• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2008.

nazo

Established Member
I always went with Ustari, i don't know if he's as good in this version of the game. He used to make unbelievable saves.

Christofaux

I started a new game to show Eduardo some love and it took just 5 months for AC and Inter to unsettle RvP. He said he thinks hes acheived all he can, i kept on to him through the summer and he stayed unhappy. He had a 30 goal season for me and we wont hte league and champions league. then it got too much so i had to let him go in the summer, sold him to.. get this... Everton. Eeverton pipped Liverpool for the championsleague spot and RvP left Arsenal to play for Everton. He had another offer from Inter but he still chose Everton.

Now my main strikers are Adebayor, Eduardo and Villa with Bendtner, Vela (also unsettled due to Valencia wanting him) and Walcott as my backup.

I'm trying desperately to loan Vela out as all he needs is one good season on loan and he comes back a monster.

when Diaby and Song come back from loan i fear i wont be able to offer them enough first team action to keep them. Which is unfortunate but my current midfield battlers are

Hleb, Rosicky, Fernandez, Flamini, Fabregas, D. Alves, Diarra, Denilson. Diarra and Denilson dont get enough playing time as it is.

the back four is fought out between the standard clichy, traore, Sagna, eboue, Gallas, Toure, Senderos, Djourou.

Almunia in goals and fabianski backup, Lehmann left in the summer when i didnt renew his contract.

I'm thinking the sale of Diaby and Song will help me get Akinfeev who was a monster against me in the champions league.

I don't really need to keep Vela or Walcott... i just don't want other teams to have them.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
true gooner, ustari and akinfeev is the best keepers in this game.

DREVAK

Established Member
I do not think Ustari is as great as he used to be in, say, FM2007. Just checked my game and he has got a CA of about 150 and PA of 160. A fine keeper but not as good as he used to be. Might have got some bad PA values for him, though.

DREVAK

Established Member
A humongous success the likes of which the world has never seen before! Despite my early predictions coming true, Ipswich falling from the sixth place a bit lower that is, the unthinkable happened. Tottenham and Manchester City slipped in their last two or so matches of the season. And I did not. In an away match against Arsenal, I won. In the most dramatic fashion of them all. Holding out for a draw, Bogdan Stancu scored on the break with only seconds to go. Magical stuff!

Demolishing Burnley, also away, was only icing on the cake, really. And thanks to all that, Ipswich have retained the awesome sixth place. But see for yourself, it is not like Ipswich's achievement is the greatest surprise of them all. There was huge competition in the miracle department. From the Newcastle Messiah himself.

It has been a team effort that saw Ipswich climb so high in the league table, but let us be honest, some parts of the team were more important than others. As not just this table suggests:

And that's it! First season in the Premier League and what a season it was. Now I am hoping I get a huge transfer kitty so I can go on a shopping spree. But knowing my board I guess I will have to be content, happy even, if I get anywhere near twenty million, ha!

James

Established Member
Just started playing again over Easter since handing my dissertation in.

Started a game with Leyton Orient. Currently just in a play off position (6th), 25 games into the first season, despite being tipped to get relegated. Signed Nordtveidt on loan, not doing too badly.

go49oner

Established Member
Move over Arsène.....134 games unbeaten

52837053qp4.png

DREVAK

Established Member
That is a very impressive record there, Go49oner. In fact, my Ipswich team has made all the right steps in order to beat it, ha! Well, almost – the start to my second season in the highest flight has been immense. Five wins in five, including an extremely good 1 – 0 result against favourites Liverpool and, eh, very hard fought 4 – 3 against Reading, courtesy of Bogdan Stancu's last minute goal! I demolished Helsingborg away by four goals to none in the UEFA Cup as well. Things couldn't have been better, really.

It needs to be said that I did strengthen my squad in summer. A lot, when compared to the previous transfer windows. It all started rather bad for me, though. Giles Barnes, a superstar in the making, snatched away from the relegated Derby (who, by the way, have found their way back into the Premier League) during previous season, attracted the unwanted attention of many clubs. Including a few high profile ones. I tried to fight it, but soon he was unhappy and after a while I just had to give up.

I didn't really understand it, the first season in the Premier League has been so, so good, as were the European exploits, but he just didn't want to stay. With that in mind, I tried to get as much money out of it as possible! And, of all the teams that wanted to sign him, of all the possibilities open to him, he chose Blackburn. Yes, Blackburn. Who finished some places behind me. Who were not and still are not a better team. Blackburn. But hey, who am I to argue. I bought him for 2.5 million pounds and sold him for seven times that amount.

It was a blow, though. I do have a few exciting prospects in the attacking midfielder and winger department, but nowhere near what Barnes' current skills were. As if fate itself intervened, I stumbled upon a Brazilian guy called Leonardo. Out of contract at Ajax, skill of nineteen and twenty all over the board (well, not really – but at least where it mattered...), I signed him on a free transfer, yay! No more worries on the wings for me, then. I do plan on selling that Leonardo as soon as my youngsters develop a bit, though. Life is cruel.

And because life is cruel, I wanted to make it just a tiny bit sweeter. So I went and spent almost all my transfer funds on Guilherme The Wonderkid Striker of Astonishingly High Stats And The Ability To Score A Goal And A Half On Average In All His Games So Far. 25 and something million it cost me. But man, it was extremely worth it. He has got it all. Finishing, technique, both mental and physical attributes, and he is just twenty. Truth be told, he almost seems unrealistically overpowered.

I don't mind, though, no, sir! There might have been a few more ins and outs in the transfer window as well, but nowhere near the awesomeness level of the signing of Guilherme. That player is pure gold. Now Kepa Blanco and Bogdan Stancu, my two primary strikers, have been more than adequate, both getting into the top ten goalscorers in my first season in the Premier League, but everything, and I mean everything, points to Guilherme to be even better than that.

Anzac

Established Member
Just a quick question for those who play as AFC - did anyone go thru' the initial season (this real one) without any additional buys to what we have in real life????? If so how did you go????

In addition - what formations do you use in comparison to the real 4-4-2 & 4-5-1?????

Anzac

Established Member
Also I feel that the result today A v Chel$ki is going to have another effect on my game with FM. Just as I deleted my current game after the injury to Eduardo I feel I'll be deleting the game I had started then as WHU. Think I'm going to have to start a game as Arsenal if for no other reason than to be able to try to take out my frustrations thru' the game............ :lol:

Christofaux

Anzac said:
Just a quick question for those who play as AFC - did anyone go thru' the initial season (this real one) without any additional buys to what we have in real life????? If so how did you go????

In addition - what formations do you use in comparison to the real 4-4-2 & 4-5-1?????

Yeah i just started a new one not tool ong ago (after Eduardo's injury) and didnt make any additions. Won the championsleague and the premierleague using 4-4-2, 4-1-2-1-2 and the occasional 4-5-1. Actually i think i might have bought Mattias Fernandez, but i barely gave him a run in his first season. Kind of ironic how it seemed i just needed one wing player to complete the squad.

Anzac

Established Member
I just opened up a game as Arsenal and found the default formation for us in the game was a 5-3-2 with 3 CBs & 2 WBs - WTF!!!!!!

Anyone else find this?????

Not sure if I'm going to go with a 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1 combo, or look at a 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1 type...........

True Gooner

Established Member
Can anyone recommend a great striker that can lead the line on his own aswell as score goals? Apart from Ibrahamovic and Drogba of course...

Im currently using Adebayor as my lone striker and my other options are more suited to play wide rather than lead the line on their own.

Gurgen

Established Member
true gooner said:
Can anyone recommend a great striker that can lead the line on his own aswell as score goals? Apart from Ibrahamovic and Drogba of course...

Im currently using Adebayor as my lone striker and my other options are more suited to play wide rather than lead the line on their own.

Aguero.

He's not big, but set him to run with ball often and he will rip all teams apart on the counter as a lone striker.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom