Doubt they can spend any serious cash,

Time for Edu to earn his money.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
30m? This kid is already 40 plus mate, doing the business in a top league.

I want us to keep him, but if he can fund a replacement striker and we bring in another on top of that, we should be golden.

If we want that sort of money we’ll probably have to sell him to someone in the PL. Dont think any of the clubs mentioned can afford that sort of money for a guy like Balogun.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
40m to even get to the negotiating room IMO - I'd be pushing for £50m. Figured this might be the state of play re Balogun. Has a taste of being the main man and wants that permanently. Don't blame the lad, and I think he's definitely good enough to earn it anywhere he goes - including the PL.

We need to get serious cash for this though, he's one of the top scorers in his age bracket, and on a team that doesn't create tones of great chances he manages to get lots of them and score a fair few aswell. Shame to lose him but we can already see what our CF template is and Balogun - while probably more naturally inclined than Eddie - isn't a perfect fit either and perhaps doesn't offer enough of an alternative option considering the type of players we currently have.

FWIW, I think he has the highest ceiling among the 4 main attackers we're using but I don't at this point envision it being realised with him staying. I'd have been best pleased with a loan but a reluctant sale for lots of money will do. Even from a Hale End perspective, if it's one thing we're doing right at the moment, it's producing #9s. There'll be another one soon.

Goonger

I think realistically we are looking at around £30M max, and id reluctantly accept that if we were allowed to insert some sort of reasonable buy back clause, purely because there's not a lot of money going around these European leagues. If it's to an EPL side then hopefully we can get a bit more.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We need buy back or sell on clause or both. Not getting bent over this time
Depends. If we want a buy back, we have to be somewhat generous over the fee. To get a big transfer fee and a buyback would be magnificent negotiating from Edu. I think a sell-on is much easier to negotiate.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Depends. If we want a buy back, we have to be somewhat generous over the fee. To get a big transfer fee and a buyback would be magnificent negotiating from Edu. I think a sell-on is much easier to negotiate.
Chelsea got 35m for that donkey Abraham from Roma with a buyback at 70m and that was during peak covid days. We're the selling party here, in theory we're not the ones who should find it difficult to negotiate it's only because we know how Edu operates that we think we should lol.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Chelsea got 35m for that donkey Abraham from Roma with a buyback at 70m and that was during peak covid days. We're the selling party here, in theory we're not the ones who should find it difficult to negotiate it's only because we know how Edu operates that we think we should lol.
You can’t force people to pay something they don’t want. It’s funny people saying we should get this and that for him. If he is so good why not keep him? I don’t think he has much of a future here and Abraham had far better record. 26 goals in the championship and 15 goals in the PL. England international as well

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
You can’t force people to pay something they don’t want. It’s funny people saying we should get this and that for him. If he is so good why not keep him? I don’t think he has much of a future here and Abraham had far better record. 26 goals in the championship and 15 goals in the PL. England international as well
There are like 6-7 different clubs named as having announced their interest in him, a couple in the PL, CL clubs from Italy even Lille who're interested have paid 20m-30m for guys like Osimhen or David when they weren't scoring as many as Balogun does in a much better league.

Abraham's last season before leaving Chelsea he had scored six in the league. Nobody cares who did what in the second tier.

If no one pays what you want you keep Balogun. Really wonder how the rest of the world does it when selling at prices they're happy with when "you can't force people to pay what they don't want".

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There are like 6-7 different clubs named as having announced their interest in him, a couple in the PL, CL clubs from Italy even Lille who're interested have paid 20m-30m for guys like Osimhen or David when they weren't scoring as many as Balogun does in a much better league.

Abraham's last season before leaving Chelsea he had scored six in the league. Nobody cares who did what in the second tier.

If no one pays what you want you keep Balogun. Really wonder how the rest of the world does it when selling at prices they're happy with when "you can't force people to pay what they don't want".
You keep him if you can give him good amount of minutes. You don’t keep him like we done with AMN and not use him and lose all value. It’s really simple. We either make him part of the squad and give him real minutes or sell.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
You keep him if you can give him good amount of minutes. You don’t keep him like we done with AMN and not use him and lose all value. It’s really simple. We either make him part of the squad and give him real minutes or sell.
Didn't say we should keep him and ruin his value. AMN is a good example Wolves offered 25m at some point iirc and he looked great playing the Zinchenko role at RB for a short while then we ****ed it up.

Way too much interest in Balogun for that to happen, just need to make sure we get a decent fee for once.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Buyback clause will take lot of the fee i think we need high sell on fee percentage. But if we manage get 40M+ i dont mind not having both its edu he bad at these stuff

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Loads of teams will want Balogun, don't see him going for less than £30m. Literally every mid-table PL club would probably be interested, including us, and you probably also get interest from foreign clubs as well.

Not sure he's good enough for you lot from what I've seen, seems a bit one dimensional.

Sparrahork

We can and should get a decent figure for him. As has been stated foreign clubs have little cash, however the premiership is awash with it. Balogun counts as an English homegrown player and premiership clubs throw serious wonga at a player who could score goals.

To put it in context, Leeds paid £35m for Rutter, a player of similar age to balogun but much lower ability, and not an English player either! £30m is ridiculously low to hope to get given balo is relatively well known now and less of a risk than Rutter or the new forward at wolves who joined for even more money.

We can play hardball if forced to sell as there are two years left on his contract. If he is unwilling to go somewhere he is not keen on then he will be a squad player or out on loan again.

If he has one year left on his contract there is no way that our bargaining power is reduced. Look at the premiership this season, 9 clubs all desperate for someone to score the goals to keep them up, the bottom clubs will not create a pact allowing one to bid £10m and get a steal of a signing.

I hope he relents and signs an extension and moves to the likes of palace on loan, thus making him undroppable if a success (and merely lowering his value a little if not as teams will still take a punt).

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Sorry to be the voice of realism but we’re not getting close to 40m for Balogun.

Very few clubs can afford to spend that on a youngster.
juve payed 70 mil for dusan vlahovic.

Milan payed 40mil for tammy.
Italian are like the cheapest teams. Pay or don't get him should be the case.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Well let's be honest Lille are likely not going to pay £30m+ unless they get really good money for David.

So how much do people think David would cost? He is more proven in France, decent record internationally & still pretty young .
So Is he a £50m+ striker?

Again it depends on the buying club.
Prem league teams obvs will pay more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom