• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2008.

thegame24

Established Member
lol

I used to cheat when i was about 14, used to do my head in all the reloading.

Its soooooo much better when you dont cheat.

True Gooner

Established Member
I won the treble. :D:D

Beat Juvetus on penalties and Everton in the FA cup.

TBH I was very luckly with my draws, hardest team I had to face was Real Madrid, the rest were 3rd rate :D

But my biggest achivement is signing Giovanni dos Santos on a free transfer :lol:

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
true gooner said:
I
But my biggest achivement is signing Giovanni dos Santos on a free transfer :lol:

WAUW, thats a achivement! how is his behaviour in your team mate! hehe...
Anyway, thats very nice how did you do it? :lol:

Christofaux

true gooner said:
I won the treble. :D:D

Beat Juvetus on penalties and Everton in the FA cup.

TBH I was very luckly with my draws, hardest team I had to face was Real Madrid, the rest were 3rd rate :D

I got him on a free as well.

Anzac

Established Member
I feel a little better at the moment...........started a game as AFC, playing a 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1 style, signed Farfan & Ignashevich (sp), just played my 2nd EPL match H v LFC & stuffed them 4-0.

Already have teams hunting half the squad........................ :roll:

DREVAK

Established Member
Speaking of other teams hunting your players, halfway through my second season in the Premier League, my Ipswich team suffered a huge blow when several offers came from Spain for Kepa Blanco. And he just could not say no, the traitor. So he left in January. Very disappointed at that, as he was the favourite of pretty much everyone in the squad. And was key to the team's success. At least I got 16 million for him. I got him for three, if I remember correctly. A small consolation, though.

It's March now and Ipswich find themselves battling for the fifth place with Liverpool. Funny thing, despite winning only one or two games in the last eight or ten or so, it is still a close race. Only one point between us two, with me currently being the team behind. Reading are seven points behind in seventh place. The gap in quality is huge, though. Despite getting a few extremely hard fought results against the top teams, encounters with them usually end with a rather unpleasant result, shall we say?

On a side note, Arsenal are first with seventy points, second place is currently occupied by Newcastle! Yes, Newcastle, of all teams. Does not look like a title challenge from them, as they only have got 56 points. Chelsea and United only a couple of points behind them, anything could happen there. Oh and I almost forgot! Garry Bocaly turned out to be a monster centre back. The possibly promising youngster with decent stats all around is now one of my best players. A huge and pleasant surprise!

Anzac

Established Member
Played another EPL match - mid-week A v Wigan - played the 4-3-3 / 4-3-2-1 in Control mode (same squad, formation & tactics as used v LFC). Won 4-0 & Farfan bagged 2 & MOTM. From now on he'll be starting on the left ahead of RVP, with Hleb on the right.

Also found the Control tactic works better with the outside mids going forward with the DMC dropping back, as opposed to having the MC going forward into the hole & the outer mids holding.

Was really p*ssed as I had to replay the game as my post match comments hadn't saved & the majority of the squad were p*ssed at me. First time around was the same scoreline but Farfan got all 4 & a 10 rating!!!! It's the 2nd time it's happened - 1st time was after the CL Quals 1st leg & I'd won 10-0 - I'd played a 4-2-3-1 Attack at Home (even when Zurich went to a 4-5-1 Defensive), and from memory Ade got 6 & Rosicky 4 as AMC.

Coming up I've got EPL Home v ManC & then mid-week CL Quals A v Zurich (won 1st leg 5-0 - used by B team as such & Farfan got MOTM).

After 3 games I'm top on GD = 11-0. The midfield is dominating the passing stats & so far I'm dominating the match stats. I've been using Ade as the target man & was worried that a lot of his flick-ons etc are being wasted so far as scoring opportunities goes, but to date he's dominating in the air, top scorer & hasn't rated lower than 8 in any game played.

Early days yet I know but if it carrys on like this I'll go back to one of my other games & look to utilise the same formation & tactics.

Anzac

Established Member
After my winning my 4th EPL match 4-1 H v ManC I've deleted the game to start again!!!! My scorers v City were Hleb(!!!!!), Farfan (5th for the season) & Toure got 2 from near post corners & MOTM. Despite not scoring Ade still rated an 8, and Rosicky playing from the hole has the highest average ranking after 4 matches (5 of top 6 are my players).

Had offered 20 mill to Barca for YaYa & got turned down, and 15mill for Ben Arfa with same result.

Will restart & play 2 consecutive games as AFC, one using the 4-3-3 style & the other using the 4-4-2.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Just signed Villa for my Arsenal team!

He is 32 years old and a free agent so why not, he scored on his debut after coming off the bench at half-time to replace the injured Augero.

Christofaux

I bought David Villa at 26 for 70 million pounds... i hadnt spent any money the 2 seasons before it and had a transfer budget of over 100. His first sesaon was 'quiet' netting around 20 (my 4 main strikers all netted around that much). Second season he just put 50 away in a season (next highest adebayor only had 17 or something) At the moment he and Eduardo are putting goals away at ease. Its a bit silly two small strikers can play up top together and be so successfull. My team is pretyt small all together

Akinfeev (can never spell his name)

Sagna/Alves toure Senderos Clichy

Dos santos Denilson Fabregas Fernandez

Eduardo Villa

Walcott is on my bench and im trying to get him into the starting 11 but its hard because he hasn't been scoring alot of goals. At the moment im aiming to get an english (not brittish) 11 with some good young (22 and under) players coming through

so far striking i have

Ashley Chambers theo Walcott and 2 other generated guys i cant remember their names

Mids i have Randall Simpson and a couple of generated players

I have a few young defenders who are looking good, i cant remember their names at the moment as they are generated.

For some reason Arsenal seems to churn out good young goal keepers as well.

entropy13

Established Member
Christofaux said:
For some reason Arsenal seems to churn out good young goal keepers as well.

I bought an Arsenal regen young GK, Ian Bingham, in my Fiorentina save. He was 17 then, he's 20 now.

DREVAK

Established Member
Halfway through April 2010 and Arsenal are the league champions already. Eighty five points, seventeen ahead of the second placed Chelsea. From second to sixth place is where things get interesting. Chelsea, United, Liverpool and Newcastle are all on 68 points. Ipswich with 65 trailing them with a game in hand. A game against Arsenal, though. I hope they rest some of their players and hopefully succumb to the migth of the Tractor Boys, so that I can keep up with the rest of the top six.

Other than that there is nothing interesting going on. I have spent peanuts on potentially good players that will join as soon as the transfer window starts. The other teams, the top ones I mean, have been rather quiet in the transfer market in my game. Only a few high profile signings here and there. Such as Elano to Chelsea or Gareth Barry to Arsenal. Oh, I almost forgot to add that I am on a something of an unbeaten run! A dozen games or so, unless I am mistaken. Now if it only lasted till the end...

entropy13

Established Member
Halfway through January 2012 and I've just drew with AC Milan in the league, 2-2, thanks to a very late penalty which Cacia coolly slotted into the net. The next match is also against them, the Italian Cup Q-Final 1st leg.

Because Juventus won 1-0 against Cagliari (who is 19th), they are now top at 1st with 43 points, while the Viola is second with 41 points.

Pato got injured in our earlier encounter, so it'll be Gilardino to partner Henry upfront for them. Pazzini has come back from injury, but not yet in great fitness, so it'll be Cacia and Vantaggiato (the 2 Daniel's) upfront for us. Dainelli and Pichu Atienza is just coming back from injury as well.

DREVAK

Established Member
That was one crazy football night tonight! At least in my Football Manager game. Not expecting but secretly hoping for at least a tiny success against Arsenal, my Ipswich team got immensely lucky and won 3 – 0. All goals scored in the first half. Arsenal came close to scoring in the second, but it was not to be. A huge, huge result. And what's more! Birmingham, yes, the midtable obscurity Birmingham has demolished Manchester United by the same margin. Thus Ipswich get to the fifth place, leaving Manchester United behind on goal difference! Crazy.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Drevak, how much free time does you have? hahaha.

you seem to be watching alot of soccer and playing alot of games eh.

DREVAK

Established Member
It does seem that way, doesn't it? Even if the game plays rather quick, it still takes up some time, and there is no way to make a football match shorter and watch it whole at the same time. And yet I find myself doing just that and all the usual things like working, eating, sleeping, working, working, you get the idea. I suppose me having a time machine has got something to do with that all!

Anyway, the season is over and what an end it was! With Arsenal having secured the first place many weeks back, it was now between five other teams to battle it out for Europe, so to speak. It was so tight the very last matches would decide. Even goal difference would have to come into play under certain circumstances! And so, here I was with my Ipswich team, with a point being enough for the UEFA Cup and most probably even the Champions League, and a win sending me to the CL no matter what happened!

The only thing that stood in my boys' way was a very tough away match against Aston Villa. A loss would mean I could easily miss on the fifth place. Knowing how bad my team performs when under any kind of pressure, I said how easily they could beat Aston Villa, used the most extreme and tough team talks, stirred up controversy in the press, yeah baby! If we go down (well, not really that much down), we go down in style! The worst thing about it all – it worked.

I was 2 – 0 up with only minutes left in the first half. Champions League was within my grasp. Ipswich, the Tractor Boys, would face the likes of Real Madrid and Inter Milan. Aston Villa were outplayed on every front. And then it happened. In the fourth minute of three added minutes – yes, you are reading it right – Agbonlahor scored. A lifeline for Aston Villa, a disaster looming on the horizon for Ipswich. As you probably can already guess, in the end it was the latter.

Agbonlahor went and singlehandedly demolished my defense two more times. Nothing helped. Not even sending the bloodthirstiest players at my disposal to tackle him hard, not even throwing everything I got into that last desperate attempt to score. After ninety minutes, it was Aston Villa 3 – 2 Ipswich. A heartbreaking moment. And possibly a very sad one, as I could drop to the sixth place. Which is a stupid place to be, wouldn't you agree?

Luckily for me, Reading got a 2 – 2 draw against Liverpool and Chelsea demolished Newcastle. With Liverpool and Newcastle being my closest rivals, not all was lost. Just the mouthwatering prospect of Champions League. But fifth place was good enough for me! The season was not over yet, though. I would face Arsenal two more times. In the UEFA and FA cup finals. Yeah. Arsenal and Ipswich in those two competitions' finals. What is it about pigs and flying?

Still, it was true and I was ready to get two smash and grab wins and thus be recognized as a huge persona in the history of English football! Well, Arsenal had other plans as they completely outclassed me in the UEFA Cup, leaving me wondering whether I should just let them win by default in the FA Cup. My instincts told me to quit. My heart told me to quit. But my brain, my brain told me to not quit yet, better sulk for a few more minutes.

Alas, the judgement day came! Neither my heart, instincts nor my brain were prepared for what was about to happen! On a wonderful sunny evening at Wembley, the world had stopped. Bogdan Stancu, the cult hero of millions, scored in the tenth minute. Catenaccio, aggressive tackles, ugly defensive game relying on one skill only – the skill of long balls – followed. 1 – 0. That was the final score. Of the final. There was much rejoicing.

What happened next, you ask? Apart from sour media reports wondering how the heck did Arsenal manage to lose the match, the most important thing happened. I GOT MONEY! Loads of it. So I did the next best thing besides nurturing new talents and watching a young team with its limitless potential. I decided to go on a shopping spree! Almost forty million pounds to spend! Do I buy Ronaldo? Do I buy Kaka? Do I buy Kuyt? Oh, wait...

Needless to say the plans were kind of short lived as the foolish players I tried to buy said no. To a very prospective East Anglian team! Can you imagine why? I can't. Still, reinforcements were bound to come. Having been rebuffed by players comfortable in their expensive villas and supposedly glorious clubs, I stalked the sewers of the footballing world to get the homeless, no, wait, the contractless and those not wanted by anyone! Most notably Alex Song, Adriano and Marek Jankulovski!

UEFA Cup, beware!

Pádraig

I'm really considering getting this game.

Could anyone tell me if it slows down your computer much and when will the '09 version be coming out?

DREVAK

Established Member
The last couple of FM games have all been released around late October, so I think they will do the same this year. As for slowing down the computer, I am not sure what you mean by that? The system requirements are extremely low by today's standards, check them out anywhere, really. And the game itself can run at various speeds, so to speak. Meaning that it might take even a few minutes for it to resolve things on a low end PC, especially when playing with many leagues and countries. Or just a few seconds with few leagues active or on at least a decent computer, generally speaking.

thegame24

Established Member
Pádraig said:

Could anyone tell me if it slows down your computer much and when will the '09 version be coming out?

find a cheap one on ebay for like 10 15 quid then download the patch and you ae good to go.

any pc from the last 3 4 years can handle it.

Anzac

Established Member
Pádraig said:

firstly - just beware that it is a management sim as opposed to a player RPG style like FIFA & PES;

secondly - be prepared for it to take over your life............ :)

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom